Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Running the two adventures in the 1st Ed boxed set
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2013 :  20:38:37  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I would like to run these two dungeons with my current 3.5 group but I'm worried they seem way too difficult even though they are "starter" dungeons. I have 3 characters of 2nd level. the two modules are "Lashan's Fall" and "Hall of the Beast-Tamers". I'm interested in hearing from anyone who converted this to 3 or 3.5 ed. Thanks.

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2013 :  21:05:49  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've used both adventures in 3.5; Hall of the Beast-Tamers once and Lashan's Fall at least twice. I like the adventures because you can place them anywhere in the Realms.

Of the two, I think Lashan's Fall is more interesting, but also more dangerous. I'd seriously de-power Azimer, making him a lich that's on the verge of falling apart after a few good whacks. I'd also pull out a lot of the treasure to make it appropriate for low levels.

What I wouldn't do is back off of the idea that Azimer *is* a lich. When I last used Lashan's Fall, the players first encountered Azimer at about 5th or 6th level. That was fun.

I'll try and post more later when I can find my notes.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2013 :  21:22:44  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those are both good adventures from FRs 'golden age' and the good thing about them is they are easily adjusted (as adventures go). The Halls especially so, just swap the denizens for weaker (or stronger) specimens or have some of the stronger monsters remain in stasis (this is what we did...allowing for a return a few levels later when the monsters were freed of it).

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2017 :  19:52:14  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For What PC levels are these adventures???

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Alok Silverspear
Acolyte

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2017 :  10:46:52  Show Profile Send Alok Silverspear a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I ran the Guild of the Naturalists recently in roll20 using 5e, with some modifications. Went down well I think! There is a decent VTT map of it if you are interested.
Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2017 :  03:41:25  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARDOBARBAROS

For What PC levels are these adventures???

I believe they are supposed to be "starter" adventures for 2nd or 3rd level characters. I'm pretty sure I ran it with my party at 3rd or possibly 4th.

It was very challenging, especially the grell.

Go to Top of Page

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2017 :  20:32:40  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any chance the 5th edition version or the 3.5 you did for your campaigns could be shared with us ? It could be great help for DM like me :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000