Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Sundering Art
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2013 :  22:36:36  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
http://www.rasalvatore.com/article.aspx?siteNews=241

Any guesses or insights as to who is who from left to right?
Vasen, Faridah, ??,??, Drizzt, ???, Elminster, ???, Mailk?, RLB Protagonist, Troy Dennings Paladin.

Can anyone fill in the blanks?

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2013 :  23:07:02  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The guy in the middle looks like a lawyer.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2013 :  23:22:03  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Center guy makes me think of a Purple Dragon. The bottom of his white tabard looks like there is a sun there. Lathander type perhaps?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2013 :  23:50:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is that the Green Lantern in the pic? Between Elminster and Purple Robes?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  00:31:03  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My guy is second from the right with the headband and curved sword.

I thought of Green Lantern when I first saw the picture, too.
Go to Top of Page

Entromancer
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  03:43:14  Show Profile Send Entromancer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I see Jim Carry's Riddler.

"...the will is everything. The will to act."--Ra's Al Ghul

"Suffering builds character."--Talia Al Ghul

Edited by - Entromancer on 10 Jul 2013 03:44:50
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  04:15:08  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Riddler with a "There's Something About Mary" vibe!

RLB's guy reminds me of a young Mario Van Peebles.

The center guy actually seemed based on Bob's face, at first, to me.

Drizzt's face looks photo-realistic. But I like my pointy ears more vertical, rather than horizontal. I think vertical looks more intimidating. Horizontal looks like someone's pet!

The dude next to him looks like a white-haired Professor Snapes.

Next guy looks a little like Ryan Reynolds.

I wonder how Erin's tiefling chick brushes those long locks when she has a bad hair day? Those horns!

I hope slim shady on the far left never has a brain lapse and tries to rub his chin on his shoulder. Check out dem spikes--ouch!

El looks like he must've gotten another unfavorable page-count or word limit from WOTC. He looks pissed!

Edited by - BEAST on 10 Jul 2013 04:26:17
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  04:53:53  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm curious about the sundering globes in the background. Is that supposed to be a dragonborn battling an Archer?

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  14:26:48  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was a recent article reflecting a mini that looks like the paladin/warlord in the center front. Complete with bone/ dragontooth/ whatever, cane. Some sort of limited edition only available if you came to the event type of thing.
Go to Top of Page

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  14:35:41  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's the man featured prominently in the middle, with full plate and purple cape, that I'm really curious about. I don't see him in the previous Sundering image, the one where all the protagonists of the Sundering series were pictured:

http://slushlush.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Pantheon-800x4332.jpg

So who is he? Could he be an antagonist? And what is he holding with his left hand?
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  14:59:06  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

There was a recent article reflecting a mini that looks like the paladin/warlord in the center front. Complete with bone/ dragontooth/ whatever, cane. Some sort of limited edition only available if you came to the event type of thing.

Certainly! Do you have a link?

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Emma Drake
Learned Scribe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  16:16:08  Show Profile  Visit Emma Drake's Homepage Send Emma Drake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BEAST

The center guy actually seemed based on Bob's face, at first, to me.

I thought the same thing!

"I am always here, all about you. You are never truly alone. I flow wherever life flows, wherever winds blow and water runs and the sun and moon chase each other, for there is magic in all things."

- Mystra (Ed Greenwood, Silverfall)
Go to Top of Page

Emma Drake
Learned Scribe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  16:18:49  Show Profile  Visit Emma Drake's Homepage Send Emma Drake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The guy in the middle is Isteval:

http://www.gf9.com/Default.aspx?tabid=348&art_id=3903

"I am always here, all about you. You are never truly alone. I flow wherever life flows, wherever winds blow and water runs and the sun and moon chase each other, for there is magic in all things."

Go to Top of Page

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  19:43:24  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the answer and the link, Emma Drake. Now I'm wondering if this Isteval will play a major role in the Sundering.
Go to Top of Page

Emma Drake
Learned Scribe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  19:54:19  Show Profile  Visit Emma Drake's Homepage Send Emma Drake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krafus

Thanks for the answer and the link, Emma Drake. Now I'm wondering if this Isteval will play a major role in the Sundering.

It has me a little more interested in the Ghost of Dragonspear Castle preview/mini-campaign (which I'm sure was the point of putting Isteval front and center of that art!).

The description of the book (found at: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4news/20130524) says that the adventures take place "against the backdrop of the Sundering." If you click on the preorder link on the page I posted earlier and scroll down, you can see closer images of the Isteval mini and also a short description of the character himself. None of those things make me think he's a huge mover and shaker in the Sundering itself, but is one of the normal people that lives in the world and changes/saves/shapes his little corner of it. I could be wrong though, that's just a guess based on the tidbits of info they have released.

Edited by - Emma Drake on 10 Jul 2013 21:40:14
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  21:37:51  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emma Drake
If you click on the preorder link on the page I posted earlier, it takes you to another page (http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=79&ProductID=5460) where you can see closer images of the Isteval mini and also a short description of the character himself.

Thanks! Now to pray that someone is foolish enough to sell the mini at an affordable price. Sadly, I cannot attend.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

lordsknight185
Seeker

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  23:52:25  Show Profile Send lordsknight185 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ouch, the official art makes Isteval look young and vibrant compared to the rough old looking miniature version of him.
Go to Top of Page

Emma Drake
Learned Scribe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  00:04:24  Show Profile  Visit Emma Drake's Homepage Send Emma Drake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lordsknight185

quote:

Ouch, the official art makes Isteval look young and vibrant compared to the rough old looking miniature version of him.

I had the same thought.

The miniature seems to be somewhat more in line with the description listed of him... "Due to a grievous leg injury, Isteval's greatest quests lie behind him..." But at the same time, a relatively young person can have their adventuring career brought to a premature end by a grievous injury, so I can see how the artist and the miniature crafter might have interpreted the same text differently.

Go to Top of Page

lordsknight185
Seeker

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  02:01:23  Show Profile Send lordsknight185 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I hope slim shady on the far left never has a brain lapse and tries to rub his chin on his shoulder. Check out dem spikes--ouch!

Those spikes are actually part of his shield, you can see it better on the Godborn cover.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  03:07:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really like this image.

And, since I can't really tell with the poor quality of this work monitor... I'm assuming the background image is of the re-merging of Abeir and Toril?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

lordsknight185
Seeker

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  03:35:17  Show Profile Send lordsknight185 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I really like this image.

And, since I can't really tell with the poor quality of this work monitor... I'm assuming the background image is of the re-merging of Abeir and Toril?

technically it is an un-merging? but yes.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  15:14:49  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool image. I especially like the guy with spikes at the left hand side.
Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  16:51:58  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Those spikes are actually part of his shield, you can see it better on the Godborn cover.

Ah. Sorta reminds me of <this guy>.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Emma Drake
Learned Scribe

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  17:30:58  Show Profile  Visit Emma Drake's Homepage Send Emma Drake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

Vasen, Faridah, ??,??, Drizzt, ???, Elminster, ???, Mailk?, RLB Protagonist, Troy Dennings Paladin.

Malik is not in the picture.

Go to Top of Page

lordsknight185
Seeker

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2013 :  14:20:57  Show Profile Send lordsknight185 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah. Sorta reminds me of <this guy>.

I wasn't even thinking of Wreck-Gar, until now when I cannot stop thinking of him.

(P.S. Bah weep granah weep ninni bong)
Go to Top of Page

lordsknight185
Seeker

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2013 :  14:37:43  Show Profile Send lordsknight185 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

Vasen, Faridah, Guy1, Guy2, Drizzt, Isteval , Elminster, Guy3, Girl1, RLB Protagonist, Troy Dennings Paladin.

I have not seen Guy1 anywhere

Guy2 and Guy3 are on the cover of "Murder in Baldur's Gate"

Girl1 in the purple robes is unknown but on the group poster from gencon last year.
Go to Top of Page

doe
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2019 :  16:59:08  Show Profile Send doe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1.vasen cale
2.farideh
3.hengar aesnvaard?
4.adrian abdel
5.drizzt do'urden
6.isteval
7.elminster aumar
8.coran
9.catti-brie
10.anton marivaldi
11.keef kenric

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hnZL5gu1l5U/UgJ6gp2XnZI/AAAAAAAAA98/2mhUBIGuOtk/s1600/Full-Sundering-Image---Tyler-Jacobson.jpg

Edited by - doe on 18 Apr 2019 20:47:11
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2019 :  18:19:41  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

The guy in the middle looks like a lawyer.

Rules Lawyer is an epic-level class. Don't mess with them.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000