Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Fourth Excerpt from The Godborn - Vasen Cale
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2013 :  14:51:12  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The fourth monthly excerpt from The Godborn is up, this featuring Erevis' son, Vasen.

http://paulskemp.com/blog/fourth-excerpt-from-the-godborn-vasen-cale/

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2013 :  16:26:13  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Thanks, Paul. It was interesting. The Oracle’s cryptic words seem to sum up what will happen during the Sundering.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2013 :  19:18:14  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still trying to not spol myself with these excerpts. I can't wait for The Godborn to finally be released.

I read the Hammer and the Blade yesterday and it was another great book. The interactions between Egil and Nix are great though some of them were getting a bit on the repetitive side. Still, I hope there will be mor Egil and Nix stories, they're simply great.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2013 :  03:39:03  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2013 :  14:51:19  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Orcales words were very intriguing. Looking forward to this book.
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2013 :  19:18:14  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

I want to read this book more than any in the last few years. If there is a hell, it's a place where great novels end on cliffhangers, and the story takes years to be resolved.

When I first heard about the Sundering, I thought that a book every 2 months would be incredible. Now that I've read about each book and gotten excited, that 2 months between each one will be an eternity.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2013 :  11:15:58  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilianviaten

quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

I want to read this book more than any in the last few years. If there is a hell, it's a place where great novels end on cliffhangers, and the story takes years to be resolved.

When I first heard about the Sundering, I thought that a book every 2 months would be incredible. Now that I've read about each book and gotten excited, that 2 months between each one will be an eternity.

Agreed.
Unfortunately there is not much we can do about it except be patient.
Go to Top of Page

Tamsar
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
141 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2013 :  22:32:23  Show Profile Send Tamsar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just like a a Nigel Tufnel amplifier, my anticipation for this novel goes to 11!!

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2013 :  02:05:05  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Each one of the teasers is killing me, and I am eating them up!
I cannot wait for this book to come out. I am new to Cale's stories, so I have not had as long as some others have had to wait, but it is still almost too much. :D
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2013 :  08:40:46  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a great snippet Paul. Only a few months now!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2013 :  13:58:14  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Hi, Paul! It’s August. Perhaps we could have another excellent excerpt?

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000