Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 What was your favorite Realms-Shaking Event?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1423 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2013 :  01:38:09  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Most of those weren't realm shaking events. I believe only two were, ToT and Spellplague. For other RSEs I'd count the upcoming Sundering, the Tearfall, , Dendar swallowing the Sun to end the Blue Age, and the Return of Shade/Netheril.
Go to Top of Page

Ilmarinnen
Seeker

Ukraine
29 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2013 :  08:59:31  Show Profile Send Ilmarinnen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, then Spellplague.
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3749 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2013 :  02:59:42  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd have to go with either ToT, or the WotSQ/LP events. My disgust with the end result of the LP trilogy notwithstanding, it DID impact an entire race (which is apparently rather widespread and numerous), it changed Toril on a very concrete and also metaphysical level (ripping the Demonweb Pits out of the Abyss, anyone?) And killed several gods and a whole bunch of mortals to boot. It also destroyed at least two cities and caused riots and sieges in others, Civil War, and a host of other problems.

The ToT has been discussed elsewhere, so I'll just say this about it- I came to the realms around the time it was written, so it was part of my original Realms experience, and I loved some of the smaller details that came out of it (the wonky magic of the Harpells, who were already doing some questionable stuff, for one.) and I liked SOME of the gods that were created out of it, and was not upset to see certain others go.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  23:32:31  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Time of Troubles was by far the best for me!

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2020 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000