Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Latest news about the gods?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2013 :  21:53:39  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I haven't been able to keep up very much, from the new 4e spellscared FE very well, due to mostly having a small wallet. Where do the gods stand right now on who is attacking who, who is scheming and the standing of mystra or the knowledge of what may come along for the eventual 5e adjustment to the realms.

daarkknight
Seeker

USA
66 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  00:17:50  Show Profile Send daarkknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From a 4E standpoint, I don't know.

It's been hinted at (with the hints growing stronger with each ensuing book) in the Elminster series that Mystra is coming back.

In what was said at GenCon last year, when 5E begins, it sounds like all the gods will be back that were around at the end of 3E. What this means, what this entails, and how it all works is the great unknown as of now.

"That's it!"
Quote attributed to Talor Stormhammer, paladin of Helm, when fighting a frost giant.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  03:27:02  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As of 4e, Mask, Mystra, Deneir, Vhaeraun and Eilistraee (who actually died prior to the Spellplague), Helm, Tyr (Torm "took in" some of their power and became the Threefold God), are dead--I might be missing a few. Or at least, they are supposedly dead. Some deities, such as Hanali and Sune, were revealed to be aspects of each other. As Daarknight said, there have been hints that either some or all of the gods will be coming back.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  03:48:49  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And at the risk of sounding clichee- thank GODS!! JK.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000