Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 City of Eshpurta
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

doorknob
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2004 :  21:26:35  Show Profile  Visit doorknob's Homepage Send doorknob a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings.

i have the Interactive Atlas for the Forgotten Realms and i am going to be running a Campaign based out of Eshpurta. Finally able to use a city map already provided for me instead of making one up, i look at it and see some places labeled. unfortunatly i do not know what they are.

The one that i have a pretty good idea is the Towers of willful Suffering. Obviously this is the quiet templt to Illmater.

But what about the following:

The Towers of the Vengeful Hand
The Roots of the Earth
The Knights Detente
The House of the Iron Rose
Three Roldons
The Hamstrung Giant
The Golden Fortress

I have no problem just making them what i want something that would make sense, but i am interested if there is some prior information that I can not find that would spell out what they should be.

Thanks for you help in advance.

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2004 :  22:06:18  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that you are in the wrong section of the Forums here, my good... man?

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2004 :  00:50:20  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I do believe so myself. This should be in the Running the Realms folder.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2004 :  01:05:45  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But, heck! We could allways de-generate it to a Spam-topic!

Oooorrr.... get it moved?

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2004 :  01:36:01  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shadowlord gives Forgotten One a stern look. "Or we could get it moved."

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2004 :  05:36:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by doorknob

Greetings.

i have the Interactive Atlas for the Forgotten Realms and i am going to be running a Campaign based out of Eshpurta. Finally able to use a city map already provided for me instead of making one up, i look at it and see some places labeled. unfortunatly i do not know what they are.

The one that i have a pretty good idea is the Towers of willful Suffering. Obviously this is the quiet templt to Illmater.

But what about the following:

The Towers of the Vengeful Hand
The Roots of the Earth
The Knights Detente
The House of the Iron Rose
Three Roldons
The Hamstrung Giant
The Golden Fortress

I have no problem just making them what i want something that would make sense, but i am interested if there is some prior information that I can not find that would spell out what they should be.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Here's what I have -

- Towers of Willful Suffering, a subdued abbey and temple dedicated to Ilmater
- The Towers of the Vengeful Hand, a temple to Tempus
- The Roots of the Earth, is a tavern, but also a very unorthodox shrine to Grumbar
- The Knights Detente, a rowdy inn/festhall...for soldiers only
- The House of the Iron Rose, is a boarding house which caters to military officers and 'rich' adventurers
- Three Roldons, a lavish tavern which is well known for it's discretion
- The Hamstrung Giant, an inn/tavern with a warm friendly atmosphere
- The Golden Fortress, acts as the main garrison hold for the Amnian's Council Army in eastern Tethyr

I hope that helps...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2004 :  08:36:14  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or we could let the Sage Save the Day!

Go to Top of Page

doorknob
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2004 :  15:47:12  Show Profile  Visit doorknob's Homepage Send doorknob a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage thanks a bunch that helps alot. I of course have another question. Where might I find such information?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  08:23:51  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 2e FR tome Lands of Intrigue. You can download this tome, and a large number of other 2e FR sourcebooks (for free) from the WotC Dungeons & Dragons Downloads site.

Enjoy...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000