Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Kickstarter projects of interest to Realms fans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2013 :  03:55:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds interesting. I will likely support it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2013 :  05:50:40  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool. I can see myself supporting this one as well.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
6097 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2013 :  15:02:23  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After going to support the dwarven forge one (I need to form up another game group sometime in the near future, what with all the minis from reaper and now these dungeon tiles), I saw this one for sails of glory advertised

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1402889231/sails-of-glory-miniatures-ship-combat?ref=live

Basically, you get a bunch of ship models that I figured people might enjoy for use in a pirate campaign or something. I can even possibly see people combining that games rules into a naval game based in the realms where cannons are more common.

This idea also brought up the idea that I'd love to see someone make simple flat printouts of D&D class ships that you can use minis with. Maybe someone knows of such already. Anyway, just figured I'd share the find in case anyone's interested.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2130 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2013 :  15:08:23  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I find this kickstarter quite intriguing. It seems as though it is a mix and match stock art (created by the creator) to create portraits of you characters. The nice thing is, I think it would work well for games like Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights as well (two games that I spent way too much time trying to find the right portrait for my character on).

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
6097 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  00:00:25  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I backed the Larry Elmore kickstarter, and just got an update that apparently he (along with Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman) had developed a campaign world called Sovereign Stone, and there must have been some novels about it. I've never heard much about it, though I do recognize some of the paintings. The update states that a group is going to be developing the game world further along with pathfinder rules. I figured some might find it of interest. They're only looking for $10,000 and they're already at $7,000, so it should get funded. Looks like for $50 you can get a bunch of PDF books, or for more you can get start getting the physical books (eventually some signed versions). BTW, if anyone is familiar with Sovereign Stone (I'm not), feel free to fill in any details.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/571532161/sovereign-stone-pathfinder-edition

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  04:36:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

I backed the Larry Elmore kickstarter, and just got an update that apparently he (along with Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman) had developed a campaign world called Sovereign Stone, and there must have been some novels about it. I've never heard much about it, though I do recognize some of the paintings. The update states that a group is going to be developing the game world further along with pathfinder rules. I figured some might find it of interest. They're only looking for $10,000 and they're already at $7,000, so it should get funded. Looks like for $50 you can get a bunch of PDF books, or for more you can get start getting the physical books (eventually some signed versions). BTW, if anyone is familiar with Sovereign Stone (I'm not), feel free to fill in any details.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/571532161/sovereign-stone-pathfinder-edition

According to his posts on Facebook, it was funded within 8 hours.

I'm interested, but we again have the issue of the print books being pretty pricy.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
6097 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  18:58:43  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

According to his posts on Facebook, it was funded within 8 hours.

I'm interested, but we again have the issue of the print books being pretty pricy.

yeah, given I know nothing of the campaign world, I wouldn't go past $50 if I did get it to just get the PDF's and read them on a tablet. However, since its funded, if the stretch goals get interesting, it could drawn me in.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2013 :  19:53:01  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I read and enjoyed the Sovereign Stone trilogy (and it was nice to finally meet Shademahr, considering how much I like the painting Shademahr Encounters Baakish Va), so I am interested in this KS.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2013 :  13:15:25  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So someone bought the movie rights to one of Jack Chick's "publications" and is doing a Kickstarter on it: RPGs are Evil - Dark Dungeons: The Movie!

quote:
If you're not familiar with Dark Dungeons you can read it in its entirety here;

DARK DUNGEONS: THE COMIC

But all you really need to know is that it sets out to show what Jack Chick knows to be the truth behind role-playing. It shows that;

*Playing RPGs can make you gain real life magic abilities

*If you gain a high enough level you will be invited to join a secret cult

* Gamers whose characters die are in danger of committing suicide.

* That DM's are vile temptresses that are out to corrupt their players to the forces of evil.

Given all those startling claims it's amazing that the crusade against RPG's has not been more successful! In fact, the last movie to crusade against D&D was Tom Hank's 1982 classic, "Mazes and Monsters."

We are going change all that. I'm already investing all of my lottery winnings in this project but it's just not enough to get it filmed and that's where you come in.

If the idea of seeing a movie where all the anti-RPG arguments above are made with every last drop of drama and conviction I can wring out them appeals to you, then I want you to invest today and make this movie a reality.

Please check out the video above to see what we are capable of and remember that you are only charged if we meet our funding goal. If the project does not receive it's complete funding you are charged ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

He mentions a love of Stephen Colbert, so I'm guessing that's the style he's going to shoot for: acting very serious while making ridiculous claims, but doing so in a manner that shows how ridiculous they are.

Go to Top of Page

Patrakis
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2013 :  12:56:46  Show Profile Send Patrakis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Game tiles de dwarves forge reached 1 million last night. Just thought I'd update

Pat

Dancing is like standing still, but faster.
My site: http://www.patoumonde.com
Go to Top of Page

patoumonde
Acolyte

Canada
3 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2013 :  03:11:59  Show Profile  Visit patoumonde's Homepage Send patoumonde a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Final verdict on the Dwarven forge kickstarter was 1.9 million in pledges with an initial objective of 50 thousand. I hope some of you could could get involved.It was fun to follow.

Pat
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2013 :  23:44:57  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My husband got into it. We were watching the Dwarven Forge and had hoped it would have reached 2mill. We cannot wait for the box to get here in the fall-ish.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2130 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2013 :  18:38:13  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dwarven Miner: The Fantasy Themed Crafting Game - Yet another fantasy-themed board game I wish I could afford to KickStart. Maybe some of you can!

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2013 :  05:46:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found another Kickstarter to support...

Giant 2 Inch Soft Foam Polyhedral Dice

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 07 Jun 2013 05:48:15
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
6097 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  23:28:47  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one definitely caught my interest. Its made by the makers of midgard (makers of kobold quarterly). I personally have only seen two issues of this magazine, but I thought they were interesting. This is for a massive collection of spells and development of 12 new "schools of magic". Its called the deep magic kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350683997/deep-magic-a-tome-of-new-spells-for-pathfinder-rpg

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
6097 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2013 :  23:39:25  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, and just having watched the video, at least a small portion of it will be from Ed.... a section on battle magic of Valkyries and Shield Maidens... so it will probably have something to do with enhancing armor while scantily clad :-) (or at least if they reach the stretch goal, but considering its only been open today and they've already blown past the first stretch goal.... don't think it will be a problem).

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2013 :  22:39:02  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Deep Magic kickstarter rose fast. Ed being a part of it was a sure thing a few stretch goals ago. Now we're a few hundred away from Ed writing another selection of spells, this time dealing with luck and gambling magic. Update #4 is a brief blurb by Ed on the intent or flavor of this soon-to-be-achieved luck/gambling section.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350683997/deep-magic-a-tome-of-new-spells-for-pathfinder-rpg/posts/507948?ref=activity

The other contributors are also experienced designers and writers, including:
Tim Connors with Dimension-Warping Magic
Jason Bulmahn (Paizo, Minotaur Press) with Labyrinth Magic
Stephen Radney-McFarland (Paizo) with Mythic spells, adding to the ones in Paizo’s upcoming Mythic Adventures
Amber E. Scott with Tomb Magic
Richard Pett with fool’s summoning

*Edit: And Ed's luck and gambling magic goal has been reached.

Edited by - Dark Wizard on 12 Jun 2013 23:52:22
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2013 :  05:30:22  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

The Deep Magic kickstarter rose fast. Ed being a part of it was a sure thing a few stretch goals ago. Now we're a few hundred away from Ed writing another selection of spells, this time dealing with luck and gambling magic. Update #4 is a brief blurb by Ed on the intent or flavor of this soon-to-be-achieved luck/gambling section.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350683997/deep-magic-a-tome-of-new-spells-for-pathfinder-rpg/posts/507948?ref=activity

The other contributors are also experienced designers and writers, including:
Tim Connors with Dimension-Warping Magic
Jason Bulmahn (Paizo, Minotaur Press) with Labyrinth Magic
Stephen Radney-McFarland (Paizo) with Mythic spells, adding to the ones in Paizo’s upcoming Mythic Adventures
Amber E. Scott with Tomb Magic
Richard Pett with fool’s summoning

*Edit: And Ed's luck and gambling magic goal has been reached.

I decided to get in on that one. It's still got a lot of time left, but it's already blown past a number of stretch goals. Call me impressed.

Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2013 :  17:13:17  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some Castles and Crusades loveliness for you to all enjoy

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/676918054/castles-and-crusades-return-to-the-haunted-highlan

A complete re-do of the Haunted Highlands setting with the first 8 modules included and a players books as well with classes etc.

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005

Edited by - crazedventurers on 23 Jun 2013 17:13:59
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2013 :  06:04:38  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sasquatch Game Studio (founded by Rich Baker, David Noonan, and Stephen Schubert) has launched a kickstarter for their campaign setting Primeval Thule.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/809579963/primeval-thule

The setting is inspired by the sword and sorcery adventures of the pulps. Supported systems include 13th Age, Pathfinder, and D&D 4E. The vibe seems like brutal and decadent sword-swinging action tinged by sinister sorcery in the lands of a bygone era.

Cover art will be provided by Todd Lockwood. Maps will be created by lead cartographer Christopher West. Contributors new and old will lend a hand depending on there this lands at closing, including potentially Ed Greenwood.

How in the eleven hells does Ed manage to be a part of every just about upcoming game project?

Dreamscarred Press is running a kickstarter for psionic miniatures, figures based on the artwork of their Ultimate Psionics book, which adapts, updates, and expands the 3.5E OGL psionics rules for the Pathfinder system.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/197021008/psionic-miniatures

The figures are a mix of monsters and the psionic classes iconic characters (some being psionic races). They're up to 16 different minis, the four core psionic classes, 10 stretch goals and 2 backer sponsored sculpts (one character and one monster). They're currently reaching for the 17th mini, the Intellect Devourer with 4 days left.

Kobold Press's Deep Magic project has blown past dozens of stretch goals. It's now far more than just a collection of prior Kobold Press spells. This thing is so packed with spell lore, it's going to have to go extradimensional just to store it all.

Kidding aside, it has expanded enough to spawned another book, the Kobold Guide to Magic.

And it's still growing. The upcoming stretch goal includes a short story by Ed and ten cantrips by Wolfgang Baur. If reached, this would make the third Ed stretch goal of this project.

The stretch goal beyond that includes more art, including possible pieces by Todd Lockwood, Wayne Reynolds, William O'Connor, Craig Spearing, or Brom (schedules permitting).

Edited by - Dark Wizard on 03 Jul 2013 06:05:54
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
14399 Posts

Posted - 03 Jul 2013 :  13:38:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

How in the eleven hells does Ed manage to be a part of every just about upcoming game project?
Cloning?

But seriously, I think the man just doesn't have it in him to say "no" to anyone. He really needs a long vacation from all of this - I feel like we fans are literally 'sucking the life out of him'.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2013 :  05:35:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

This one definitely caught my interest. Its made by the makers of midgard (makers of kobold quarterly). I personally have only seen two issues of this magazine, but I thought they were interesting. This is for a massive collection of spells and development of 12 new "schools of magic". Its called the deep magic kickstarter.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350683997/deep-magic-a-tome-of-new-spells-for-pathfinder-rpg

This Kickstarter is down to its last two days... Check it out; they've got a ton of talent involved in this one, including our own Ed Greenwood!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 09 Jul 2013 05:38:05
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
6097 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2013 :  13:58:26  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

This Kickstarter is down to its last two days... Check it out; they've got a ton of talent involved in this one, including our own Ed Greenwood!

a ton of add-ons too. This will likely be a very good spell compendium.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

KacyCrawford
Seeker

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2013 :  16:57:18  Show Profile Send KacyCrawford a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for sharing
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2013 :  03:45:23  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I'd forgotten about this one, until I just read this reminder.

Consider it backed!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000