Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Kickstarter projects of interest to Realms fans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1232 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2015 :  03:40:01  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

I'm with ya, Wooly... very cool, but too pricey for me. But I might hide a few bucks from myself here and there, and get one of the dice boxes.

Thanks for the info Delwa. I was actually wondering about the quality and the magnets. Good to know. Which wood(s) did you get?

My wife got the Birdseye Maple, Open box style and I got the Mahogany with honeycomb design. Both are nice, solid boxes and to my untrained eye look to be cut from a single piece of wood. No seams that I can tell between the honeycomb and the sides of the box. I've carried mine in my messenger bag to and from work, and it has held up with no issues. The magnets are strong enough that I actually have to try to open the box. I can hold it and shake it fairly rigorously and the lid won't budge.
The only "negative" thing I'll say is that the honeycomb design barely fits the dice I got to go with it. Everything but the d20 can just drop in, but the d20 has to be put in just so or the lid won't close. The open style box my wife got has a foam honeycomb that lifts out, so she doesn't have that problem at all.

- Delwa Aunglor of Tangled Trees
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus

My Forging the Realms Archives (Google Drive pdfs)
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1808 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2015 :  08:23:34  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahh, I was leaning toward the honeycomb, but it sounds like maybe open+foam is a better bet. Very cool either way. Thanks for the info! And nice wood choices!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  17:51:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Hey, look! Another Kickstarter for Larry Elmore artwork! The Complete Elmore Volume II: Black & White

quote:
The Long-Awaited Sister Book is Here!

My first Kickstarter, the Complete Elmore full-color art book, was a huge success! I am very happy with how that book turned out, and have heard from many very happy backers about its quality. Now, I want to make available, through this project, the sister book to that one.

I have found more than 600 drawings Id like to include in this book, from rough sketches to finished drawings. Some are pencil, some are ink, and some are a combination. These span my full 40 year career, from my TSR days through last week! Some are sketches and drawings used as the basis for some of my more famous paintings, but many you've probably never seen before.

This book, being the sister book to that first one, will be the same 9" x 12" size and encompass 256 pages. Depending on your pledge amount, you can own this book as a standard coffee-table hardback edition, or a deluxe leather-bound limited edition; as well as other bonuses, such as special prints, a Complete Elmore slipcase for both books, or even the original drawing used for the cover itself.

The Kickstarter has more than a month to go... But it's already funded.

I'd love to get the hardback and the slipcase for both books... But damn, I can't justify spending $50 on a fancy box.

I got this book and the prints the other day... Sadly, I've been too busy, the last few days, to take the time to actually look at the book.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  17:55:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm supporting a couple of new Kickstarters this week... One is the Exploding Kittens one that has, pardon the pun, blown up so spectacularly. No link on that one; it doesn't fit the rules of this discussion.

AKO Dice, though... I'm a bit of a dice geek, like many gamers, and this is going to be the fifth dice based Kickstarter for me. These dice are pretty freaking nifty looking.

quote:
The use of dice has been recorded to ancient times. The oldest known dice were excavated as part of a 5000-year-old backgammon set at the Burnt City, an archaeological site in south-eastern Iran. Dice collecting began with the popularity of the Dungeon & Dragons series of board/role playing games. Since it's inception, players have grown attached to and have collected a wide variety of dice. This started a trend in unique dice designs incorporating various aspects of the gaming world and tapping into themes such as space, fantasy, and more.

For the newest design, I have taken the traditional dice and turned it on it's head. I am using a simple idea, yet complex design concept. The new design is inspired by new age concepts, and has a sleek, space-age, cutting-edge technology style. AKO DICE takes the traditional dice design and improves upon it for a trendy, one of a kind design perfect for all gamers as well as collectors.

So I have those AKO dice, and they are pretty nifty... I even sprung the extra few bucks for a glow-in-the-dark pair that sits on my desk at work.

And they're back with another Kickstarter. As nifty as the AKO dice were, I think these will have greater appeal:

AKO DICE II

quote:
AKO DICE II are a brand-new series of completely redesigned custom metal dice that will enhance your game play once again. Our new set of dice features a cool, sleek design with a completely resigned configuration of pips to give it a new look. The new AKO DICE II design changes the way dice roll, are nearly perfect balanced, and allow an almost completely equal chance on every roll, and no favored sides! With an extra rounded corner to compliment the flat die faces, this die allows a great roll, and a guaranteed stop when used in game play. We did lot of testing and have found that the dice roll great on both hard and soft surfaces, allowing you to take your gaming experience almost anywhere!

They're basically spherical D6s with flat faces and rearranged pips. Thinks I they look pretty nifty.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 24 Nov 2015 17:56:30
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1808 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  22:20:35  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Those look awesome. Too bad it's only d6s. I'm a fan of every other kind of dice.

But they're tempting. I don't have any metal dice, and I want some.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  23:09:08  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

Those look awesome. Too bad it's only d6s. I'm a fan of every other kind of dice.

But they're tempting. I don't have any metal dice, and I want some.

Pretty sure Q-Workshop or Chessex have some metal polyhedrals.

I was in a Kickstarter for a nice set of metal polyhedrals, but I decided I couldn't justify the cost and cancelled the pledge. And I did a prior Kickstarter for metal polyhedrals, but I'm afraid to use them -- they are full-on geometrics, without rounded corners, and I'm afraid they'll either gouge up the table or gouge any other dice in close proximity. The points are freaking sharp -- you step on that D4, you're not just going to be cursing, you're going to be leaving bloody footprints as you head into the Emergency Room.

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1808 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2015 :  23:21:52  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

they are full-on geometrics, without rounded corners.

Epic fail! Bummer.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2016 :  16:46:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just sold those pointy metal polyhedrals for $40. I was happy to be rid of dice I couldn't use, and the buyer was happy to have some metal polyhedrals.

I also recently discovered that you can get customized Crown Royal backs direct from Crown Royal. I've seen a meme on Facebook that shows a Crown Royal bottle and says "Sells velvety dice bags -- free whiskey with every purchase." I'm not much of a drinker, so being able to get just the bag -- and do it for a reasonable price -- is a nice option.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2016 :  16:51:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So the fantasy coin people are back...

Fantasy Coin: Dragons, Orcs, and Dwarves

quote:
We are back with 10 new coin sets by popular demand, all delivered before March! This year, we keep it simple to keep it fast!

Noteworthy Changes

1. Improved production time.

2. USA packed and inspected.

3. For every 5 sets, get 1 x 10 Pack of random Fantasy Coins.

4. Complete Sets designed by Backers! (voting every week)

5. Watch our progress "live" through weekly production reports.

6. This project will use a 3rd party Pledge Manager.

About Our Sets

30 coins per set unless stated otherwise. A Mixed Set has 10 Gold, 10 Silver, and 10 Copper of the named theme. A Single Type Set such as a Gold Set has 30 of the same coin style and color. Denominated coins of the same color will have an even mix of values.

Our coins are hand brushed to achieve the antique look you see. Slight variation in wear will occur among the same coin as you would see in real aged coins.

I got several of the sets they did in the last go, including the Waterdeep-esque "Water Helm" set, and they are some nice, heavy coins.

I'm doing this one, and in particular, I'm liking the Draco and Moon Elf sets. The Ancestral Dwarven set is nifty, too, but I liked the Dwarf set from last year's KS a lot more.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 03 Jun 2016 :  16:54:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FYI, here's the URL from last year's Kickstarter, offered just to give folks an idea of the kind of work these guys do:

Fantasy Coins and Bars

I got like 4 sets of those, and some of the bars.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 03 Jun 2016 16:57:47
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2016 :  19:33:31  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So the previous fantasy coins Kickstarter failed; 50K was apparently a bit too ambitious.

So they're trying again. And with more than 30 days to go, they're already in sight of their more modest goal.

Fantasy Coin: Legacy Gaming Coins

I supported their first Kickstarter, and the coins are awesome -- I've actually got one on my desk at work (along with half of a toy store) and another of the coins in my pocket. I'd tried, a couple of times previously, to find decent fantasy coins, but the ones these guys do are quite pretty.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
6097 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2016 :  20:20:20  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So the previous fantasy coins Kickstarter failed; 50K was apparently a bit too ambitious.

So they're trying again. And with more than 30 days to go, they're already in sight of their more modest goal.

Fantasy Coin: Legacy Gaming Coins

I supported their first Kickstarter, and the coins are awesome -- I've actually got one on my desk at work (along with half of a toy store) and another of the coins in my pocket. I'd tried, a couple of times previously, to find decent fantasy coins, but the ones these guys do are quite pretty.

darn, I recently bought a bunch of coins from them, hoping to make something to display on the wall like a coin collections. The trade bars they made are also very pretty.

Hmmm, I like that moon elf coin set though, and the water helm set, and the orc set is nice too... could probably buy the splendid set for the gem collection too.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 01 Aug 2016 20:56:37
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2016 :  13:22:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't play 5E, but this one looks promising:

Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde! New 5E Monsters!

quote:
Add depth to your 5th Edition monsters with cultural details, combat tactics, a huge variety of new stat blocks, and much more!

UNLEASH THE HORDE! Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde is not another A-Z of monsters. Instead, we have focused on some of the commonly encountered monstrous races like goblins, gnolls, and orcs, detailing their cultures, environments, and attitudes, as well as introducing a wide variety of stat blocks to suit a range of challenge levels, each with their own unique artwork.

Only 6 days left on this one. I'm considering supporting it, myself, though this is already a pricy week for Kickstarter for me.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2016 :  15:54:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I don't play 5E, but this one looks promising:

Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde! New 5E Monsters!

quote:
Add depth to your 5th Edition monsters with cultural details, combat tactics, a huge variety of new stat blocks, and much more!

UNLEASH THE HORDE! Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde is not another A-Z of monsters. Instead, we have focused on some of the commonly encountered monstrous races like goblins, gnolls, and orcs, detailing their cultures, environments, and attitudes, as well as introducing a wide variety of stat blocks to suit a range of challenge levels, each with their own unique artwork.

Only 6 days left on this one. I'm considering supporting it, myself, though this is already a pricy week for Kickstarter for me.

So I was originally going to support this Kickstarter, even though it was for 5E... But then they said they were going to do a new one, as soon as the first ended, for Pathfinder. So I decided to hold off and support that one, instead. Here's it's link. It's the same as the 5E one, with the same stretch goals and all, only it's for Pathfinder, instead.

Ultimate Bestiary: Revenge of the Horde for Pathfinder!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31690 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2016 :  14:11:51  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oooo! I backed the 5e version... but now I'm thinking the PATHFINDER option might also be worth a look as well.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2016 :  14:57:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Oooo! I backed the 5e version... but now I'm thinking the PATHFINDER option might also be worth a look as well.

I'm kinda surprised the way they did that; I've seen other Kickstarters that did multiple rulesets in one go, and you pledged for whichever version you wanted, with the option for other versions in the add-ons.

It looks like the bulk of this one is rules-neutral, though, which is part of the appear for me.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2016 :  03:46:04  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two more Kickstarters of interest...

Scroll and Codex: Dice Tower and Rolling Tray

quote:
A bespoke, leather-bound scroll case that transforms into a dice tower with a scroll that unrolls into a rolling tray

These are so pretty! And so out of my price range!

And this one, which is not out of my price range:

Demon Cults & Secret Societies: 5th Edition & Pathfinder RPG

quote:
Cults and secret societies rife with true villainy, fiendish plots, blackhearted new magic, detailed cultists, and high priests!

quote:
The first five parts of the Demon Cults series were commissioned to support the Southlands Kickstarter, and they are quite amazing.

However, people asked if we could expand them, to provide more sample cultists at various CRs, plus more new monsters and special cult-specific magic to give each cult or secret society unique tools that PCs have never seen before. Those expansions make an already playable set of villains into something even richer and more exciting.

Several of the original cults were specifically created for the Southlands and work best within tropical or subtropical cultures. We wanted to keep those in this volume. (Some of them, like the pseudo-Egyptian Emerald Order of Thoth-Hermes, work pretty much in any European context as well, if you know your History of Magick.)

However, we also wanted to add all-new cults based on Nordic themes and on a debauched underworld, and other wellsprings of vileness. This book will include runic cults, new demons, and various ways to sow bloody ruin in a traditional fantasy campaign well beyond the Southlands: in colder climates, rat-infested cities, and other locales.

This book is over 120 pages, roughly 12 pages per cult, and in full color. The cults hail from both the North and South, and they are designed to fit easily into most fantasy settings without rework (though a few are more Midgardian than others).

If the project is well-funded, we hope to offer you even more art and additional cults, created a rich cornucopia of malevolent mayhem!

I backed the Southlands Kickstarter; it's one of the few Kickstarters where I upped my initial pledge more than once. And I thought it was well worth. Now Kobold Press is back with more goodies, so I'm in!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 04 Oct 2016 03:46:36
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Great Reader

USA
6097 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2016 :  15:30:03  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Two more Kickstarters of interest...

Scroll and Codex: Dice Tower and Rolling Tray

quote:
A bespoke, leather-bound scroll case that transforms into a dice tower with a scroll that unrolls into a rolling tray

These are so pretty! And so out of my price range!

And this one, which is not out of my price range:

Demon Cults & Secret Societies: 5th Edition & Pathfinder RPG

quote:
Cults and secret societies rife with true villainy, fiendish plots, blackhearted new magic, detailed cultists, and high priests!

quote:
The first five parts of the Demon Cults series were commissioned to support the Southlands Kickstarter, and they are quite amazing.

However, people asked if we could expand them, to provide more sample cultists at various CRs, plus more new monsters and special cult-specific magic to give each cult or secret society unique tools that PCs have never seen before. Those expansions make an already playable set of villains into something even richer and more exciting.

Several of the original cults were specifically created for the Southlands and work best within tropical or subtropical cultures. We wanted to keep those in this volume. (Some of them, like the pseudo-Egyptian Emerald Order of Thoth-Hermes, work pretty much in any European context as well, if you know your History of Magick.)

However, we also wanted to add all-new cults based on Nordic themes and on a debauched underworld, and other wellsprings of vileness. This book will include runic cults, new demons, and various ways to sow bloody ruin in a traditional fantasy campaign well beyond the Southlands: in colder climates, rat-infested cities, and other locales.

This book is over 120 pages, roughly 12 pages per cult, and in full color. The cults hail from both the North and South, and they are designed to fit easily into most fantasy settings without rework (though a few are more Midgardian than others).

If the project is well-funded, we hope to offer you even more art and additional cults, created a rich cornucopia of malevolent mayhem!

I backed the Southlands Kickstarter; it's one of the few Kickstarters where I upped my initial pledge more than once. And I thought it was well worth. Now Kobold Press is back with more goodies, so I'm in!

thanks for the kobold press heads up. On the dice roller... damn, that's pretty... I wish I could afford it and had someplace to truly display it.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2016 :  10:11:32  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So this one was perhaps inevitable, given the success of the show Stranger Things...

The Demogorgon 8" Collectible Figure Statue

quote:
The Demogorgon figure stands approximately 8 inches tall, and is solid cast resin. Fully painted, assembled & ready to display!

We, like many others, fell in love with this figure. The Demogorgon reminded us of our childhood. Being adult collectors, we wanted to create a statue that we would be proud to display in our home or office.

Recreating this figure in 3D at a larger scale required us to enhance the design and add more details and texture to the sculpt.

Cast in solid resin enabled us to capture every detail of the original 3D render. We redesigned the base not only for aesthetics but also to enhance the footprint and give it a good weight and feel for the statue.

Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Learned Scribe

USA
329 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2017 :  10:15:45  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Demogorgon KS is cancelled it seems. Copyright infringement lawsuit from the current IP holder (Mirliton in Italy).
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  07:03:27  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Kobolds are at it again, this time with an update of the Midgard Campaign Setting at its five year anniversary. The existing version was produced pre-Kickstarter (or at least before KP started using Kickstarter), now with the firmly establish base from multiple prior projects, the production values of this should be through the warren roof. It is aimed at both Pathfinder and 5E.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/350683997/midgard-campaign-setting-dark-roads-and-deep-magic

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2017 :  09:40:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And it's already well past its initial funding goals, with nearly a month left.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 26 Jan 2017 09:41:27
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2017 :  15:24:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Dragon Tray

quote:
Crafted by the insane Lumberjack Vikings at Dog Might Games, the Dragon Tray is the most jaw dropping dice rolling surface known to man. These amazing works of art are the culmination of years of artistic study combined with technical expertise and fine craftsmanship. Every Dragon Tray is created from hand selected hardwoods and comes with a Lifetime Guarantee.

Not all of these work for me... But the Castle one is so, so pretty! Unfortunately, these are out of my price range, and that's even assuming I used a dice tray. I barely use the leather dice cup I paid like $15 for at GenCon a couple years back.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 31 Jan 2017 15:27:41
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
30340 Posts

Posted - 31 Jan 2017 :  21:19:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Book of Metal

Description (edited a bit for language):

quote:
What would you expect to find in a D&D book that was completely themed around Heavy Metal?

- The ability to play a viable front-line Bard who raises the dead and literally uses their instrument as a weapon? Check!

- How about the ability to play a rugged gunslinger with dark powers stemming from the Nine Hells themselves? Or a cybernetic killing machine? Or a no-s-given warrior who summons forth valkyries to fight for him? Check, check and check!

- Using your own organs as fuel for your brutal arcane rituals? Check with a face-melting on top.

- Iconic Heavy Metal monsters to battle against? Check!

- A plethora of magic-items, which range from macabre curiosities to world-breaking relics? Mothering check to that!

Now, I'm personally not into heavy metal, and none of these game options appeal to me. But the sheer goofiness of the concept does appeal to me, so I may support it to get the pdf.

Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1632 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2017 :  16:24:04  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage  Send Steven Schend a Yahoo! Message Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not adding any commentary, but this might appeal to a few folks old enough to remember this fervor from 1E days....

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/496783700/satanic-panic

Mod edit: Removed the double URL.

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 28 Feb 2017 18:08:41
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page