Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Cormyr noble last name beginningwith the letter J?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  05:52:59  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello All,

Does anyone know of any Cormyrean noble families whose last name begins with the letter J?

Thanks in advance.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  06:42:39  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This has a long list of Cormyrean noble families. Unfortunately the only J names in that list are both former noble families.

DM of the Realms: A blog for my Forgotten Realms adventures.

Edited by - JohnLynch on 11 Jan 2013 06:53:11
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2013 :  07:07:46  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you John.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2013 :  23:09:36  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know if this helps, but there IS a major merchant house that starts with J. Mentioned as a "trading family" on page 11 of the Cormyr sourcebook are the Jhassalan.

They were included among the following: The Dragoneye Dealing Coster, the Seven Suns Trading Coster, the Six Coffers Trading Coster, Trueshield Trading Priakos, and the trading families of Iravan, Zathchos, Skatterhawk,
Faeri, and Ossper.

The Jhassalan are not mentioned in Volo's Guide to Cormyr as far as I can see.
Then the book gives this description:

The companies dominate Cormyte commerce and their holdings stretch not only through Cormyr but into other lands as well. The companies form the backbone of the Cormyte economy and therefore the practical power of the nobility. Without the cooperation of the merchant houses, the crown is unable to collect taxes. However, the crown's base of rulership is its nobility, and the merchant houses respect this nobility and yield to the crown. Also, the crown's army protects the interests of the merchants.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000