Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Upcoming novel list for 2013?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lordduck
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2013 :  16:37:53  Show Profile Send lordduck a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They need to release what's left of their books in ebook format too. I know some people don't like ebooks, but a lot of people prefer them to hardcovers or paperbacks. These ebooks should boost their sales a bit.

They still need to release all (but one or two) of their anthologies, a couple RA Salvatore novels and a couple random books here and there.
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2013 :  18:59:45  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) If they are set with just having Sundering books come out during this event, then please assure us that the release rate will be brought back to normal levels. Normal being 10-12 books a year.

2) The Realms is a very large place and I am sure we could get some stories in some back woods town or even in the Far East of Kara Tur. But I guess at this point it's a little too late since you can't just write a novel over the course of 3 or 4 months.

3) Erik has a great idea in selling short online stories from the WoTC site. This would be an amazingly brilliant way to fill that void. Shorter stories should make it easier for authors to avoid stepping on the toes of the Sundering story line. But it also provides a great way to provide some great side stories. AND they should be faster to write.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2013 :  19:43:24  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

2) The Realms is a very large place and I am sure we could get some stories in some back woods town or even in the Far East of Kara Tur. But I guess at this point it's a little too late since you can't just write a novel over the course of 3 or 4 months.

They definitely need to expand the settings where the novels are taking place. Zakhara and Kara-Tur would be awesome!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2013 :  20:13:39  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
@Caolin: I wish someone could promise you readers (and all us writers!) that WotC will start publishing a whole bunch of novels after the Sundering. But as I suggested previously, that may well depend on whether or not the Sundering novels sell well.
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2013 :  21:51:46  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

@Caolin: I wish someone could promise you readers (and all us writers!) that WotC will start publishing a whole bunch of novels after the Sundering. But as I suggested previously, that may well depend on whether or not the Sundering novels sell well.

I know and I appreciate the fact that you are participating in the discussion. The squeaky wheel gets the oil right?
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2013 :  03:50:38  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Euranna

quote:

i know most people have probably read some Neil Gaiman, but i never had.

I readd American Gods and Neverwhere. Loved them both, neverwhere being my favorite. Trying to decide which of his to read next. He is easily for me one of the best writers I have read irregardless of genre.

He has a new book coming out soon called The Ocean at the End of the Lane that is supposed to be spooky. He had a children's book just come out last week. [:D}

already preordered his new book on kindle

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page