Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Official WotC maps
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Joebing
Learned Scribe

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2013 :  19:09:07  Show Profile Send Joebing a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay, besides the huge 4-part insert map from Paizo, the map in the 3.0 FRCS, and the map in Silver Marches, did WotC produce any other official maps during 3.0/3.5 that were inserted in books for the Realms? I switched to 3rd late in the game, so most of my Realms books were bought secondhand. I knew the FRCS had a map, so I sought that out. But I just got Silver Marches and it has a pull out map as well. Please tell me I don't have to go searching for the maps for the other books I own.

Now plugging away on mass conversion to 5e, as well as my imprint J. Halk Games.

http://www.facebook.com/JHalkGames

First adventure on DM Guild: Lair of Elaacrimalicros

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2013 :  22:32:13  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Apart from the FRCS map, the only poster map was in Silver Marches. WotC pretty much switched to small 'locale' maps printed within the books or attached to their online content after that. I'm sure Markustay can offer the definitive answer though.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2013 :  23:11:30  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup.

Pretty definitive.

They were producing some rather lovely maps in the regional splats (Shining South and Unapproachable East both come to mind), but they were printed in the book and not a removable poster.

At some point someone thought it was good idea to just leave them out altogether, which is what they did with Serpent Kingdoms (and probably a couple of others). You can get the missing maps online.

I'm torn on that one - I like my maps in the books, but I do like the idea they saved three pages for more lore content, and having them on-file on my computer is a great thing (ALL RPG maps should be available online, for every product, for free, because they generate buzz/interest).

(except the 4e campaign map... that one they should stick in the back of a dark closet somewhere)

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 02 Jan 2013 23:12:45
Go to Top of Page

Joebing
Learned Scribe

USA
202 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2013 :  23:14:40  Show Profile Send Joebing a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Markustay! As always, you know the most about the maps. I prefer yours (they show more sites), but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Now plugging away on mass conversion to 5e, as well as my imprint J. Halk Games.

http://www.facebook.com/JHalkGames

First adventure on DM Guild: Lair of Elaacrimalicros
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000