Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2013)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 37

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2013 :  18:46:02  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Heh. Depends on whether or not it's his/her Shadow Weave said Shade sees (and say THAT three times fast, for extra points). When they say darkly in Westeros that "winter is coming," they've never seen a WEAVEwinter. Bwoohahahahah, and so forth.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2013 :  16:49:20  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Wouldn't the Wailing Years be considered a WEAVEwinter?

(and what started out as a bit of a joke turned into an interesting train of thought for me.)

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Feb 2013 01:24:09
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2013 :  17:22:10  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message
I'd Love to hear more about The Arcanauh. That's such tough-guy name it makes me wonder about him.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  01:12:27  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message
I don't know if you've ever done this before, but I'd love to see full spell descriptions of the Simbul's "Blood Ring" and an expansion of the "Vauntagar" magic from your Everwinking Eye article. In a more general sense, I'd love to see spell descriptions for any and all of the great magics your characters hurl in your stories.

Thanx
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  08:12:30  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
The Masked Mage, Ed sent me a reply to your latest:

I would love to do full spell and magic item descriptions, but right now, with D&D Next in flux/being developed, we're going "edition free."
Which inevitably means crunch-lite.
For instance, all of the poisons I wrote for El's Guide To The Realms had hard game stats, but they got edited out to keep the book "edition-free." (I put them in for the same reason lots of math teachers insist that students "show their work" [i.e. write down the steps to solving a problem, not just the answer]: to show that I'd worked out precise effects for them.)
So, someday, in my * cough * free time * cough cough * I will stat things out...better chase me and remind me, after the D&D Next rules are in full release, okay?

So saith Ed. Who is hard at work on something else secret at the moment.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2013 :  08:42:33  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message
THO, can you say if much attention will given toward linking Toril (and Abeir!) to Spelljammer and Planescape lore? These aspects have traditionally been glossed over in a superficial way, I'm hoping they receive a little bit of consideration and even just a single page of astronomical and planar data, to sort of locate the Realms (and Realmspace) on the "cosmic map".

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  06:28:44  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. Ayrik, I have no idea, and neither does Ed. Neither one of us are Wizards employees or have ever been, and if we were, we probably wouldn't be talking publicly about details of what may or may not be published in the future. Sorry, but that's just the way things are. I would LOVE to know, don't get me wrong (and of course, as the father of the Realms, so would Ed), but right now, my guess is as good as yours.
Ed will hint or tell us outright what he can, when he can - - but that may not be before we can all read about it in published future Realms products.
Sigh.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Khonger
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  15:00:01  Show Profile Send Khonger a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
I am embarking on a new adventure this weekend, gaming with my children. I am very excited, and so are the youngsters. I've worked up a system that, I hope, has the right amount of complexity to engage that part of their brains, and I have a story germ tailored toward their interests. 

I plan on setting the game in the Forgotten Realms in the Kingdom of Cormyr. Inspired by the opening chapters of Swords of Eveningstar, they will begin as young folk, who have long dreamed of adventure and hope to win a Royal Charter.

I'm hoping to glean some wisdom, and I have a few questions:
1. Have you ever ran a game for school-aged children (7-10) set in the Realms?
2. If so, what were your experiences in these games?
3. What sorts of stories have you/would you try to tell?

Any advice or input you, or anyone else in this wonderful community, can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Khong!
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2013 :  20:44:27  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Khonger
I'm hoping to glean some wisdom, and I have a few questions:
1. Have you ever ran a game for school-aged children (7-10) set in the Realms?
2. If so, what were your experiences in these games?
3. What sorts of stories have you/would you try to tell?

Thank you :)

Kids D&D rules here:

http://cubeofquazar.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/homebrew-d-for-kids.html

I would change the dwarf ability from always finds secret doors, to always makes their save (how many secret doors can you put in a game?)

Other parent/kid game reports here

http://jovialpriest.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/rescue-princess.html

http://jovialpriest.blogspot.co.uk/2011/12/kids-d-rescue-king.html

http://jovialpriest.blogspot.co.uk/2012/01/kids-d-rescue-queen.html

http://jovialpriest.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/kids-d-rescue-queen-part-2.html

The Rainbow Lodge module was written by Barratia games specifically for kids, it used to be on a free download on LULU, but the company are no longer publishing? If a web search doesn't find it PM me and I will email it to you

A great thread here on incorportaing fairy tales into D&D
http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=3945 with new classes and traditional fairytale tropes to use

Most of the original 'B' modules are good to go (is B1 still free on dndclassics.com?)

I am sure Ed will pipe up but a few thoughts from me:

Make sure the kids have FUN, FUN and even more FUN.
Make the NPC's fun, with the voices and mannerisms etc.
Let the kids clever/silly/wacky/brilliant ideas work when facing a challenge (so you 'reward' their interaction with the game and then they want to do more) and if they do get stuck then offer them three options i.e they need to get past a giant guard to get into the cave where the princess is, they get stuck so say, "Kids you can do one of the following....."
1: sneak past the sleepy giant very quietly
2: throw your bag of pepper in his face and make him sneeze so much you can run past him
3: wake the giant up, speak to him and offer him gold to let you into the cave

Hope this helps and good luck

Cheers

Damian
ps more here

http://odd74.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=delvingdeeper&action=display&thread=8191

here
http://www.pfoorumi.net/beernbarbarians/fishin.pdf

here
http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=53494

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  05:09:03  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
I bring the latest words of Ed, this time to Khonger:

Hi, Khonger. Yes, I've run D&D for young gamers quite a few times. Everything Damian (crazedventurers) said in his post is spot-on correct.
Susan Morris, who for years was the editor of my Realms novels, is a master of this, and on the Wednesday "Trade Day" before every GenCon gives presentations to teachers, librarians, and parents on running D&D for children.
I find that children love a little mystery, and a little suspense, but vary widely in their taste for violence, andget frustrated by mysteries they won't be able to solve for a long time to come (they need be able to get to solutions quickly, until you subtly "train" them to have more patience and longer attention spans.
Vivid acting and voices works a LOT better than game mechanics or even adhering to the rules at all, and so do lots of little and frequent rewards rather than long slogs through puzzle after trap after monster (or worse, a series of puzzles, or a series of traps). Lots of character interaction is good; monsters who talk to you are inherently more interesting than monsters who don't.
And a good DM with players of any age is listening and watching intently, all the time, to his or her players, to see what engages THEM. It simply doesn't matter how brilliantly an adventure is written or what the rules are, if the results bore them or just don't appeal to their interests.
And intrigue and chances to spy and to talk ALWAYS beat endless hacking at things.
Above all, have fun. If you aren't enjoying it, your players can tell - - fast - - and your lack of enjoyment will prove contagious.
Hope this helps as an accompaniment to Damian's excellent advice.

So saith Ed, who has been a Realms DM to players older than 90, and younger than 6.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 07 Feb 2013 :  06:35:34  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message
Thanx THO, and thanx to Ed.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  06:30:56  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
You're very welcome. (And your request about The Arcanauh has been passed on to Ed.)
Ed has been busy co-creating Realms ideas and future lore "by the bucketload," as he out it, these last few days, but hopes to very soon return to full and colourful lore replies here.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  06:36:21  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Mmmm buckets of lore.
More, more, more!
um... my rhyming hits a door.
And from here on I can only bore.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2013 :  17:19:47  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
Buckets of lore sounds like pure win for Realms fans to me. :)
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2013 :  00:52:24  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Sorry if this has been addressed before, but my search-fu is weak and I am intimidated by the quantity of pages to search through for every mention of the word "camel" on Candlekeep.

What are two-humped camels called, in the Realms? I'm content to have everyone refer to any camel as a camel, regardless of how many humps it has, but it seems that someone somewhere must have a name for them. In this world we call them Bactrian, but the very fact that Bactria is a name associated with a place on Earth makes it (in my mind) necessary that there be a Realmsian name for two-humped camels which does not include the word Bactrian.

If there's another name for dromedaries, that would be cool too! Also, names for what we distinguish as "African" vs "Asiatic" elephants?

I'm sure you've all encountered worse, but I apologize for my oddness.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2013 :  15:35:58  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Sitting here with 32" of snow outside my door... I'm sure Ed knows what thats like (and for once I can't tell him to stop sending it this way - this one came from the south).

So it makes me think - what do the folks of the Realms do when things get this bad? Does a nation like Cormyr have War Wizards clearing snow from 'essential services'? Would a city like Silverymoon (being far North) have permanent things in place to keep snow from accumulating?

I'm just trying to kill time myself - not looking forward to going outside for the dig-out.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 09 Feb 2013 15:36:22
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2013 :  20:23:43  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hello again, all.
Ed is snowed in, too, and sends me this response to Markustay:

Snowbound folk in the Realms mostly just sit such severe weather out, in as secure shelter as they can find (remember, packs of wolves and other predators will get hungry in such conditions, and venture out as soon as they can). That's what all the drying, preserving, cutting firewood, et al is for. Folk in Cormyr and other heavy-snow regions have snowshoes (mainly of the "bearpaw" style that lack long "tails" that can get caught in rocks and treetrunks) and sledges (for towing loads atop/"over" snow).
Silverymoon has wards that keep the temperature comfortably high (avoiding ice but creating fog), and that can be "set" to repel falling snow like a giant dome - - so most of it will end up in/on the river, and be carried away. Usually a light snowfall is "allowed in" to wash down the streets, water plants, etc., but once more than an inch or two has fallen, the warming (and wind-slowing) wards are "tightened" by one of the mages serving the city to shed anything more falling from the sky.
Suzail has no such protections, but the War Wizards do use spells to clear major streets by literally blowing deep-piled snow out into the harbor, and frequently temporarily raise temperature to melt treacherous ice underfoot (though used rushes, "out" cinders, and the like are used as traction aids). Note that many cities, Suzail included, are ports that enjoy the moderating effects of the large bodies of water they are adjacent to. One of the reasons that Waterdeep developed into such a populous city is the seaward protection of Mount Waterdeep, that shields much of the oldest part of the city from gales blowing onshore. "Ice rime" forms on seaward faces of many Waterdhavian buildings in the winter, but the Watchful Order magists magically melt dangerous roofloads (that might plummet down on the heads of pedestrians below).
However, most Faerunians just hunker down and wait.
Please bear in mind that most inhabited areas of the Realms where snow is a prevalent problem retain far more trees and bushes than most heavily-populated real-world areas; they trap and steer drifts and falling snow, and enable locals who know the terrain to move about in limited ways. Severe weather doesn't hamper your commute - - it usually prohibits EVERYONE'S commute, is expected to, and so has no negative social/employment implications.

So saith Ed. Who tries to "be there" for the Realms and those who love it, regardless of the weather.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2013 :  22:08:49  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Inspired by the finding of Richard III's grave (and me probably parking on it a few times!) I was wondering if there are any 'lost' Obarskyr graves in and around Cormyr or legends of such?(i.e legends say that prince longnose lies buried under the shattered oak north of Wheloon etc). Or have the Crown/Mage Royals/War Wizards et al always ensured that an Obarskyr body is recovered no matter what the cost?

Also do the/did the Obarskyrs and the Silver families have/had any favourite places to dispose of 'enemies of the Crown'? Am wondering how full the Vast Swamp is of tyrant lords, mad marchionesses and noble rebels against the dragon throne?

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2013 :  22:44:28  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Hello THO and Ed,

I’ve just finished collecting names (204 of them!) and bits of lore from my paperback copy of Elminster Must Die and I have a boatload of question to ask.

I’ll start with a small handful:

A shield is briefly mentioned on page 320 that winks and glows when nobles bring things they shouldn’t have to places they like to congregate. By page 323 Elminster appears to know a certain elder Lady Illance’s guards are in the palace, with poisoned blades.

Q. Does that shield detect poison? Does it respond to command words or prompts to provide more details (perhaps forgotten by the Year of the Ageless One)? Is its range more or less the length and breadth of the Royal Palace? Was it enspelled by a wizard or a cleric?

Elminster clunks around in a suit of King Duar’s armor (on page 324) that sports an enchanted codpiece.

Q. What is the nature of the enchantment(s) on that piece of armor?

On page 343, Mirt confuses The Nine with the Naughty Nine.

Q. Can you tell us a little more about the dancers comprising the Naughty Nine? Did they all hail from Waterdeep or were they Sword Coast travelers? Were they all human? Did they cater to any social group in particular (nobles, moneylenders or not so secret Lords of Waterdeep)?

Page 360 describes a war wizard’s desiccated corpse that’s found by Elminster in a secret passage of the Royal Palace.

Q. Was this war wizard from before or after Vangerdahast’s time? Is there anything you can tell us about the wizard (beyond the magical pendant he or she wore)? Was the wizard up to no good when he or she fell prey to the spike trap?

Thank you both very much.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 09 Feb 2013 22:45:11
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2013 :  01:01:24  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Damian, you're on to something.
These questions happen to be about things Ed and I have discussed in the past, so although I can't give anything like a definitive or comprehensive answer, I can say the Wizards of War, from Vangerdahast's rise to power onwards, are formally charged with recovering (every last bit of) every royal corpse (and known royal bastards) - - and that Vangey's predecessors made sure that royal remains were brought to the royal crypt whenever possible, so although there are indeed both lost Obarskyr graves and legends of such (the legends outstripping the reality), they are few - - and none of those remaining will be easily found.
And yes, the Vast Swamp received many remains, although the combined efforts of its denizens usually devour the dead utterly (yes, including bones), so it isn't a large stew of nascent undead and candidates for resurrection.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2013 :  01:05:04  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. Jeremy, I need Ed to answer your superb questions, and can only go this far: he did once tell me that dessicated wizard was from before Vangey's time.
And I THINK (but my recollections are hazy, so could be wrong) that the shield you refer to was partly enchanted by Elminster, and involves locally influencing the Weave.
For the rest, we'll have to wait until Ed responds.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2013 :  16:26:04  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

Hello THO and Ed,

I’ve just finished collecting names (204 of them!) and bits of lore from my paperback copy of Elminster Must Die and I have a boatload of question to ask.

I’ll start with a small handful:

A shield is briefly mentioned on page 320 that winks and glows when nobles bring things they shouldn’t have to places they like to congregate. By page 323 Elminster appears to know a certain elder Lady Illance’s guards are in the palace, with poisoned blades.

Q. Does that shield detect poison? Does it respond to command words or prompts to provide more details (perhaps forgotten by the Year of the Ageless One)? Is its range more or less the length and breadth of the Royal Palace? Was it enspelled by a wizard or a cleric?

Elminster clunks around in a suit of King Duar’s armor (on page 324) that sports an enchanted codpiece.

Q. What is the nature of the enchantment(s) on that piece of armor?

On page 343, Mirt confuses The Nine with the Naughty Nine.

Q. Can you tell us a little more about the dancers comprising the Naughty Nine? Did they all hail from Waterdeep or were they Sword Coast travelers? Were they all human? Did they cater to any social group in particular (nobles, moneylenders or not so secret Lords of Waterdeep)?

Page 360 describes a war wizard’s desiccated corpse that’s found by Elminster in a secret passage of the Royal Palace.

Q. Was this war wizard from before or after Vangerdahast’s time? Is there anything you can tell us about the wizard (beyond the magical pendant he or she wore)? Was the wizard up to no good when he or she fell prey to the spike trap?

Thank you both very much.

I'm sure many scribes, including myself would love to see your posted notes if they are shareable. :)
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2013 :  17:53:22  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message
Hello, I have some questions for the Fourth going into Fifth edition of the Realms, assuming there is not a huge time skip.

Could you describe the Wyvernspur Noble family of Cormyr in this time frame? Perhaps with some sample members (wondering if I could use them as a character or a personal connection to a character).

Has any nation, like Cormyr, ever thought of creating a stable air force to gain air dominance?

Sorry... lost my train of thought in a mountain, if it comes out the tunnel I will add more.

Additional: Train came out...

Even if you didn't create them...

Are Alias and her sisters immortal or alive in this time period. If not, are their descendants are, and could you describe them and any effects of being blood to an Alias vessel might be?

Please and Thank you. If you answer you get this fat free calorie free imaginary cookie.

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!

Edited by - Foxhelm on 10 Feb 2013 17:56:44
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2013 :  19:56:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
@Damian - Great Question!

Thanks for all the wonderful answers THO and Ed (and not just to my own queries above).

Spent all day yesterday digging out my (very long) driveway, and the town/county never showed up to plow. Its still not plowed - in 4WD I made it five house away before I had to turn around (and got stuck doing so). I used to love snow... now, not so much.

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2013 :  20:19:53  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
<jumps in really quick>
quote:
Originally posted by Eilserus

I'm sure many scribes, including myself would love to see your posted notes if they are shareable. :)
I don't plan to make the notes available in their raw form.

However, I've posted all the names I've found to a wiki page on the WotC website HERE.

The remainder of the notes I'm slowly organizing into chunks of lore and posting them in the Realmslore sub-forum at Loremaster.org.

</jumps back out>

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 10 Feb 2013 20:20:49
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2013 :  03:50:32  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Sorry, Foxhelm, but by longstanding agreement between Ed and Jeff Grubb, details of the Wyvernspur family are left to Jeff to divulge, if he wishes (and largely, he hasn't done so, thus far). The Wyvernspur clan is an Ed creation, but the development and detailing of the Wyvernspurs in the published Realms are entirely the work of Jeff Grubb and his wife Kate.
However, all of your queries have been sent on to Ed, to see what he will answer . . .
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2013 :  04:09:46  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi again, all.
Sorry, Foxhelm, but by longstanding agreement between Ed and Jeff Grubb, details of the Wyvernspur family are left to Jeff to divulge, if he wishes (and largely, he hasn't done so, thus far). The Wyvernspur clan is an Ed creation, but the development and detailing of the Wyvernspurs in the published Realms are entirely the work of Jeff Grubb and his wife Kate.
However, all of your queries have been sent on to Ed, to see what he will answer . . .
love,
THO

So either I have to be lucky in that Jeff Grubb answers or lets Ed answer, make it up myself... or develop telepathic powers and dig into the mind of Mr. Grubb.

Any tips on gaining telepathic powers?

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11689 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2013 :  13:52:14  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Sitting here with 32" of snow outside my door... I'm sure Ed knows what thats like (and for once I can't tell him to stop sending it this way - this one came from the south).

So it makes me think - what do the folks of the Realms do when things get this bad? Does a nation like Cormyr have War Wizards clearing snow from 'essential services'? Would a city like Silverymoon (being far North) have permanent things in place to keep snow from accumulating?

I'm just trying to kill time myself - not looking forward to going outside for the dig-out.

I'll just say, many human children are born nine months later

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2013 :  16:49:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
I've noted a couple of 'Zhentil Keep outposts' on various maps. Do the Zhents name these, or simply number them? I assume there has to be some method of identifying them individually.

If they have names, would you be so kind as to provide a few 'Zhent-sounding' names for them? Many Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2013 :  06:08:52  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Hello again THO and Ed!

Curiosity is gnawing away at me, so I have to ask: what language are the words of awakening used to activate blueflame items (as found in Elminster Must Die, pages 207-208), if any?

Is it Loross? Or a combination of old languages?

Or are the words just "magic words" and not really of any language?

Thank you both!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 37 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000