Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2013)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 14 Jun 2013 :  20:26:05  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
Milady THO, I recall you answering this question before, but I didn't find anything in a couple searches of Candlekeep or Googling it, so... I'm sorry if this is a repeat. But perhaps the recent heat wave has addled me, and it's never been addressed. It's like *whisper* summer is starting. Fortunately today is overcast so far, so all is well.

The Cyclopedia of the Realms, the Grand Tour of the Realms, the Shadowdale adventure poster map, and the Cormyr accessory all have basically the same map of Arabel. The later ones add a couplefew locations on the end of the list, but other than that they seem to be identical.

#27 and #28 are identified as Gelzunduth Warehouse, and Misrim Warehouse gets #88, #132, and #138. Other warehouses aren't numbered individually; for example, there are eight Thond Warehouses on the west wall of the city, all numbered 68.

Meanwhile, there are three companies in the city whose warehouses don't appear on the list; there's no Bhela Warehouse, no Iron Throne Warehouse, and no Trueshield Warehouse. FR Adventures is also the source for their presence.

My initial thought was "we have five numbers and five necessary locations; they're just misidentified on the map." However, a quick count of examples on the map indicates only one building numbered 88, only one 132, and only 138... while Misrim is supposedly one of the strongest (biggest/wealthiest?) of the eight Houses -- this is stated in FR Adventures if I remember right. 27 and 28 are adjacent, and there seems to be only one of each of these too. House Nyaril has four large warehouses in the east corner, so it seems appropriate that Misrim should have at least three... but what they're storing/hiding/doing in their warehouses probably plays a role.

So I'm second-guessing everything, aaannd I was hoping you could help with clarifications.

Just in case it's relevant, I bake white chocolate chip cookies and I like to share.

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 14 Jun 2013 20:28:26
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1764 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  08:52:38  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message
#15 on the map of Scardale "Town" in the Tantras adventure (FRE2) is an unidentified partially sunken ship commandeered by the Zhentilar/Zhentarim. I'm not seeing this ship specifically mentioned in the adventure. Does it have a name? Whose ship was it prior to the events of the adventure, and where is this person from? Is the wreck abandoned/destroyed following the PCs' departure, or used for the duration of the Zhentilar's presence in Scardale?

Lots of questions for something of minor curiosity. I'm mainly just looking for a name to facilitate shortening the description in a list of Scardale's features. But I know better than to ask Ed for just a name.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5037 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  15:48:56  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all! Ed and I have both been busy (no, not with each other! Those scribes, wash your minds out with soap! ) these last few days, but 'tis high time to deal with some more lore questions.
paladinnicolas, you're first up. Re. this: "Today's forging the Realms article was quite interesting. Based on it I'd like to ask if any family or line can have persuasive arguments to challenge the rule of the Obarskyrs in Cormyr, and if there have been successful revolts therein that have managed to circumvent the control of the war wizards. On the other hand, have there been abusive war wizards who falsely accuse innocents they dislike?"
Heeere's Ed:

Hi. The answer to your first question depends on who the audience is. To many nobles, the argument that they have just as much right to sit on the Dragon Throne as "those lucky Obarskyrs" is quite persuasive; to most others in Cormyr, far less so. For one thing, certain families (such as the now-exiled Bleths) have definitely "been around" in the region now known as Cormyr for as long as the Obarskyrs have, but some of the other families making such claims have not, and are either making them in ignorance of the realm's earliest days, or depending on like ignorance on the part of their audience.
There have indeed been successful revolts, and revolts done with the connivance of some War Wizards, AND revolts that managed to elude the vigilance of the War Wizards.
There have also been War Wizards who have falsely accused the innocent of various treasons and seditious acts, though the "mind-reaming" that had become common usage in the organization prior to the "mind-reaming will drive the reamer mad" peril that the Spellplague brought on, made such accusations difficult and foolish.
See the novel Jeff Grubb and I co-wrote, CORMYR: A NOVEL, for examples of all of these.
The majority of "oldblood" nobles do privately see the Obarskyrs as "first among equals," but tend to thank the gods that the Obarskyrs got saddled with all the headaches, danger, and time-devouring duties of rulership, while they themselves have time to pursue all their whims and hobbies, and can snipe about how badly the kingdom is being ruled to their hearts' content. So they may be firmly against this or that policy or decree, but staunch supporters of the Obarskyrs holding the Crown - - for the very good reason that they don't want the job themselves (young hotheads usually excluded from this point of view), and REALLY don't trust most of their noble rivals as alternatives; the Obarskyrs are seen as the least bad of all the available evils.
Most nobles' claims to the throne aren't based on "my family has a better claim than the Obarskyrs," but rather, "this Obarskyr fathered this ancestor of mine in these circumstances, which I can clearly see gives me a closer/better claim to the Dragon Throne than the current occupants who have Obarskyr surnames." The problem is that their personal clarity of sight differs markedly from that of other observers. ;}

So saith Ed. Creator of Cormyr and most of the sprawling sandbox around it we call the Realms.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5037 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  15:55:41  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
. . . And here's Ed's next reply, this time to sf dragon, re. this: "I have a hypothetical question for Ed. If he had chose to do it instead, how would he had Jhaamdath been if it was to continue as a war machine instead of having it wiped out into undeath?"
Ed replies:

Ah, hypotheticals. If I had three or four lifetimes to spare, I could REALLY dig into these. ;
I have always thought that if Jhaamdath had avoided the fate that befell it, that culture would have made the Napoleonic/Hitlerian mistake of expanding too fast by violent means, taking on too many foes at once, ending up beset on too many fronts at once - - and collapsing. I have in the past dropped some very subtle hints in this regard, by noting who their inevitable foes would be, if they expanded far enough (and as a game designer, I always want a setting to have a variety of opposed powers, purely because it makes for more interesting and varied adventure opportunities).

So saith Ed. Who's on a roll this morning (well, it's still morning here as I type this), and has yet another reply up his sleeve...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5037 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  16:15:08  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
And as promised, here's that third lore response...
Chosen of Asmodeus asked: "Are there any rules regarding bigamy among Waterdeep nobility?"
And Ed replies:

Yes. Bigamy is legally a no-no. Nobles can have any number of lovers, mistresses/prettyboys and "kept partners" and so on, but they can only legally have one spouse at a time, and any offspring they produce with that one spouse are their legal heirs, in order of birth (and in most noble houses, regardless of gender, though there are a few that count only males AND a few that count only females, in lines of inheritance/precedence). You can divorce a spouse or lose one to death, and be free to remarry; the new spouse has all the legal standing of a previous one, but such a change in spouses doesn't make any difference to the legitimacy of offspring had with a previous spouse. Neither does marrying a lover make any offspring you had with them before marriage "retroactively legitimate," such bastards remain illegitimate and can't gain legitimacy unless they become the last living family relatives (i.e. all legitimate family members are dead). Note that bastards can be named heirs of real estate and chattels in a will or deathbed proclamation, and even appointed "regents" to legitimate children - - this may make them effectively noble in their daily duties, wealth, and social doings, but they still aren't "legitimate." Dead nobles who rise as undead have lost their legitimacy, though in rare cases they have been socially reaccepted as themselves (i.e. they still can't inherit or take over as heads of houses, but may act as the head of a house or a parental-style advisor; some style themselves as house "champions," and act as bodyguards for family members, or fight duels for them/represent them in places and situations of danger).
Finally, the Open Lord of Waterdeep has on several occasions throughout history been forced to rule on legitimacy in situations (usually thanks to shipwrecks or kidnapping brigands) where a spouse has gone missing for years and been presumed dead, so a funeral has been held and their partner has subsequently remarried, only to have the original later turn up. In all but one of these rulings (wherein there was a strong suspicion that the noble involved tried to have the first spouse murdered so they could take a second one - - in that case, the first one was affirmed and the second one "set aside," which was relatively easy to do because there were offspring of the first, but none from the second), the Open Lord has confirmed BOTH first and second spouses as legitimate. So yes, in these limited cases [I've created two of them, out of six cases of Open Lord judgments, but can't recall if other writers have introduced or strongly hinted at any], bigamy is possible among nobles in Waterdeep. As a freely-tolerated custom initiated by the nobles involved, though, bigamy is still prohibited.
However, taking lovers of other nobles' spouses while everyone looks the other way or even makes sport of it, is frequent among certain nobles and calmly ignored by many others. I hope this has been of help; as I was typing it, quite a few plot hooks I'd built in over the years rose to mind, so perhaps it will similarly spur ideas among DMs.

So saith Ed. Creator of Waterdeep, its nobles and Open Lords, and more plot hooks than either of us can count, down the years.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Joebing
Learned Scribe

USA
194 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  18:25:31  Show Profile Send Joebing a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

...so perhaps it will similarly spur ideas among DMs.

Already got this DM's creative juices flowing, and I didn't even ask the question. *EVIL*

Still plugging away at pre-3e conversion to 3.5

"It's all wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey" - Doctor Who

MY 3.5 REALMS CONVERSION SITE IS UNDERWAY!

https://sites.google.com/site/realmsto35/home
Go to Top of Page

lordsknight185
Learned Scribe

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  20:13:23  Show Profile Send lordsknight185 a Private Message
Ed and dear THO, I have another question, now that we speak of Obarskyr lineage.

Would a non-human descendant (Such as a half-elf or a tiefling, especially a tiefling >.>;) ever be permitted to sit on the Dragon Throne of Cormyr? (As king obviously, I do not mean sitting in general :P)
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  21:57:51  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Hi lordsknight185,

You're likely to find the answer to your question on page 12 of the Looking for all info about Cormyr scroll.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

paladinnicolas
Learned Scribe

84 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2013 :  22:04:08  Show Profile Send paladinnicolas a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO, thank you for the answer. I have bought the ebook version of the Cormyr novel and will read it, especially because I love political intrigue plots
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  06:14:03  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Hello Ed and THO,

Ed, your Realms novel "Hand of Fire" features a quote from Malivur Stonecastle's book "Fallen From Grace: A Cormyrean Noble's Tale" as the header for Chapter 19 (page 329 of the 2002 edition).

Can you please confirm whether or not Malivur Stonecastle is (or was) a noble of Cormyr?

If yes, did Malivur simply fall from grace? Or was he banished?

If not, about whom was Malivur writing?

I'm hoping he was a noble, as this would be a name not on any list of Cormyr's nobles in my possession.

Thank you both. :)

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 17 Jun 2013 07:27:11
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  08:07:05  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Well Again THO and Ed,

Ed, a follow up question for the 2002 edition of Hand of Fire: did the lecture given by Bharajak Steelshar (as mentioned in the header to Chapter 5, page 69) have a formal title?

Was it transcribed or otherwise recorded in some manner?

The quote of Bharajak's used in the chapter header implies he was responding to a question. Was the lecture a Q&A type of event? Or did Bharajak open the floor to questions after his lecture was given?

Did the lecture cover any other topics besides portals?

Did the Swords Club in Elturel host lectures all that often?

Thank you both in advance. Looking forward to what answers you may provide. :D

Go to Top of Page

lordsknight185
Learned Scribe

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 17 Jun 2013 :  11:28:42  Show Profile Send lordsknight185 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

Hi lordsknight185,

You're likely to find the answer to your question on page 12 of the Looking for all info about Cormyr scroll.

Thank you! That was a fantastic answer, and just what I was looking for!

I got curious as Aubrin Crownsilver is fourth inline to the throne, and that would make any possible tiefling offspring fifth in line as well.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1356 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  01:23:20  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
Hi Ed and THO,

I was reading up a bit about Moonblades and got to thinking. Did the dwarves ever create anything comparable to Moonblades? And if so, is there anything you could share?

Thank you.

Edited by - Eilserus on 18 Jun 2013 01:23:46
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1394 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  18:10:59  Show Profile  Click to see Barastir's MSN Messenger address Send Barastir a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Argistrin
(...)
I'm curious if there is a Corellon based paladin order in the realms. As reader, a dungeon master, and as an occasional player when fortune allows, I have often wondered about the existence of such a thing in the realms.
(...)

Hi, Argistrin!
Have you checked this thread? It is about elven paladins, maybe you would like to check it out.

And Ed and THO, a thread was opened about the chaotic good alignment of elves, especially the "good" aspect, considering the mass killings and genocides comitted by the race in the past. Some were arguing if the general elven populace is good (commoners, but maybe not their leaders), while others were questioning in which aspects they would be good and still join wars and genocides convocated by their commanders.

Mostly, people argued that elves were not very different from humans, with some being good, right, but others being evil, and so the race could not be declared "good", in general, as in the game sources. Can you please give us your pointview over this issue?

EDIT: added question and clarifications

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)

Edited by - Barastir on 18 Jun 2013 18:42:03
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5037 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  19:16:27  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Jeremy, Ed will have to answer most of your questions about Malivur Stonecastle, but I can confirm from my notes that the Stonecastles are a minor Cormyrean noble family, ennobled in the reign of Duar (so presumably a Stonecastle aided that king in the civil war) and so long-established, and mainly resident in the southern coastal part of the Forest Kingdom. Their arms are a white-with-gray-detailings crenellated stone castle tower (like a chess rook) with two arrow-slit windows visible at differing heights, on an emerald green field (with a white border, on a shield of the shape sometimes called "elegant" in heraldry, and often in the USA referred to as a "police shield" because it's the shape of some classic police badges). Duke Bhereu (of the ruling family in the time of Azoun IV)was romantically linked to Ashlaelra Stonecastle in his youth, but she died tragically (and he was reportedly heartbroken).
There that's all I've got.
So saith me (from lore Ed gave me, of course).
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

paladinnicolas
Learned Scribe

84 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  20:36:32  Show Profile Send paladinnicolas a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO, I would like to ask something similar to the Cormyr question I posed before. Since Ed has said that in his Realms those with good intentions sometimes make things wrongly, I would like to ask if in the games you have played the Harpers have ever committed abuses or wronged innocents. I read once that the Harpers are not liked in Amn because they were framed, but I would like to know if they have ever truly caused harm and engaged in wrongful acts. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29798 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  21:13:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by paladinnicolas

Dear Ed and THO, I would like to ask something similar to the Cormyr question I posed before. Since Ed has said that in his Realms those with good intentions sometimes make things wrongly, I would like to ask if in the games you have played the Harpers have ever committed abuses or wronged innocents. I read once that the Harpers are not liked in Amn because they were framed, but I would like to know if they have ever truly caused harm and engaged in wrongful acts. Thanks!

Sure they have. Ask any Zhentarim.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  21:16:10  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hi All,

Just curious, this grotto of ever-replenishing gems that Cormyr controls, who controlled it or used it prior and how long has it been in existence? Origins of it already provided somewhere?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  21:43:37  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by createvmind

Hi All,

Just curious, this grotto of ever-replenishing gems that Cormyr controls, who controlled it or used it prior and how long has it been in existence? Origins of it already provided somewhere?

Thanks

Hi Creativemind

The Grotto is discussed in Volo's Guide to Cormyr (VGtC). It specifically states that the grotto was discovered by Amble Obarskyr, cousin to Ring Pryntaler, and that only six other people have seen it in all its glory.

Its another great little design by Ed that cleverly answers a game theory question about Cormyr and its wealth and how normal folks can live there safely surrounded by expensive guards in expensive armour without being taxed up to the hilt.

Cheers

Damian
ps WoTC released VGtC free on their web site as a PDF go here
http://web.archive.org/web/20080506030618/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads and scroll down a bit until you find it

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005

Edited by - crazedventurers on 18 Jun 2013 21:49:13
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2013 :  23:15:23  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

There that's all I've got.
So saith me (from lore Ed gave me, of course).
love,
THO
Thank you very much. I really appreciate you sharing events from your Realmsplay sessions, as they often shed light on Realmslore for which only passing reference is given in printed sources.

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5037 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2013 :  01:20:34  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
A pleasure!
And now, I'd like to turn to this query from paladinnicolas: "Dear Ed and THO, I would like to ask something similar to the Cormyr question I posed before. Since Ed has said that in his Realms those with good intentions sometimes make things wrongly, I would like to ask if in the games you have played the Harpers have ever committed abuses or wronged innocents. I read once that the Harpers are not liked in Amn because they were framed, but I would like to know if they have ever truly caused harm and engaged in wrongful acts. Thanks!"

Well, that's another one of those loaded questions. Harpers work against governments they consider too large and too powerful, and against those who they see as being overly aggressive to others (e.g. by destroying habitat [burning forests] to drive creatures out of an area so it can be settled [and farmed]). So, libertarians - - but libertarians who believe in a code all can trust in. They always work against abusive authority, too, so they can seem like Greenpeace or various real-world protestors at times.
So Harpers often break laws, but view those making and enforcing those laws as unjust aggressors abusing power - - or even claiming rulership over lands not theirs. What, then, is a "wrongful act"? As for causing harm, Harpers fight. So there's bloodshed and death, which is causing harm . . . but then again, they would argue that to not resist aggression would have resulted in a lot more death and harm to many more folk.
So . . . it's complicated. Ed has never written a black-and-white, clear-cut Realms. He has always put in layers of meaning, nuances, complexity, and so on, because he believes that a vital part of roleplaying is making moral choices. That are truly choices, not "this is the shining side of good, and that is the dark-hearted side of ultimate evil. Choose between them." situations, but harder and messier choices.
As Wooly posted, Zhentarim (real law-and-order, might makes right types) would see Harpers as bad. If the word existed in the Realms, they might claim that "all Harpers are terrorists, or abettors of terrorists, whereas WE obey laws." But then, many in the Realms would see the Zhents as akin to Hitler's stormtroops (to use another real-world analogy), so it's back to "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."
In the games I've played in, many Harpers have made MISTAKES, yes, but always with the best of intentions. I'd never seen a "false Harper." If you read Ed's novels, Elminster makes mistakes all the time. And yet, most see him as a force for good. A meddler who drives a lot of them nuts, yet in the end, over the centuries, a force for good.
So...complicated. (Remember, the Realms posits lots of opposed gods, so deciding whose judgment is "right" regarding harm and "wrongful acts" isn't easy, either.)
I hope this helps to answer your question.
(I'm a bad, spankable girl trying to do good. )
love,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 19 Jun 2013 01:21:52
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2013 :  05:01:20  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

quote:
Originally posted by createvmind

Hi All,

Thanks

Hi Creativemind

The Grotto is discussed in Volo's Guide to Cormyr (VGtC). It specifically states that the grotto was discovered by Amble Obarskyr, cousin to Ring Pryntaler, and that only six other people have seen it in all its glory.

Its another great little design by Ed that cleverly answers a game theory question about Cormyr and its wealth and how normal folks can live there safely surrounded by expensive guards in expensive armour without being taxed up to the hilt.

Cheers

Damian
ps WoTC released VGtC free on their web site as a PDF go here
http://web.archive.org/web/20080506030618/http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads and scroll down a bit until you find it

I think Ed's shared a few extra tidbits about the Grotto in previous replies... if I'm remembering correctly.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

paladinnicolas
Learned Scribe

84 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2013 :  09:38:58  Show Profile Send paladinnicolas a Private Message
Thanks for your answer THO!
Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
337 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2013 :  15:59:59  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message
Hey folks!

I've been asked once again by Emma and her fellow players to pass on their (and my) deepest thanks and gratitude to Ed and THO for the Raventree family lore Ed was kind enough to share. They're having an absolute blast and Ems has promised to send a synopsis to share with you all at some future point.

The best backstories are longer than a sentence and shorter than a page.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5037 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2013 :  04:29:18  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
paladinnicolas, you're very welcome.
And BlackAce, we'd both love to see that synopsis, when the time is right for Emma to write it, and you're all very welcome. Ed loves helping Realms campaigns with lore (and it's just fine to twist and stretch it to fit your needs, too).
lordsknight185, regarding your recent query about the order of succession in Cormyr, Ed thinks you might want to make sure you read all of the Realms novels penned by Erin Evans, both those out now and those coming out in the future. (And if you ever have contact with Garen Thal here at the Keep, or Brian Cortijo at a convention - - they're the same gentleman - - he is THE expert on Cormyr.)
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000