Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Here's a weird one... brothels in the Realms?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2013 :  17:54:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was really surprised to find a "Slut Street" in Waterdeep. I don't have much else to share, that just sent me for a loop. Appropriately by Ed's answers, it's in the Dock Ward.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2013 :  18:12:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

I was really surprised to find a "Slut Street" in Waterdeep. I don't have much else to share, that just sent me for a loop. Appropriately by Ed's answers, it's in the Dock Ward.

Indeed. I don't recall the when and where, but Ed did address that:

quote:
On Slut Street:
Yes, there is a "Slut Street" in Waterdeep. Yes, I put it there. And no, the word 'slut' had no sexual connotation to British and Canadian folks until the last 15 years or so (creeping American influence). It meant "a slovenly woman" or, in earlier times, "a working drudge." So this was where the poor serving wenches dwelt, shopped, and could be hired - not a Prostitutes' Row.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  01:25:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It wasn't just in Ed's answers. It was also named "Slut Street" and located in the Dock Ward in Volo's Guide to Waterdeep and the older Waterdeep and the North supplement as I recall.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  02:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

It wasn't just in Ed's answers. It was also named "Slut Street" and located in the Dock Ward in Volo's Guide to Waterdeep and the older Waterdeep and the North supplement as I recall.

Yeah, I noticed it in CoS:W first and then went oh when looking at Ed's stuff. Threw me for a loop.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36781 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2013 :  04:15:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Yup. I have on the wall of my computer room a map of Waterdeep, from Waterdeep and the North. Slut Street is on that map -- it's one of the streets that branches off The Way of the Dragon, between that larger street and Snail Street. It's pretty much due south of Virgin's Square.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2013 :  14:44:32  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

The Satyr's Nest

Bones in Chains (I used this in one of my short stories.)

Paradise Found

The Last Apple

The Grinning Demon

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page