Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 E-Book/online only Forgotten Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  16:24:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

Phred?

And his trusty sidekick, B'harnee.

Oh, I'm going to have to add that to my roster of example NPCs!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2013 :  21:45:05  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, all. Church of Shar, FYI: Ed's "Lord of the Darkways" has been published in a mass market paperback collection (UNTOLD ADVENTURES, Wizards of the Coast, 2011), so it's not e-exclusive.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

ChurchofShar
Acolyte

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2013 :  00:03:51  Show Profile Send ChurchofShar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi, all. Church of Shar, FYI: Ed's "Lord of the Darkways" has been published in a mass market paperback collection (UNTOLD ADVENTURES, Wizards of the Coast, 2011), so it's not e-exclusive.
love,
THO

Thanks for the info ! I'd actually never looked into the book before now, apparently a few of the stories from the Wizard's Archive are in there.

I'll be removing:
Dreaming of Waterdeep - Rosemary Jones
Lord of the Darkways - Ed Greenwood
Tallfolk Tales - Lisa Smedman
Watchers at the Living Gate - Paul Park

@ I'll also be stopping by the booskhop to pick a copy of this anthology up!

Edited by - ChurchofShar on 06 Jan 2013 00:05:30
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2013 :  11:19:06  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I've just purchased a Google nexus 7 and live in the UK.just wondering if anyone can bring me up to speed with the whole eBook distribution issue and whatnot.also does wotc have any exclusive deals with a specific reader or anything.I just want to be able to read prince of ravens in my own country goddammit.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2013 :  16:20:50  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you won't have trouble buying the kindle version from amazon.co.uk.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2013 :  22:14:32  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes but I have a Google nexus and its not in the play store.

go back to sleep america.everything is under control.heres american gladiators.watch this.shuttup. BILL HICKS.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2013 :  22:41:07  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can download free Kindle reader apps for your Android device, then read ebooks from Amazon. Google won't allow the default Play Store app to be uninstalled. Not all apps will properly display Nexus fullscreen, but many are available.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2013 :  23:40:13  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Went on the play store and couldn't see any kindle apps.

Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2013 :  22:45:34  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've managed to download the kindle app.I've found prince of ravens on the kindle store but was just wondering if I buy it that I'll be able to watch it on my Google nexus.

Go to Top of Page

ChurchofShar
Acolyte

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2013 :  02:05:25  Show Profile Send ChurchofShar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swifty

I've managed to download the kindle app.I've found prince of ravens on the kindle store but was just wondering if I buy it that I'll be able to watch it on my Google nexus.

Should be able to if you send it to your device.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2013 :  02:49:02  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swifty

Have a try for it! Should work and the novel is 100% worth it!

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2013 :  03:28:12  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Test the app with a *free* Kindle ebook (like Grimm's Fairy Tales or Sun Tzu's Art of War) before spending money. You may also need (or want) to try other Kindle-compatible reader apps, there are many very good ones, also free. Registration or Activation is sometimes required, but don't get sucked into a money trap - if the reader app turns out to be a "trial" which nags or locks your ebooks after some number of uses or days then just wipe it and try another. Whenever you do purchase ebooks or mobile software, be sure to back them up on some other machine (preferably before you install them on your device) so you don't have to ever pay for them again.

There's really no way to be certain which apps are good or bad until you try them out for a bit. You can do your research, but you need a little experience with the topic to accurately sort out which web endorsements and reviews are fake advertising. You can always restore backups, so don't be afraid to play and "screw things up".

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2013 :  22:41:09  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ive got the sample chapter of prince of ravens safely stored on my nexus does this mean the whole book will be ok to download

Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2013 :  10:20:42  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Safely downloaded the whole book and its great.but now I own it I never want to lose it.I have a Google nexus now but what happens when I want to upgrade.how do I transfer my books onto another device especially if its a different companies tablet.

Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2013 :  21:23:57  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just bumping this thread up.thought I would have had a reply by now.

Go to Top of Page

swifty
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
517 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2013 :  08:15:36  Show Profile  Visit swifty's Homepage Send swifty a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just bumping this thread up.thought I would have had a reply by now.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2013 :  08:32:34  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Read a bit about the Nexus, Android apps, ebooks and ebook readers ... there's a lot to be learned about these subjects, far more than belongs in Candlekeep. I recommend you read reviews or user feedback/chatter about various reader apps to see how yours compares (and what you might be able to do to improve or customize it), and learn how to backup data (ebooks, etc) and how to *restore* your backups (actually test and confirm the backup works, because you don't want to discover it doesn't when it's your last hope). Sooner or later your device will die, get lost or stolen, break, drown, or simply become obsolete ... you don't want the only copy of your data to go with it.

Try posting your questions at a mobile device forum (just the first one google spat at me), where people discuss this sort of stuff and probably know all the details about your particular device.

And again - there's so many great free apps (and more every day) that you don't need to buy or subscribe to get one which works. You can always experiment with other apps, switching to a new one whenever a trial period expires on an old one ... never pay for mobile software until you're confident it's the best option for you, because it's a money suck which probably won't transfer to your next device.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 02 Feb 2013 08:46:14
Go to Top of Page

artificial_sunlight
Acolyte

Netherlands
14 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2013 :  10:36:04  Show Profile Send artificial_sunlight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11369

Here are the links for the Spin a Yarn tales, to update the opening post.

I will check if all the stories fron the opening post are in my big list.

Dutch FR Story Collector
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000