Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Can't purchase new releases Sony store
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

boweik
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  01:49:32  Show Profile Send boweik a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just finished Erin Evans Brimstone Angels (excellent novel by the way!!) and I go to purchase Brimstone Angels: Lesser Evils and it's not available. I searched for a few other newly released novels and could not find those either. When I check the wizards website the NEW novels (Spider and Stone also) are only available for Kindle, Kobo and Nook. WTF? Any insight?

"I got first blood!" - Drizzt Do'Urden
"Last counts more." - Artemis Entreri

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  15:29:15  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi boweik,

Wizards is experimenting with more ebook only releases. My most recent books in the Shadowbane series have gone this way. Currently, WotC does not have a print on demand option. It is possible we'll eventually see print versions (perhaps in omnibuses), but it kinda depends on how well the book does in general.

If you're having trouble buying the book at all (ebook isn't available), post here, which is my thread for distribution issues: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17267

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  18:42:27  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's very likely that WotC has not listed the ebooks at the Sony store. They are not available on iBooks, either.
Go to Top of Page

boweik
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  23:32:41  Show Profile Send boweik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't get why WotC wouldn't offer the book (the two most recently released) on on all the major ebook platforms, not just a select few... I would think they would want to maximize their profit by making the new releases available to the widest audience possible. Makes me want to buy a Kindle... hmmmmmmmm... conspiracy? I suspect the Zhentarim are making a comeback by trying to corner the ebook market!

Go to Top of Page

boweik
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  23:35:59  Show Profile Send boweik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Hi boweik,

Wizards is experimenting with more ebook only releases. My most recent books in the Shadowbane series have gone this way. Currently, WotC does not have a print on demand option. It is possible we'll eventually see print versions (perhaps in omnibuses), but it kinda depends on how well the book does in general.

If you're having trouble buying the book at all (ebook isn't available), post here, which is my thread for distribution issues: http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=17267

Cheers

I might not have explained the situation clearly Erik, sorry...

I have a Sony Reader, I tried to buy Brimstone Angels: Lesser Evils and it wasn't available in the Sony Reader Store but WAS available in the other ebook stores (Kindle, Kobo, Nook)

Thanks!!

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2012 :  23:56:51  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It then likely comes down to agreement for that release. It might be a matter of pennies or just somebody not reading an email or replying to mail to confirm rights to sell.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

boweik
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2012 :  00:33:32  Show Profile Send boweik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Hi boweik,

Cheers

Erik,

I just bought all three books of the Shadowbane Series because lo and behold, they were available on the Sony reader store... Erin's loss is your gain! I hope I enjoy them, this will be the first time I read your work (you might be the only FR author I haven't read yet, SORRY!)

Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2012 :  01:48:55  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boweik

I don't get why WotC wouldn't offer the book (the two most recently released) on on all the major ebook platforms, not just a select few... I would think they would want to maximize their profit by making the new releases available to the widest audience possible. Makes me want to buy a Kindle... hmmmmmmmm... conspiracy? I suspect the Zhentarim are making a comeback by trying to corner the ebook market!

Boweik, since Sony uses the ePub format, you can purchase ebooks from B&N and read them on your Sony device.

The flexibility of ePub format is why I purchased a Nook rather than a Kindle.

Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2012 :  19:12:02  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Poked WotC about this. Not sure what the issue is. But I'm glad you liked Brimstone Angels, and hope you come back to Lesser Evils!

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

boweik
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2012 :  01:15:10  Show Profile Send boweik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ErinMEvans

Poked WotC about this. Not sure what the issue is. But I'm glad you liked Brimstone Angels, and hope you come back to Lesser Evils!

Thanks Erin... don't worry, I'm reading Lesser Evils either way :)

Farideh is going to be part of the Sundering novels too right?

Go to Top of Page

boweik
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2012 :  01:17:52  Show Profile Send boweik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:

Boweik, since Sony uses the ePub format, you can purchase ebooks from B&N and read them on your Sony device.
The flexibility of ePub format is why I purchased a Nook rather than a Kindle.

And thanks to you too Elaine! I'll check out the Nook store and purchase it there...

Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2012 :  02:43:54  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Thanks Erin... don't worry, I'm reading Lesser Evils either way :)

Farideh is going to be part of the Sundering novels too right?

Yes indeed! Working at it now.

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

boweik
Acolyte

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2012 :  17:29:31  Show Profile Send boweik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Quick update on this... Lesser Evils became available today on the Sony Reader Store

Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2012 :  05:52:20  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Quick update on this... Lesser Evils became available today on the Sony Reader Store

Oh good! My editor was checking but her theory was a glitch on Sony's side. I'll tell her to call off the hunt. :)

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000