Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 escanor tanthul
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chrstnmonks
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2012 :  23:44:42  Show Profile Send chrstnmonks a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is he really dead? i kinda have my doubts.

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2012 :  01:04:30  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

As far as canon goes, yes. But as there's no such thing as utterly dead in FR, then we shouldn't be surprised if we find out that his "soul" is locked away somewhere, recuperating, while his father finds a suitable host/body he can inhabit.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2012 :  21:24:20  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

As far as canon goes, yes. But as there's no such thing as utterly dead in FR, then we shouldn't be surprised if we find out that his "soul" is locked away somewhere, recuperating, while his father finds a suitable host/body he can inhabit.

FR is published by Marvel Comics?

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

Krafus
Learned Scribe

246 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2012 :  15:46:09  Show Profile  Visit Krafus's Homepage Send Krafus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are there official stats, or at least classes/levels, for Escanor? He wasn't mentioned at all in Lords of Darkness, leading me to believe he was solely Denning's creation. Given that in the novels he seems to be one of the older brothers (I think the color of his eyes was bronze or copper while Rivalen, the oldest, has golden eyes), he should be in the upper-end, 29th-31st level bracket.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2012 :  08:40:29  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he is. I mean if they wanted to resurrect him surely there have been plenty of opportunities by now.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  02:50:03  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

quote:

Well, for the record it's not just Marvel that practices that. Nor was Marvel the first to do so. Though, yes, Marvel's examples are more GLARING than others.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  02:53:51  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Krafus

Are there official stats, or at least classes/levels, for Escanor? He wasn't mentioned at all in Lords of Darkness, leading me to believe he was solely Denning's creation...
At first, I thought the ones who are not listed in LoD are those who are "dead." But then I realized Melegaunt and Hadrhune should not have been there if it were the case. So the simple answer? The designers forgot to include him.

Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2012 :  02:54:23  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barastir

quote:

I suppose if we consider Mask the Silver surfer, herald of Galactus :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000