Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Best BG2 Solo Char?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  20:47:30  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What is, by your poinion, the Best Solo Character in Baldur's Gate II - Throne of Bhaal?

This is, ofcourse, within the borders of the EX Cap (8.000.000)

My choice would be, and is, a Human, Duale-Fighter/Mage, with a Level 8 Fighter and a level 31 Mage.

That accumulates to EXACTLY 8.000.000 XP!
(Fighter Level 8:) 125.000XP + (Mage Level 31:) 7.875.000XP = 8.000.000XP

This provides for a Decently powerful fighter, that can deal with those pesky creatures (ie. Hobgoblins, Kobotls, Goblins, Gnolls, Orges, etc), gives you the ability to use any kind of weapon, and a shield or, if you so choose, a ranged weapon (Nice to use a crossbow combined with the Staff of the Magi... Shoot - Invisible - Shoot - Invisible - Shoot) It also gives you axcess (sp?) to the maximum level that a mage can reach wich, incredibly enough, is 31. No mage, even a single-classed one, can go beyond level 31, as level 31 has a XP req. of 8.250.000. This allows for you to have a INCREDIBLY powerful mage (The mages are... *ARE* the most powerful characters in the game), and a 'decent' fighter in the one and same character, compared to the Fighter/Cleirc/Mage, who has to divivde his/her XP over three Classes.

Yes the healing is, ofcourse, very useful, but if you stock-up on Extra-Healing Potions, combined with regenerative items (Ring of Gaxx, anyone?) you don't really need those abilities. You will *NEVER* loose to a creature that has a Physical-based attack, thanks to Red/Blue Fire Shield, Stoneskin and Mirror Image. (*the* most useful Level 2 Spell) And Mages will stand little or no chance against you thanks to the fact that you are, after all, a *epic* level Mage.

The mage is also equipped with a incredible amount of AoE-spells that damage all but him/her self (Wich is handy for a Solo char. My Party-Mage often cleared our HUDGE numbers of monsters while his party memebers just sat back and watched, in the roob he came from). When you get your hands on Mislead, Simcularum (sp?), Time Stop, Imrpoved Alcatry, and Contigence(again... sp?)-(kind of spells) you can't even be dealt with by suprise-attacks.

I'd like to se the creature that could deal with a 8/31 F/M, with Staff of the Magi, Robe of Vecna and Amulet of Power (Not to mention a nice little 21 Strenght Gridle, and a powerful Two-handed weapon for those times when you feel like gettign into the heat of battle).

I killed The Prince of Deamons without even the slightest bit of trouble with this near-god like Solo, and Melissan didn't prove much of a challenge, neither.

Andbody got anything better? (I'm asking this question 'cuz I've... well... answered all the other intresting Topisc in this place )

And now.... showing-off a little...

i r0X j00 $upr3m3! Mw4h4h4h4h4h4!!!

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P

Edited by - EcThelion on 18 Jan 2004 20:53:37

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  20:52:11  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would say a Elf fighter/mage in the highest lv. you could get without reaching the exp. cap. if you have two or three similarcums it can be really fun, and I think you can get at least 4 and thats like a army of yourself.

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  20:55:33  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You are, ofcourse, thinking of a Simuclarum casting cimuclarum?
When you cast Simuclarum you are rendered immunie to that sepll (ie. you can't cast it on yourself again, untill the 'clone' has disappeared/timer has run out)...

Right?

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  20:58:31  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You cant?
Dindent know that, think I did it once but maybe it was just a dream.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  21:02:40  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am, ofcourse, not 100% shure of this... wait a minute let me check (If you get the IEIE v.40, from www.teamBG.com and lot of other stuff you can open spells and look at them, etc.)

I'll check it out. I may be wrong.

Edited by - EcThelion on 18 Jan 2004 21:18:16
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  21:09:54  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah yes! Here it is!
*blow dust of the tome marked with "SPWI804"*
No we shall see...
*reads through the details of the spell*
Ahh... yes. The tome clearly sais that if the spell has been cast upon the mage once it cannot be cast again untill the previous projection has expired.

It seems that you muat be mistaken, my good man... err... I eamn "Most honourable Elf". You can, though manipulate the spell (CHEAT! CHEAT! CHEAT!) so that it is indeed possible to cast it several times.

And you could experiment with spells such as casting a Project Image spell, make it cast Simulacrum, make it disappear, cast *another* Image, make it again cast Simulacrum, and so on and so forth. That might work.

Though. If you were to do such a thing the... 'fake' Simulacrums would not have any items (The Simulacrum do't have any 'real' items, only 'fake' ones, with the same effects at the ones that the caster has. When a caster with 'fake' items cast Simulacrum the Simulacrum thinks that the caster doesn't have any items at all... kinda complicated...)

It is, tough, not unlikely that you have been dreaming, good Elf

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  21:59:41  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I guess so, but you must admitd that it would have been cool, but it would well be to powerful. And I wonder, if you dual class a charackter from fighter to mage will he be able to use fighter weapons and still lock like a mage?
And do I smell a bit sarcasm in thge way you say: " most honereble elf"?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2004 :  23:57:18  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
He will look like a Fighter.

I do, though, allways change him to a Mage again, for the feel of it. (Shadowkeeper. Woe me!) Altho the game crashes sometimes, as the Mage 'paperdoll' lacks soem of the animations that the Fighter 'paperoll' has. (Looks kinda cool so see a mage dual-wielding 2 Glowing Scimitars, though ^^)

An, as for the "Most Honourable Elf" phrase I shall now no longer call you ""Most Honourable Elf"", but rather "Most Honourable Elf".

(heehee. Get it?)

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  16:09:36  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Forgotten One

He will look like a Fighter.

I do, though, allways change him to a Mage again, for the feel of it. (Shadowkeeper. Woe me!) Altho the game crashes sometimes, as the Mage 'paperdoll' lacks soem of the animations that the Fighter 'paperoll' has. (Looks kinda cool so see a mage dual-wielding 2 Glowing Scimitars, though ^^)

An, as for the "Most Honourable Elf" phrase I shall now no longer call you ""Most Honourable Elf"", but rather "Most Honourable Elf".

(heehee. Get it?)

No not really, but you are showing some tendens of insanety so it do not really suprise me.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2004 :  16:31:51  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good!

Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  10:03:37  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to Dan Simpson and the boys at Gamefaqs, the Fighter/mage/cleric and fighter/mage/thiefs make the best soloists.

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2004 :  11:13:51  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bah. The Fighter-part is useless anyways, ehen you've got a mage with 5 in Quarter Staff, and 2 in Two-Handed Weapon Mastery. Anything you cannot wack to death with your magically enchanted stick, then, you can allways kill off with a spell.

My Fighter/Mage even killed 4 Cowled Wizards with his staff alone. And with the Ring of Gaxx what could you need the Cleircs' healign spells for? The only time You'll have time to heal yourseldf will be right before you rest and the 3HP-per-sec regen will completely heal you every time you rest anyway.

The Thief might be usefull, though, but that won't allow you to get to the 'epic' levels. (Neither will the F/M/C, mind you.)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000