Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Clariburnus Tanthul
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  03:09:42  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
His forgotten realm Wiki has been added to recently with a large number of things.

"The Prince of Shade often attacks Valindra Shadowmantle and her Thayan forces with the Gray Wolf Tribe as the front line. He wishes to close the Shadowfell portal inside the Dread Ring all the while keeping the Thayans reeling. In order to do this, he has sent the Mythallar of Kolthunral to invade the Thayan city of Surcross to end Thayan presence in Shadowfell. "

What sourcebook is this information coming from? And where did Shade get yet another Mythellar?

Or is it all fanfic on FR wikipedia

Edited by - Firestorm on 05 Nov 2012 14:23:39

Xar Zarath
Senior Scribe

Malaysia
552 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  05:41:29  Show Profile Send Xar Zarath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No i think its from the Neverwinter sourcebook, though I was surprised to read this as well. Apparently a new mythallar is up and running and is being used to fight off Thay, this may be in some books or in preparation of the new Neverwinter online game...

Everything ends where it begins. Period.

Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  08:03:57  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dont underestimate the Shadovar. The Thayans are fools to pick a fight a Shade Enclave.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  08:15:09  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
90% of what I read on Clariburnus Tanthul's entry I never heard of. Could be tied to a game.

Never read the Neverwinter novels, but if RAS features a direct, out-in-the-open clash between Thay and Shade, then that'd be the very first RAS book I'd read and finish.

[The Wiki writer didn't even get to spell the prince's name right. It's not Clairburnus. It's Clariburnus.]

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 29 Oct 2012 13:53:23
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  09:18:05  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

Dont underestimate the Shadovar. The Thayans are fools to pick a fight a Shade Enclave.

I think the Shade underestimate the rest of Faerun to be honest.

The driving force in the multiverse is evil, for it forces good to act.
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  09:30:30  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Underestimating Thay would be just as deadly
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  09:32:08  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

90% of what I read on Clariburnus Tanthul's entry I never heard of. Could be tied to a game.

Never read the Neverwinter novels, but if RAS features a direct, out-in-the-open clash between Thay and Shade, then that'd be the very first RAS book I'd read and finish.

[The Wiki writer didn't even get to spell the prince's name right. It's not Clairburnus. It's Clariburnus.]

Thus far, its been guerilla warefare between Thayans and Shadovar junior commanders nobody has ever heard of with Szass tam making a cameo here and there.
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  11:03:50  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's from the Neverwinter Campaign Setting for 4E.

The Shadovar are exploring the ruined city of Xinlenal and trying to repair the mythallar so that it will fly again. And, yes, they fight against the Red Wizards whose Dread Ring is nearby.

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  13:26:53  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

quote:

Maybe but since Thay hasn't smashed the Zhentarium or indeed managed to conquer even one of their surrounding kingdom and has just one visionary leader i.e. ol Tam I think the Shadovar can probably take them.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  13:46:44  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Zhentarim are not smashed, why do people always think that?
They still exist, the Shades raised Zhentil Keep and the Citadel of the Raven but they did not destroy the organisation. Mind you, the developers move to have the Church of Bane sever ties makes no sense and the reason that Fzoul died is not a very convincing one, Bane did ressurect him. The only reason the Zhentarim were weakened was because the developers wanted the Shades to be what they never were to begin with, a villain force bound to dominate all of Faerun. The Netheril never made attempts to control all of Faerun, the Shades only did so since 4e.
The only thing that makes the Shade powerfull are their cities that float, but as soon as one of them gets downed it is a very quick fall back to a minor power.
The Shades are not the only ones to have skilled mages and they have not infinite numbers, a war on several fronts will bring them down.
They are nothing more than an overstyled villain force but they never will reach the same reputation as the Zhentarim have.

Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  15:00:15  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Lord Bane, but that sounds like bias speaking on your part. The Zhentarim have quite a reputation in the novels as being bumbling and inept. If we're falling back on arguments that X is only the way it is because the designers wanted it to be, then that also applies to Y and Z. Everything exists according to the agenda of the designers, and I think it lessens the enjoyment of a fantasy world to constantly step outside it in that manner. The problem with your theory of Shade only being powerful because of flying cities is that nobody has shown they can take away this advantage. In ROTA, Mystra's couldn't topple Shade Enclave. Cyric's right hand man couldn't do it from the inside. Cormyr hasn't been able to do it. However, they did make enemies of the Abolethic Sovereignty when fighting over Neverwinter, and I wouldn't be surprised if Far Realm, reality warping psions triumph where wizards and sorcerors have failed.

You are correct that a war on several fronts will destroy the Shadovar. They are still fighting a cold war with Cormyr. If Elminster is successful in revitalizing Cormyr's war wizards and ousting Manshoon from the realm, the Netherese do not want to be distracted by Szass Tam. Especially considering that Tam's minions are largely expendable. And although they committed genocide against the phaerimm, I would not expect that ancient thorn in Netheril's side to be extinct just yet. They also have the malaugrym still roaming around, and surely not having forgotten about their past wars. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, Mask and his Chosen are set to return in Paul Kemp's novel The Godborn. I think this will be where the Shar and her empire truly get their punishment, because Mask had a plan he set in motion millenia ago to bring Shar down a notch.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  15:44:29  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll go for the Zhentarim hands down.

One of the greatest injustices done to that organization is make them look like fools. Ed's own recent work points out that they should never have been treated like that.

As for Tanthul, he is a powerful individual and I wouldn't underestimate him either.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  16:57:16  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilianviaten
Sorry Lord Bane, but that sounds like bias speaking on your part.

I wouldnīt say it is bias. Yes the Zhentarim are my favorite evil organisation but i do not say that they are the ultimate force.
I say that when it comes down to being a threat the Shades, leaving the cities out of the picture, are less dangerous than what the Zhentarim were before 4e came around for the simple fact that they did not possess the numbers or were connected across Faerun with multiple allies (speaking of 3e).
The only thing that makes the Shade so special are their cities, thatīs it.
I agree with you that i would see the Phaerimm still lurking around and we know that they did cause the downfall of the Netherese before which could mean that the Shades will have a nasty surprise, or the Malaugrym or the Aboleths throwing punches at them.
But when it comes to naming the most notorious organisation in the Realms, the majority would go with the Zhentarim for the simple fact that with how they were set up they did embody a perfect villain group who people loved to oppose, now take a look at the Shades, it is just not the same.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  17:28:34  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Maybe but since Thay hasn't smashed the Zhentarium or indeed managed to conquer even one of their surrounding kingdom and has just one visionary leader i.e. ol Tam I think the Shadovar can probably take them.
They can, but at a considberably great dent on their resoures, something their other enemies might take advantage of.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  17:46:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a little bit from when I asked about Kolthunral...

quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I believe (and I've checked with the James brothers and Ari, who wrote that section) that Kolthunral is a previously-unknown enclave, and that the NWCS is its first known appearance. I hesitate to offer more lore about it, in case WotC plans to release something more about it. I currently have a sending out to the powers that be--we'll see.

Cheers

Kolthunral has a brief description, with little info and no history, in the Neverwinter book. It doesn't really match other Netherese enclaves in form, so I'm thinking the Shades found and repaired a mythallar and mounted it on a hunk of rock specifically to use it as a gigantic floating siege engine.

I was not pleased with how little was said about it in the Neverwinter book, especially with the absence of any kind of history. As I commented to Erik, I understand wanting to leave doors open, but with nothing at all said, I don't even know where the doors are.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 27 Oct 2012 17:47:48
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  17:49:53  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Bane

quote:

I don't think so. I pointed this out many times in the past: When Ordulin was ravaged by the Shadowstorm, the Most High gave Rivalen an explicit order to end it quickly, least they would attract the attention of Faerun's powerful. It's indication enough that he---and by extension, Shade---would not want direct confrontration with powerful enemies if he can help it. They could have easily taken Sembia by force, but manipulation served the better way. They recognized the kind of threat Sembia's forces would be if they united against their attempt to conquer them, hence they did their best to prevent such 'unity.'

Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  18:45:58  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I actually think that there isn't much of a reason why Shade doesn't rule most of the Sword Coast, Heartlands, Cormyr, Dalelands and the Moonsea during the 4e era. Since, all the capable individuals were killed of as part of the transition. Also, all of the armies of nations that generally oppose the Shadovar were decimated. Meanwhile, the shadovar basically made it threw the transition without any significant damage(conveniently like virtually every other primarily evil nation in Faerun). There really isn't anyone to stand in the Shadovar's way. The Shades have something like 13 epic level Princes compared to 1st lvl PCs and NPCs that have to at all times be weaker than the PCs to prevent the dreaded spotlight theft.

Edit: I actually forgot to list the North in my initial reply with the possible exception of the Kingdom of Many Arrows.

quote:
When Ordulin was ravaged by the Shadowstorm, the Most High gave Rivalen an explicit order to end it quickly, least they would attract the attention of Faerun's powerful.

That was a different time, during 4e Faerun's powerful amount to Szass Tam, Manshoon and the Princes of Shade. The Shadowstorm occurred during the era when there were archmages, high mages, and nations with armies that could threaten Shade.

Tarlyn Embersun

Edited by - Tarlyn on 28 Oct 2012 00:24:35
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  20:56:14  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Here's a little bit from when I asked about Kolthunral...

quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

I believe (and I've checked with the James brothers and Ari, who wrote that section) that Kolthunral is a previously-unknown enclave, and that the NWCS is its first known appearance. I hesitate to offer more lore about it, in case WotC plans to release something more about it. I currently have a sending out to the powers that be--we'll see.

Cheers

Kolthunral has a brief description, with little info and no history, in the Neverwinter book. It doesn't really match other Netherese enclaves in form, so I'm thinking the Shades found and repaired a mythallar and mounted it on a hunk of rock specifically to use it as a gigantic floating siege engine.

I was not pleased with how little was said about it in the Neverwinter book, especially with the absence of any kind of history. As I commented to Erik, I understand wanting to leave doors open, but with nothing at all said, I don't even know where the doors are.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing that, Wooly. I hope to hear more about that enclave soon, preferably in novels.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  21:47:37  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

They are nothing more than an overstyled villain force but they never will reach the same reputation as the Zhentarim have.
I can sense your bias. But you can say the same to me, considering.... In all seriousness, though, I think I'd be pissed off also if I learn of my favorite organization's 'downfall' in just a one-liner from a sourcebook. That's why I suggest that any major shifts of power----the fall and rise of major organizations in Toril----should be detailed in full in the novels.

I don't think they'd worry about 'reputation' too much. The whole Faerun already recognize them as a big threat.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2012 :  22:02:05  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tarlyn

quote:
When Ordulin was ravaged by the Shadowstorm, the Most High gave Rivalen an explicit order to end it quickly, least they would attract the attention of Faerun's powerful.
That was a different time, during 4e Faerun's powerful amount to Szass Tam, Manshoon and the Princes of Shade. The Shadowstorm occurred during the era when there were archmages, high mages, and nations with armies that could threaten Shade.
Many archmages recovered from the Spellplague, Szass Tam included, and from what little we've known, Larloch, too. Plus, the SP affected magic-users randomly; meaning, while some were severly incapacitated, others were left unscathed. In other words, there are more than enough archwizards alive today to stop them. Besides, if there aren't, we should have already seen them doing some killing spree, eliminating their enemies at whim. Also, Elminster has noted that at present, the Shadovar are considerably 'weakened.' Whatever the reason for that, we are yet to see.

Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2012 :  00:09:02  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I actually think that there isn't much of a reason why Shade doesn't rule most of the Sword Coast, Heartlands, Cormyr, Dalelands and the Moonsea during the 4e era. Since, all the capable individuals were killed of as part of the transition. Also, all of the armies of nations that generally oppose the Shadovar were decimated. Meanwhile, the shadovar basically made it threw the transition without any significant damage(conveniently like virtually every other primarily evil nation in Faerun). There really isn't anyone to stand in the Shadovar's way. The Shades have something like 13 epic level Princes compared to 1st lvl PCs and NPCs that have to at all times be weaker than the PCs to prevent the dreaded spotlight theft.

quote:

We do know that Tam replaced the Zulkir's, mostly with other undead Zulkir's, according to Malark. Who is to say how powerful they are? Some non-Zulkir wizards in Thay were more powerful than existing Zulkir's.

It is also unclear what "weakened" the shadovar. Elminster dropped a tidbit but failed to Elaborate.

In any case, Armies make a difference, and Thay's army scares me more than the Shades. The Shades themselves had a formidable army, but not large in numbers. Even adding Sembia, yes it gave them an economic workhorse. But if you put 100 Sembians against 50 thayans, my money would be on the Thayan's. Put a few Shadovar in charge and it makes it closer to even, but still...
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2012 :  00:23:17  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Many archmages recovered from the Spellplague, Szass Tam included, and from what little we've known, Larloch, too. Plus, the SP affected magic-users randomly; meaning, while some were severly incapacitated, others were left unscathed. In other words, there are more than enough archwizards alive today to stop them.

Try naming a few of the confirmed surviving (old or new additions)archmages or even epic strength priest prior to the release of the Sage of Shadowdale triology that are based in the Sword Coast, the North, Cormyr, the Dalelands and the Moonsea. Btw Elminster doesn't counter since he collapses into a drooling idiot after casting a single spell, which means he isn't going to be winning any spell duels with Shadovar Princes.

quote:

Besides, if there aren't, we should have already seen them doing some killing spree, eliminating their enemies at whim.

I actually don't think the 4e story team could explain to you why from a world design perspective the Shades are waiting.

quote:
Also, Elminster has noted that at present, the Shadovar are considerably 'weakened.' Whatever the reason for that, we are yet to see.

IMO this is a retroactive change that is an example of the new team cleaning up the 4e realms. I think it is a good change, but it is damage control and the results of leadership good at world design being in charge.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2012 :  01:44:32  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Besides, if there aren't, we should have already seen them doing some killing spree, eliminating their enemies at whim.

I actually don't think the 4e story team could explain to you why from a world design perspective the Shades are waiting.

quote:

Also, Elminster has noted that at present, the Shadovar are considerably 'weakened.' Whatever the reason for that, we are yet to see.
IMO this is a retroactive change that is an example of the new team cleaning up the 4e realms. I think it is a good change, but it is damage control and the results of leadership good at world design being in charge.
The two points are most likely related. Though I wouldn't call it "waiting." More like re-evaluating their best options after their enigmatic "weakening."

I wouldn't call the 'cleaning up' a good move. At least, not yet. Experience taught me that sometimes WotC is good at promises but poor at implementation. I'll just have to wait and see, and for the meantime present some conjectures (in another thread which I'm about to start).

Edited by - Dennis on 28 Oct 2012 01:47:39
Go to Top of Page

Tarlyn
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2012 :  01:59:35  Show Profile Send Tarlyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I wouldn't call the 'cleaning up' a good move. At least, not yet. Experience taught me that sometimes WotC is good at promises but poor at implementation. I'll just have to wait and see, and for the meantime present some conjectures (in another thread which I'm about to start).

I was attempting to be optimistic about the upcoming changes, but I am also on the fence as to whether I will use 5e Realms myself. Currently, information on what exactly is changing is to vague to make a call. However, after reading close to half of Ed's newest source book, I am willing to at least hope. WotC did just proved they can publish good material.

In regard, to the Shadovar's weakening I view their weakening as likely to include a reduction in Shar granted powers and not an actual reduction in levels, but only time will tell.

Tarlyn Embersun
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2012 :  08:32:11  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

The two points are most likely related. Though I wouldn't call it "waiting." More like re-evaluating their best options after their enigmatic "weakening."

Agreed. I was once a MTG player too!

Boy did that game get ruined for a cash grab
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2012 :  11:38:04  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

They can, but at a considberably great dent on their resoures, something their other enemies might take advantage of.

Thats one of the reasons why the Most High hasnt invaded Thay and instead is just having a small scale guerrilla war in Neverwinter. The Shades are to intelligent to be dragged into the quagmire that is Thay nowadays. They know that they are surrounded by enemies and have to pick their fights.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Bane
Senior Scribe

Germany
479 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2012 :  20:41:54  Show Profile Send Lord Bane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Shades are fighting against Thay openly already. They besiege Surcross.

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2012 :  21:03:11  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[The Wiki writer didn't even get to spelling of the prince's name right. It's not Clairburnus. It's Clariburnus.]

It's really more skirmishes, with a small Shade force occupying the city and proxi forces under the control of Thay(a minor, expendable Asmodeus cult that the Lord of the Nine loaned to Tam) under the control of a rather unimpressive Thayan wizard hiding out in the woods.

It's all secondary to the plot and really not particularly flattering to either side.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2012 :  22:12:52  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Asmodeus

quote:

[The Wiki writer didn't even get to spelling of the prince's name right. It's not Clairburnus. It's Clariburnus.]

It's really more skirmishes, with a small Shade force occupying the city and proxi forces under the control of Thay(a minor, expendable Asmodeus cult that the Lord of the Nine loaned to Tam) under the control of a rather unimpressive Thayan wizard hiding out in the woods.

It's all secondary to the plot and really not particularly flattering to either side.
Haha. Sounds unremarkable and boring. I'd probably deign to read it if and only if Szass Tam actually fights Telamont himself, or one of the princes. Or at the very least, if they rally a sizeable chunk of their armies against the other.

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2012 :  23:03:40  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Asmodeus

quote:

Haha. Sounds unremarkable and boring. I'd probably deign to read it if and only if Szass Tam actually fights Telamont himself, or one of the princes. Or at the very least, if they rally a sizeable chunk of their armies against the other.

Yea, it really is.

Tam shows up briefly in Gauntlgrym and Neverwinter Wood, in the former to talk up RAS' new character Dahlia, and in the latter to belittle one of his subordinates.

Neither Telamont or any of the princes show up; the commander of the Shade forces is a fairly minor warlord who reports to a warlock within the Shade enclave who seemed to be of some rank, but certainly below the princes. I don't think it's ever mentioned if they have a specific interest in what's going on in Neverwinter or it's just the one warlock's side project.

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2012 :  06:01:34  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, that sounds a little judgmental for not having looked at the book. Don't make a snap judgment based on one bad review.

The "open door" on the new enclave should have been a ddi article, but alas, it is what it is. Maybe we'll see it expanded in the future. Or it'll end up featured in the crpg.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 29 Oct 2012 06:35:59
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000