Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Rappan Athuk - anyone made it through?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2012 :  14:54:55  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just interested if anyone has successfully run rappan athuk in full, and guided a party through it.

??

seems quite tough for me

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  05:01:12  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A little thread necromancy is in order.

I owned the first book in this set and always intended to plunder bits of it for my regular (at the time) 3E Realms campaign, but I never quite got around to using it.

In the interim I've since paired down my RPG collection and I think I ended up giving that adventure over to a used bookstore.

I never purchased Rappan Athuk 2 or 3 (or Rappan Athuk Reloaded). In fact I didn't even know they existed until I found them on DriveThru RPG this evening.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2013 :  20:56:00  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have seen many many adventures and adventure paths. But man, this lets even undermountain look like a playground for children....

Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2013 :  10:57:41  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be honest, I've never heard of this before, but now I'm stashing money to buy the 'reloaded' version. If there are any other gems like this please share them. I'm always in the market for good content (especially where new/creative/inventive magic is to be had).

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2013 :  21:39:11  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hehe. It is the toughsst du geon i have seen so far. Just the wilderness area is incredibly tough to start with.
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2013 :  23:23:58  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hey arcana, if you want to look at RA, FGG has made a pathfinder version ... updated substantially from "Reloaded"

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2013 :  02:04:23  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
coach can you provide a link? I dunno what FGG is.

Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2013 :  02:04:57  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
coach can you provide a link? I dunno what FGG is.

Go to Top of Page

ksu_bond
Learned Scribe

New Zealand
214 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2013 :  02:20:54  Show Profile Send ksu_bond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FGG = Frog God Games ... http://paizo.com/products/btpy8ual
Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2013 :  07:17:55  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakuta Khan

I have seen many many adventures and adventure paths. But man, this lets even undermountain look like a playground for children....

It make's Undermountain look like a playground?! Seriously?!? (I mean, I always knew there were more difficult adventures out there, but it's still a little hard to swallow.)
Go to Top of Page

Jakuta Khan
Senior Scribe

496 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2013 :  12:40:30  Show Profile Send Jakuta Khan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
just as an example, in the wilderness area even before entering the dungeon, the party can, and not even has to try too hard, into a troupe of almost 70 trolls.

that is pretty frekking hard already. and just one example.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000