Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Why haven't YOU bought Shadowbane?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  07:34:27  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

I did not know about the Last Legend of Gedrin Shadowbane or Chosen of the Sword @@ I'm reading Eye of Justice, but I'm reading other Realms books as well, so I haven't finished it. Plus, I'm in college, so that eats up my time.
I have to say though, Kalen is pretty awesome :)
Your approval makes me content, and I'm glad you enjoy!

Consider posting a review on Amazon when you're done!

Also, good luck with the college thing. It's fun and hard work, no lie.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  08:15:52  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Started reading at Shadowbane without realizing it wasn't the first in the series- mainly picked it up due to it's Abyssal Plague connection.

Have to tell you, Erik, I think you like the belligerent sexual tension trope considerably more than I do.

I'm not quite finished with it yet. Overall I find it enjoyable; I like that Kalen in't the biggest badass on the block, always good to find a protagonist that gets beaten down some. I really liked the inclusion of a voidsoul genasi; my reaction was along the lines of "Hey, someone else remembered those things exist!".

There wouldn't happen to be a statblock for Sithe laying around anywhere, would there?

"Then I saw there was a way to Hell even from the gates of Heaven"
- John Bunyan, Pilgrim's Progress

Fatum Iustum Stultorum. Righteous is the destiny of fools.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
http://theroleplayersgazebo.yuku.com/directory#.Ub4hvvlJOAY
Go to Top of Page

LastStand
Learned Scribe

130 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  12:35:45  Show Profile Send LastStand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I enjoy books made of paper.

That said: I very much enjoyed Downshadow and might make an exception for Shadowbane.

"Don't. The battlegrounds that you and I have returned from alive are too different."

~ Claymore ch106

Edited by - LastStand on 12 Oct 2012 12:37:19
Go to Top of Page

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  13:53:03  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any chance Shadowbane may make Rise of the Underdark, as Myrin seems like a perfect candidate to be coveted by the Drow now?

Currently reading: Spider and Stone by Jaleigh Johnson: Sequel to Mistshore
Go to Top of Page

Laeknir
Seeker

68 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  15:45:56  Show Profile  Visit Laeknir's Homepage Send Laeknir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't buy WotC books. When I want a particular title, I borrow it from the library (yep, even e-books, my city library is great).

At the end of the day, I refuse to buy from a company that (IMO) has progressively destroyed an IP that I used to really love. It's not just about 4E, though that was a major deciding factor to stop. Recent changes and plans haven't budged me on this, considering that not only are they keeping 4E as part of the timeline, they are retaining and emphasizing elements that I really detest (Cyric, AO, the culled Drow pantheon, the 100-yr time jump, spellplague-powerz, Far Realms, Abeir, and the idea that gods are avatars of some other god - Talos/Gruumsh).

What I don't like, I don't support with my money. Nothing personal, and nothing you're likely to fix anytime soon. Sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  16:07:07  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Asmodeus

Started reading at Shadowbane without realizing it wasn't the first in the series- mainly picked it up due to it's Abyssal Plague connection.
Gotcha. Did it follow up on Sword of the Gods to your approval?

quote:
Have to tell you, Erik, I think you like the belligerent sexual tension trope considerably more than I do.
Heh, well there is a little of that. It's not the focus of the book, but yes, sexual tension is one of those things that drives a plot.

quote:
I'm not quite finished with it yet. Overall I find it enjoyable; I like that Kalen in't the biggest badass on the block, always good to find a protagonist that gets beaten down some.
Well, if you finish it and still like it and feel so inclined, consider posting a review online. Amazon is the best choice!

quote:
I really liked the inclusion of a voidsoul genasi; my reaction was along the lines of "Hey, someone else remembered those things exist!".
Totally. I love that combination.

quote:
There wouldn't happen to be a statblock for Sithe laying around anywhere, would there?
Why yes, actually. Check out the Exclusive Web Content (Free!) on my website.

quote:
Originally posted by LastStand

I enjoy books made of paper.
That said: I very much enjoyed Downshadow and might make an exception for Shadowbane.
So do I, and as I mentioned before, I'm keen on encouraging WotC to produce actual paper copies, whether individually, through Print-on-Demand, or as part of an omnibus. The key is making sure the books sell well, so that WotC decides they might be worth turning into paper copies.

I can't make any promises on this point, but the more copies you sell and the more reviews you post and the more people you hype the Shadowbane story to, the more likely it is that paper copies will get printed.

quote:
Originally posted by phranctoast

Any chance Shadowbane may make Rise of the Underdark, as Myrin seems like a perfect candidate to be coveted by the Drow now?

That's a compelling idea, and while there are no plans currently (WotC is pouring all its resources into this Sundering business), it's entirely possible you might see a story to that effect one day. If you've read SB: EOJ, then you know Myrin is *especially* closely linked with the drow in a particular way . . .

@Laeknir: I understand and respect that. Lots of those things either I or someone else is actively working to fix. (Specifically, I'm working on filling in the 100 year time skip at the moment, and their Sundering plan takes care of AO, the drow pantheon, the Spellplague, Abeir, and the divine combinations.) If at some point in the future you decide you want to come back, you're more than welcome, but until then, those of us designers/authors who are conscientious and care about the setting as deeply as you have will be working to earn your trust and support, just like with everyone else.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  16:42:50  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I never got around to it, but from all I have heard, I really want to read Downshadow and Shadowbane!

For some reason the chapters does not carry it and I have no spare cash at the moment(or time)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  17:18:22  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

I never got around to it, but from all I have heard, I really want to read Downshadow and Shadowbane!
For some reason the chapters does not carry it and I have no spare cash at the moment(or time)
Alas, Downshadow is out of print by itself--if you want a physical copy, you probably have to buy the Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep 1 omnibus (which contains Blackstaff Tower, Mistshore, and Downshadow)--and Shadowbane has no physical copy--you'd need to download that as an ebook to read it.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  17:45:44  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Laeknir

Recent changes and plans haven't budged me on this, considering that not only are they keeping 4E as part of the timeline (...)

Deleting the Spellplague and everything that came after it would be simply horrible.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  18:03:04  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Regardless, WotC is NOT deleting the Spellplague or what came after. 5e embraces all lore from all editions and all eras.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  19:26:03  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie
If you've read SB: EOJ, then you know Myrin is *especially* closely linked with the drow in a particular way . . .

I must have missed that.

EOJ Spoiler.

She seems linked to the shadow weave as well as the normal weave now after taking from Fox At Twilight.

I brought the Drow up since until EOJ, everyones been wanting to tap into her potential for magic and have been coveting her for that. I'm under the impression that she's one of the "blue flamed" items that contain Mystras essence and will be needed for Mystras resurrection.

Currently reading: Spider and Stone by Jaleigh Johnson: Sequel to Mistshore
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  22:45:36  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting theories! Ah, Shadowbane 4 would answer so many questions. If only...

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2012 :  01:42:28  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Heh. You probably know my answer already before I even post it.
I'm partial to wizards, and usually dislike knights, paladins, and the like.
Oh indeed, Dennis, I know your tastes. No doubt you'll find nothing at all appealing about ruggedly sexy Kalen Dren and his increasing magical powers. Instead, I suggest you read the series for my amnesiac wizard Myrin who--as of Shadowbane--is an equally lead character. Sure, the series is named after Kalen, but we all know she's pretty awesome.

To paraphrase a line from Downshadow, when a freshly memory-less Myrin is eating morning feast with the other characters and she casually mage hands a spoon to herself, drawing incredulous stares: "What? Can't everyone do that?"

That's right. Where/when Myrin comes from, everyone CAN do that.

Cheers
You do realize that the paladin would most likely ruin my reading experience, right? That would be like the time I saw Meet the Fockers---the story's fun enough, with an amazing cast; except, Owen Wilson ruined it for me. Hated him.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2012 :  02:41:30  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

Alas, Downshadow is out of print by itself--if you want a physical copy, you probably have to buy the Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep 1 omnibus (which contains Blackstaff Tower, Mistshore, and Downshadow)--and Shadowbane has no physical copy--you'd need to download that as an ebook to read it.

Cheers

Well crap.

I need an old school book. Kindles and i do not get along. Not to mention all my money is going towards the twins right now. reading on the computer doesn't happen....usually all my reading is done on the bus and food breaks at work
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2012 :  03:09:01  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Asmodeus

Gotcha. Did it follow up on Sword of the Gods to your approval?

It was certainly interesting and painted a fairly horrific portrait of what the plague would do to a populous that was completely ignorant of it and unprepared to deal with it. Though I probably need to thumb through Sword of the Gods again because I remember Scour having been dealt with in that book via barrels of oil and fire.

quote:
quote:
Heh, well there is a little of that. It's not the focus of the book, but yes, sexual tension is one of those things that drives a plot.

It's more the belligerence rather than the sexual tension that turns me off, but that's a personal quirk. I'm the kind of guy who, when I see two people arguing to hide the fact they're really into each other, I will loudly(and in less polite language) say "Get a room, you two!". I don't know; when I want someone, I go for them, and people who push the ones they want away I find hard to relate to.

quote:
quote:
I'm not quite finished with it yet. Overall I find it enjoyable; I like that Kalen in't the biggest badass on the block, always good to find a protagonist that gets beaten down some.
Well, if you finish it and still like it and feel so inclined, consider posting a review online. Amazon is the best choice!

I'll let you know if I do.

quote:
quote:
I really liked the inclusion of a voidsoul genasi; my reaction was along the lines of "Hey, someone else remembered those things exist!".
Totally. I love that combination.

It's a shame they're undersupported, but they're certainly one of the more interesting player races. I'm curious; how much of Sithe' attitude is based on her nature as opposed to her upbringing and religion?

quote:
quote:
Why yes, actually. Check out the Exclusive Web Content (Free!) on my website.

Thanks, that certainly helped.

I will say this; more than anything I loved the picture you painted of Luskan. If I ever get around to doing that "Many-Arrows invades and colonizes Luskan" plotline I was planning a couple years back, I'll probably end up modelling Luskan fairly close to what you've set up here.

Might even borrow Eden as an npc; been a while since I've read a villain that I hated for all the right reasons; strong, capable, intelligent, but petty, arrogant, and just a horribly flawed being. Have a tiefling avenger of Tymora who's got some dice to roll for her.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2012 :  03:59:09  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Gimme wood smashed to pulp for my reading please.

I don't actually mind reading on a computer...but if I have a choice, it is paper for me all the way.

I'm slowly catching up on my reading; but fantasy has been taking a bit of a hit in my world...I'll get to reading the book "some day" I'm sure!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2012 :  04:09:44  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paper is an eventual goal. Tell WotC that you want print on demand. They need to know people want physical books.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Asmodeus
Master of Realmslore

1221 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2012 :  04:21:23  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Asmodeus's Homepage Send Chosen of Asmodeus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally I'm fine with e-books. Save a tree.

The Roleplayer's Gazebo;
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2012 :  15:03:04  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I want a physical copy...
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2012 :  17:50:42  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

You do realize that the paladin would most likely ruin my reading experience, right?
I don't think that would happen, honestly. He's more a thief than a paladin, starts off with a persistent stoneskin effect, and as the story progresses, he can access some pretty awesome magical powers.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  07:37:07  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Interesting theories! Ah, Shadowbane 4 would answer so many questions. If only...

Cheers

Wait...there isn't going to be a 4th one? I still haven't finished Eye of Justice, but there is so much going on and so much potentional...

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  12:33:42  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have Downshadow and enjoyed it but as there are no proper novels for the rest of the series, I dont intend to continue reading it. ( no offense to anyone but I don't consider e books to be proper novels and am not interested in purchasing them).
Go to Top of Page

canikoblivan
Acolyte

Turkey
43 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  14:56:58  Show Profile  Visit canikoblivan's Homepage Send canikoblivan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I haven't bought Shadowbane purely because it's an e-book-only release. I'm against reading novels digitally; I have to feel the book in my hands, smell its papers, and gaze at the beauty of its cover..

I wish it would be released as a paperback though, I'd love to read the continuation of Shadowbane's adventures.

Oh, and I even approached a printing house owner that I know to have it printed in the paperback format after purchasing the e-book(I know, it's illegal, but I have to own every FR novel in paperback, one way or another! =)), turns out it costs a lot to print a single book. Unbelieveable! Right? =)

Edited by - canikoblivan on 15 Oct 2012 14:58:06
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  16:06:17  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

quote:

Wait...there isn't going to be a 4th one? I still haven't finished Eye of Justice, but there is so much going on and so much potentional...
Oh, there will be a 4th one. I'm going to write it. The question is whether WotC will buy it and publish it. At the moment, I have no contract for a fourth Shadowbane novel--the majority of their writers got shut down going into the Sundering event, and the book department is focusing all their resources on those six books. It leaves writers like me, Jaleigh, Bruce, Lisa, Rosemary, etc., out in the cold for a while, and we can only hope that WotC picks our stories back up when they're able to expand beyond the Sundering.

If you want to do something about this, pressure WotC to publish more Shadowbane and other non-Sundering novels. Post reviews of the Shadowbane series (here's my guide to writing reviews), and talk it up to your friends. The more copies it moves, the better placed I am to continue the series.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  16:13:30  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

I have Downshadow and enjoyed it but as there are no proper novels for the rest of the series, I dont intend to continue reading it. ( no offense to anyone but I don't consider e books to be proper novels and am not interested in purchasing them).

I appreciate the "no offense meant" attitude, but that is indeed an offensive statement to those of us who have slaved months or even years to produce a novel, only to have it dismissed as "not a proper novel" because WotC (in their vast wisdom) decide (without consulting the author) to release it only as an ebook.

I personally understand what you mean, but I suggest you not diffuse this attitude elsewhere, so as not to anger a lot of people.

Also, I suspect you missed one of the points I made before, which is that I am trying my HARDEST to get to a place where paper copies are available. If this means print-on-demand, so be it. If it means an omnibus, so be it. If this just means pushing the series aggressively so more people buy it and WotC looks on it as a success, so be it.

Here's what I suggest you do, if you want to support the series and see the rest of it printed in paper format: Post a review of Downshadow (see my guide in the post above). In that review, state that you want to read the other novels in the series, but you need there to be a paper option. State that ebooks are not possible for you, and you are willing to pay extra for a paper copy.

Whew, that got a little serious, didn't it? Back to joviality.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  16:25:41  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, there will be a 4th one. I'm going to write it. The question is whether WotC will buy it and publish it. At the moment, I have no contract for a fourth Shadowbane novel--the majority of their writers got shut down going into the Sundering event, and the book department is focusing all their resources on those six books. It leaves writers like me, Jaleigh, Bruce, Lisa, Rosemary, etc., out in the cold for a while, and we can only hope that WotC picks our stories back up when they're able to expand beyond the Sundering.

This is probably the one big annoying thing about The Sundering, that other authors/characters/stories are left on the back burner until The Sundering is out of the way. If at least Helm is coming back (and I'm guessing he's one of the gods that will be returning) this should have particular relevance to Kalen.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Clad In Shadows
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  16:28:50  Show Profile Send Clad In Shadows a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I now have a tablet, so I can finally get the two books. But I haven't bought them yet because I still have Downshadow unread, sitting on my shelf. When I read that one, I will grab the next two from Amazon.

One thing that kinda bugs me, though, is that you're saying that Wizard needs to see sales in order to justify a print book. But at that point, wouldn't a great majority of the potential paper book sales already be gone to digital sales? I personally don't buy books twice. So if I were to buy the digital versions, I wouldn't be buying a physical copy if one were made available.

Either way, I will be buying the two Shadowbane books. But it'd just be my luck that they release a paper copy right after I buy the digital ones.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  16:48:29  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by canikoblivan

Oh, and I even approached a printing house owner that I know to have it printed in the paperback format after purchasing the e-book(I know, it's illegal, but I have to own every FR novel in paperback, one way or another! =)), turns out it costs a lot to print a single book. Unbelieveable! Right? =)
I know, right? Totally lame. This is one reason why traditional publishing is buckling under the weight of the booming ebook market.

quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

This is probably the one big annoying thing about The Sundering, that other authors/characters/stories are left on the back burner until The Sundering is out of the way. If at least Helm is coming back (and I'm guessing he's one of the gods that will be returning) this should have particular relevance to Kalen.
Absolutely!

If you feel strongly about it, post on WotC's boards.

quote:
Originally posted by Clad In Shadows

One thing that kinda bugs me, though, is that you're saying that Wizard needs to see sales in order to justify a print book. But at that point, wouldn't a great majority of the potential paper book sales already be gone to digital sales? I personally don't buy books twice. So if I were to buy the digital versions, I wouldn't be buying a physical copy if one were made available.

Either way, I will be buying the two Shadowbane books. But it'd just be my luck that they release a paper copy right after I buy the digital ones.
Kind of a catch-22, isn't it?

My suggestion would be this: buy digital copies for friends and family. Gift them. Then when a physical copy becomes available, get it for yourself!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

hawkytom
Seeker

USA
82 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  20:41:04  Show Profile Send hawkytom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Also, I suspect you missed one of the points I made before, which is that I am trying my HARDEST to get to a place where paper copies are available. If this means print-on-demand, so be it. If it means an omnibus, so be it. If this just means pushing the series aggressively so more people buy it and WotC looks on it as a success, so be it.

This is my hope! They are trying to phase out novels and I wont support that, enough time is already spent staring at digital screens. Everybody needs to continue to urge/harass publishers to keep printing books.

I'm glad your trying to get paper copies of your ebook only novels printed, so I can buy them!
If WotC belives the market wont support novels from authors besides Ed Greenwood and RAS then...Extra cost, print on demand, limited/collector's editions of these ebook exclusives is what I'm after!

If they refuse to print these novels then it's only a matter of time before a novel printing black market flourishes.

Any Lone Wolf fans? Old school gamebooks from the 80's? They are being re-released/updated, and new books 29-32 being written: http://www.mongoosepublishing.com/novels/lonewolfsolo.html

Forgotten Realms BOOKS owned: ALL of them! (ebooks?...NONE! ever)
Go to Top of Page

Sightless
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2012 :  23:07:59  Show Profile Send Sightless a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Umm Erick did you get my E-mail?

A simple yes, or no will be great. Sorry for the bug on this.

We choose to live a lie, when we see with, & not through the eye.

Every decision, no matter the evidence, is a leap of faith; if it were not, then it wouldn't be a choice at all.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000