Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Why haven't YOU bought Shadowbane?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  17:41:07  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
I've gone through a period of being really serious online (and on the boards) and it's time for a little more joviality. So I've started this baldly self-promotional poll (I swear, those answers are absolutely not biased! And I'm totally not lying!), and I encourage folks to have fun with it.

(Do NOT take this post seriously. Though the books are pretty darn good . . . he said without bias.)

Some Facts!
The Shadowbane series, for those who don't know, is the ongoing saga of one of my signature characters, Kalen "Shadowbane" Dren, the last true paladin of Helm, God of Guardians. A former thief inspired to become a divine warrior, Kalen takes up Vindicator, a sword sacred to Helm's faith, and carries the fight to the forces of shadow and darkness that beset his world. The Realms need a Guardian, and Shadowbane is that man, for better or worse.

The story begins in "The Last Legend of Gedrin Shadowbane", sees its first novel treatment in the Waterdeep-based urban adventure Downshadow (which is also part of the Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep series), continues through my free e-novella "Chosen of the Sword" (seriously--85 pages for free), then makes its way to Luskan (city of Kalen's birth) for Shadowbane, then (most recently) heads to Westgate and its many intrigues for Shadowbane: Eye of Justice, which came out just a month ago.

Some More Facts!
The story is small-scale, rather than RSE-based. The stakes are huge for the characters (particularly in regard to Kalen and his friend/ally/eventual romantic interest Myrin, an amnesiac wizard and heir to tremendous power), but they don't mess with significant powerbases in the Realms. I don't go blowing up the moon, but instead focus on my characters and their quest.

The last two novels are ebook only at the moment, but pending more sales, we may very well see print versions. Also, here is a link to free apps that will work on your computer, phone, or any other device: Free Kindle Apps or Free Nook Apps

Also, there has historically been an issue with international distribution of e-books, but WotC recently broke through on a deal to get international distribution going. If you tried unsuccessfully to download one of my books a few months ago, you might give it another shot.

The Question!
So. Knowing all about my awesome series (and having all those free downloads to pique your interest) as I just told you, and supporting small-scale/personal stories as you do, why haven't you bought my books?

Cheers

Choices:

I didn''t know about them! I''m clicking on those links right now.
I don''t have an e-reader! I''m downloading a free App!
I couldn''t download it because I''m international. I''m trying again!
I want a physical copy. So I''m posting reviews to support the series so WotC publishes print copies
I''ve been living under a rock! Seriously--my internet reception is the suck. But they sound great
I didn''t realize supporting this series would support a push to small/good stories. Buying it now!
Shadowbane''s not an elf/dwarf/halfling/shade/genasi/vampire, which I love. (But those are in there!
I don''t like 4e FR for XXXX reasons which you are clearly working to fix. :)
I don''t like awesome fantasy stories! Or the Realms! Or you! (Except that I totally would!)
I <3 Fox-at-Twilight and want her back! ... (Wait, she''s in these novels? SOLD!!!)
I want adventure! Passion! Derring-do! Kickass ladies! Humor! Fashion! Treachery! (All there? SOLD!)
Fool! I *have* bought Shadowbane. Now stop posting on Candlekeep and write the next one!

(Anonymous Vote)

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 11 Oct 2012 23:29:38

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  17:50:04  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Def voted the last choice, your a fool for sure. But the best sort of Fool

a fool for the Realms

A fool for good stories

A fool for deep characters who grow

A fool for your readers

I could go on, but I think I'll just explore anyone yet to buy these to:

Buy Them Already!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 11 Oct 2012 17:53:33
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  18:09:14  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
UPDATE!!!

If you voted 7 (favorite races) or 8 (dislike the 4e FR), tell me specifics, and I will tell you how I am obviously trying to fix that issue (i.e. undermine the crazy).

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  18:22:56  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well let me see, I do not have an ereader or any intention to download an app.

Based on what I have seen come out of novel division, I have little reason to support as distressingly the Novels come up with new canon.

Was not all that impressed with 4th which was to be the final Edition, while we now wait 5th.

Oh really did not know about the series also does not know how many miles away is a book store these days, might only be 70 , no book stores any more in nearest city of about 20 miles.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  18:26:12  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know, Kentinal, that sounds like a distressingly serious reply.

You might check out one of those free downloads I mentioned, for instance "The Last Legend of Gedrin Shadowbane."

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  18:29:20  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I actually still can't buy Shadowbane from amazon (I have no problems buying Eye of Justice though).

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

farinal
Learned Scribe

Turkey
270 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  18:41:15  Show Profile Send farinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think I would like a paladin-novel but I decided to give it a shot :)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  18:46:11  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

I actually still can't buy Shadowbane from amazon (I have no problems buying Eye of Justice though).
I have mentioned that to my contacts at WotC. I'll let you know what I find out.

quote:
Originally posted by farinal

Kalen's pretty unlike your conventional paladin. He's a ruthless vigilante who favors scarred leather armor over shining plate, sneaks up on villains like a rogue, and outright lies when he needs to get the job done. He's more a vigilante sort of hero than a shining knight.

What bugs you about paladins, if I might ask? Not that there isn't a lot about them that bugs me, too.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

farinal
Learned Scribe

Turkey
270 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  18:51:22  Show Profile Send farinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

I have mentioned that to my contacts at WotC. I'll let you know what I find out.

quote:

Kalen's pretty unlike your conventional paladin. He's a ruthless vigilante who favors scarred leather armor over shining plate, sneaks up on villains like a rogue, and outright lies when he needs to get the job done. He's more a vigilante sort of hero than a shining knight.

What bugs you about paladins, if I might ask? Not that there isn't a lot about them that bugs me, too.

Cheers

Nothing actually. I dislike the way people THINK paladins would act. I mean it doesn't mean you have to be dumb when you are a knight in shiny armor. But your guy, Kalen, does sound smart and different. I'll give it a shot definitely...it's been sometime since I read a FR novel. Would be nice to get back in!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  19:15:27  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I dislike the way people THINK paladins would act. I mean it doesn't mean you have to be dumb when you are a knight in shiny armor. But your guy, Kalen, does sound smart and different.
He's based on a NPC (and briefly PC) I ran in a 3.5 game once who was a rogue/paladin/Shadowbane Inquisitor (hence the name--the PrC comes from the Complete Adventurer book). He was always walking a fine line between the demands of being a paladin vs. doing things the easy and immoral way from his thief background.

quote:
I'll give it a shot definitely...it's been sometime since I read a FR novel. Would be nice to get back in!
Cool. Best of luck with it! Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions, I'd be happy to chat.

If it helps, there has been a Candlekeep Book Club thread on Downshadow, and the WotC Book Club has done both Downshadow and Shadowbane. They plan to do Eye of Justice next.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  20:02:14  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

To be blunt,

Kalen is only one small part paladin

2 parts ruthless son of a bit$?

And 1 part clueless about women

In short, he's an Everyman with a sword

And although he's the main cog, so to speak. There are many other characters to enjoy.

Edited by - The Red Walker on 11 Oct 2012 20:06:59
Go to Top of Page

Sightless
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  21:04:13  Show Profile Send Sightless a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Errick, you might not know this, but to my knowledge there isn't an E-reader that works with a screen-reader. If your blind or dislexic, your out of luck. The reason, all the hooks are closed, so there's a barier between the reader line, and the screen-reader.

We choose to live a lie, when we see with, & not through the eye.

Every decision, no matter the evidence, is a leap of faith; if it were not, then it wouldn't be a choice at all.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  21:34:30  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You missed an option: I don't want E-Books.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  21:37:26  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I voted "because I don't like 4E," but with all the changes and stuff, I do plan on getting it eventually. Eventually meaning when I can get an e-reader. Reading on my phone/laptop for long periods hurts my eyes, and I hate reading in 30 minute segments.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  22:13:41  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sightless

Errick, you might not know this, but to my knowledge there isn't an E-reader that works with a screen-reader. If your blind or dislexic, your out of luck. The reason, all the hooks are closed, so there's a barier between the reader line, and the screen-reader.
I believe this is the case, and I would very much like to see a screen-reader produced for an e-reader.

If in the meantime you really do want to check out my books, you can still download an app for an actual computer. I provided links for Kindle and Nook above.

Heck, I want to see an audio book version that doesn't require reading at all.

quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

You missed an option: I don't want E-Books.
What kind of amusing poll would this be if I included legitimate reasons?

I very much hope to convince WotC to publish a print version eventually. A print omnibus, for instance, would net them serious bank--there just needs to be the management will and financial resources to do it. The more copies my books sell, the more reviews that get posted, the closer we get to that goal.

quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

I voted "because I don't like 4E," but with all the changes and stuff, I do plan on getting it eventually. Eventually meaning when I can get an e-reader. Reading on my phone/laptop for long periods hurts my eyes, and I hate reading in 30 minute segments.
I completely understand that. I don't have an e-reader myself, but my wife does, and I'll have to confess, it's pretty slick.

And yeah, 4e . . . I'm one of those people that loves the Realms, regardless of edition. I don't love everything about it, of course, but who does? And I am happy to wage an ongoing war to construct the perfect Realms, one that encompasses its whole history, fixes its mistakes, and moves on to a glorious future.

Wow, that got serious for a second. Back to joviality.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  22:30:49  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you forget Heir of Shadowbane?

I just ordered the omnibus edition with your first book in it (along with Elminster's Realms). When I am done with that I will download the new e-book. I really HATE the e-book format (I am clearly an 'old dog'), but whatever...can't hold the future off forever.

What will writers do at book signings? Digitally sign your Kindle?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  23:25:08  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I just ordered the omnibus edition with your first book in it (along with Elminster's Realms). When I am done with that I will download the new e-book. I really HATE the e-book format (I am clearly an 'old dog'), but whatever...can't hold the future off forever.

Funny you say that...

You can get " digital autographs" for you ebooks

I remember Rosemary Jones talking about them and I think Erik as well.G

Edited by - The Red Walker on 11 Oct 2012 23:35:07
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  23:34:49  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

"Heir of Shadowbane" is mostly tied to [i}SB: EOJ. Chronologically, it takes place between "Last Legend" and Downshadow, but I'd kind of prefer to see people read Downshadow early on. That is, after all, where the characters are introduced.

quote:
Well my first book was technically Ghostwalker, but I understand what you mean.

And indeed, the future is ever at our gates, and eventually we have to let it have a drink or people will begin to talk.

Personally, I would like nothing more than to see actual print books in my hands, and I think Wotc needs to know that abandoning the print market is not going to work--at least not yet. The Sundering books are all hardcover initially, after all, so here's hoping those move really well.

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay[/i]

Funny you say that...
I remember Rosemary talking about them and I think Erik as well.G
I know that is possible, though I have not year figured out how to do it. I also have bookmarks.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Sightless
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  23:36:35  Show Profile Send Sightless a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, I was refering to the applications, you can't instal a screen-reader on an E-reader. At least not yet, I hear Window Eyes is working on one for cell phones, but haven't a clue when it'll be out, but if it's the same price as their regular one,$810.00, then it'll be out of my price range. Yeah, so an audibook would be greatly appreciated, or maybe a print, then I can go through the process of destroying the binding and scanning the thing in and listening to it that way. It's waht I'm doing now to Elminster's daughter.

An hour a page.

See Ed, you've got some devoted fans. So Errick get a print copy and I can do the same thing, and go through the same agony and extacy over it. Doesn't that soung great!

(warning, Sightless's humor is bad, and usually rather dull).

Every decision, no matter the evidence, is a leap of faith; if it were not, then it wouldn't be a choice at all.
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2012 :  23:47:47  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

quote:

"Heir of Shadowbane" is mostly tied to [i}SB: EOJ. Chronologically, it takes place between "Last Legend" and Downshadow, but I'd kind of prefer to see people read Downshadow early on. That is, after all, where the characters are introduced.

quote:
Well my first book was technically Ghostwalker, but I understand what you mean.

And indeed, the future is ever at our gates, and eventually we have to let it have a drink or people will begin to talk.

Personally, I would like nothing more than to see actual print books in my hands, and I think Wotc needs to know that abandoning the print market is not going to work--at least not yet. The Sundering books are all hardcover initially, after all, so here's hoping those move really well.

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay[/i]

Funny you say that...
I remember Rosemary talking about them and I think Erik as well.G
I know that is possible, though I have not year figured out how to do it. I also have bookmarks.

Cheers

Oh yeah! You signed one of those for me....then I stashed it for safe keeping with rosemary and Jaleigh's bookplates

And here's what Rosemary said about digital signing

http://rosemaryjones.blogspot.com/2011/12/yes-we-have-technology-to-sign-your-e.html

Edited by - The Red Walker on 12 Oct 2012 00:03:07
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  00:03:50  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, 4e came out. I hated what they did to the realms. I figured I might try following the novel lines, picked up swordmage..... it made me ill after reading it. After that, I pretty much stuck only to the authors that I had previously read or storylines in areas that I wanted to see what was being done with it (or to put it more succinctly... Elminster stories and the Brotherhood of the Griffin series). I then started picking up backlogs of 3rd edition stuff that I hadn't had time to read previously. Then I started branching into non-gaming based novels. Then I discovered pathfinder and it had a novel line (which are ok).

However, that all being said, bold-faced questioning of me has encouraged my interest (plus, I didn't know he was the last Helmite). Buying the downshadow novel now. I'd need an e-reader for the other two and I haven't as yet gotten one (and I'm not going to read from my PC in bed, which is where I go to read novels).

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  00:56:43  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't have an iPad or Kindle and can think of nothing worse than reading a novel on my iMac or iPhone. In fact, I don't like the idea of reading a novel on an iPad or Kindle either. I like books. Hacked out of real trees. So sorry Erik, haven't bought it. I might just buy it to support you personally because you are a brilliant guy, but it will be a trial to read it.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  01:21:51  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am still going with living under a rock *G*

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Euranna
Learned Scribe

USA
219 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  01:48:30  Show Profile Send Euranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like to read both RSE and small scale. I pick my novels based on if they have a story that interests me and if it feels like the Realms. :) That is what I look for, good story in my beloved Realms. :)

(I am actually happy with the ebook options to, now I don't feel so guilty buying more novels. My husband need never know...mwahahahahhaha)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  01:50:24  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Krash: Understood, my man. There are a lot of folks in that very predicament (including myself), and I'd like nothing better than to see WotC adopt a print on demand option, so that you can pay extra for the paper version if you want it. I understand printing is expensive, but I think it's important to offer customers the choice.

@Kentinal: I hope that rock is comfy. I'll send you a book sometime.

Oh, and I have a present for you guys. Since there's a lot of love for my work and story going on: Virtual Author Reading of Shadowbane: Eye of Justice

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  02:02:48  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Euranna

I like to read both RSE and small scale. I pick my novels based on if they have a story that interests me and if it feels like the Realms. :) That is what I look for, good story in my beloved Realms. :)

(I am actually happy with the ebook options to, now I don't feel so guilty buying more novels. My husband need never know...mwahahahahhaha)

Might I recommend the works of this Erik Scott de Bie fellow? I hear they aren't rubbish.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Sightless
Senior Scribe

USA
608 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  04:05:47  Show Profile Send Sightless a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's my problem I'd love to tell WOTC that I would rather have a pring addition, paper I mean, but well, there website isn't screen-reader accesable, hasn't been so since about2010. They changed the format round that time, so none of us folks can go there. I'm not the only person that was suprised by this, so my question is, what's the best alternative? Start writing them a letter?

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  04:49:02  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you send me a message, I will see it gets sent on to the proper folks as best I can. My email is: erikscottdebie@yahoo.com

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  06:15:16  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did not know about the Last Legend of Gedrin Shadowbane or Chosen of the Sword @@ I'm reading Eye of Justice, but I'm reading other Realms books as well, so I haven't finished it. Plus, I'm in college, so that eats up my time.

I'm glad I have a Kindle (saves tress), but I do like my Realms in physical form. Plus, it's a way of advertising and you can show them off! My mom also reads my books, but she doesn't have a Kindle, so she can't very well read the ones in ebook.

I have to say though, Kalen is pretty awesome :)

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  06:17:56  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Heh. You probably know my answer already before I even post it.

I'm partial to wizards, and usually dislike knights, paladins, and the like.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2012 :  07:32:13  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

Heh. You probably know my answer already before I even post it.
I'm partial to wizards, and usually dislike knights, paladins, and the like.
Oh indeed, Dennis, I know your tastes. No doubt you'll find nothing at all appealing about ruggedly sexy Kalen Dren and his increasing magical powers. Instead, I suggest you read the series for my amnesiac wizard Myrin who--as of Shadowbane--is an equally lead character. Sure, the series is named after Kalen, but we all know she's pretty awesome.

To paraphrase a line from Downshadow, when a freshly memory-less Myrin is eating morning feast with the other characters and she casually mage hands a spoon to herself, drawing incredulous stares: "What? Can't everyone do that?"

That's right. Where/when Myrin comes from, everyone CAN do that.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000