Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Dates for Tyr's & Helm's fall / Mystra's death
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2012 :  01:43:20  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey, I was forming the plotline for a bit of a story, when it occurred to me that some of the main characters I was using were paladins and priests of Tyr. Literally, the story was to occur right around 1384 and 1385. I was wondering, do we actually have dates for when Tyr and Helm fell as compared to when Mystra fell? I'm about to go grab up the novels with the succubus in it to see if dates were posted, because the Grand History didn't really specify. I'm wondering if they had dates at the heads of the chapters (betting not though). I'm more worried about the date of Tyr falling and Mystra falling than Helm.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2012 :  02:03:01  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, I may not need specific dates at all. Its been several years since I'd read that series, but Mystra died at the end of the second book and Tyr was at least still around for the third. So, his Faerunian clergy for the most part wouldn't be affected until after the outbreak of the spellplague.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2012 :  02:43:09  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sleyvas, I don't think we have exact dates. Also, time flows differently in the various planes, so there's a certain amount of gray-area/flexibility.

Keep the order of events consistent (fall of Helm in 1384, "death" of Mystra in 1385, abdication of Tyr sometime later), and you're probably sailing fine.

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000