Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Wan Hag
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 03 Oct 2012 :  21:57:30  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Fellow Scribes,

Does anyone know if the 'Wan Hag' (from the first book of the WotSQ series) was a creation of Richard Lee Byers or existed somewhere else in the materials on Menzoberranzan prior to her appearance in Dissolution?

She has a brief entry in 'Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue', but I'm trying to find a bit more information about her.

Kris the Grey - Member in Good Standing of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon, and the Connecticut Bar Association

Xar Zarath
Senior Scribe

Malaysia
552 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  05:56:18  Show Profile Send Xar Zarath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She dies in Dissolution, but if i recall correctly she was skilled in divination and Pharaun may have thought she wielded psionics as well...

Everything ends where it begins. Period.

Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  06:42:41  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
She is the creation of Richard Lee Byers. Though she dies is the novel, I was really intrigued by Smylla and wanted to showcase her in the new sourcebook.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Kris the Grey
Senior Scribe

USA
422 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2012 :  18:34:13  Show Profile Send Kris the Grey a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brian,

Thanks very much for the information. I had a feeling Smylla might be Richard's creation. I had a devil of a time trying to find her in any of the 2E materials!

I enjoyed your entry on her in the Menzo book. She did seem like a really complex and interesting character and I'm hoping to use her (a bit earlier in the timeframe so she's not quite in as sorry a state as she was when Pharaun and Ryld encounter her) creatively in my game while my players are visiting the city!

Any thoughts on her class and level?

Kris the Grey - Member in Good Standing of the Watchful Order of Magists and Protectors, the Arcane Guild of Silverymoon, and the Connecticut Bar Association
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000