Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Favourite Ancient Elven Kingdom
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2012 :  21:06:28  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Poll Question:
If your favourite one hasn't been listed, just describe it and why you like it.

My favourite is Aryvandaar. Something about this ancient empire just fascinates me. I'm so hungry for information about it, too. I really love how it was a kingdom of Gold Elves who thought that it was their divine right to rule all of the Elves of Faerun (and they believed were doing good).

I've been toying with the idea of starting a "Returned Aryvandaar" thread about a possible reconstruction of the ancient empire (plus Siluvanede).

I really do wish there was a sourcebook series on the First Flowering like there was with the whole Arcane Age series, like the books on ancient Cormanthyr.

Choices:

Aryvandaar
Siluvanede
Shantel Othrier
Miyeritar
Ilythiir
Eaerlann
Cormanthyr
Synnoria
Aryselmalyr
Syorpiir
Illefarn
Keltormir

(Anonymous Vote)

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2012 :  02:45:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Illefarn, mostly because of what I read about the ancient realm in Lost Empires. It's one of only few fallen elven realms that I'd consider running a campaign through.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2012 :  03:16:49  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the Dark Elves...before they became drow.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2012 :  07:19:59  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
illfern and cormanthyr

wish the poll was multiple choice

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2012 :  14:45:42  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aryvandaar...
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2012 :  15:05:54  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aryvandaar by a long shot.
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2012 :  04:53:17  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Miyeritar, for reasons obvious to many (although I've attachments and ties to nearly all of those realms listed).

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2012 :  05:22:04  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
None because Elves creep me out
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2012 :  06:20:21  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Long live Netheril!

Oh wait, wrong thread.

quote:
Originally posted by MrHedgehog

None [snip]
+1.

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 02 Oct 2012 06:22:05
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2012 :  07:15:52  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aryvandaar because what's not to love about an empire of xenophobic elves ruled by Godwin's Law... and where the police force is essentially the Eldreth Veluuthra.

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2012 :  13:11:49  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love Illythiir, mostly due to the awesome unofficial sourcebook on DA about it...

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000