Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 TV series of Interest to Realms Fans
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2013 :  19:47:15  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:

Given the good reviews and outstanding ratings of the pilot, and if the trend continues, they'd probably shoot for the series nonstop. So the producers likely have two options: replace Spader or put the series in hiatus until Spader finishes Avengers. Which are hardly ideal, IMO.

Or they can simply have Spader do just the voice-over for Ultron, which takes considerably less time.

I read a recent interview with Spader where he discusses this. He is going to be able to Finish the full 22 episodes of the blacklist and he said he would have to pack his last two nights there so he can leave immediately for the avengers movie work, which he sounded like was more than voice work.
Oh no, that might be a bad sign for the series. Shooting for a major character in a movie would usually take a year. So they'll either be forced to put the series in hiatus for a year, give and take, or, worse, kill off Spader's character (Red) and end the show entirely--which would be a shame.

Here is James Spader's statement to Collider:

quote:
I’m hoping that it’s gonna be a fairly smooth transition, but I don’t know. We’ll wait and see how long The Blacklist plays, and whether it plays a full season or not. If it plays a full season, then I’m sure I will be packing my bags on the last few days of our production on The Blacklist, in preparation to get over to London to start shooting The Avengers.

The viewers of each of the first three episodes never fall below ten million, and if some series out there that average only with one million viewers (and even less) get to stay on air for a couple of seasons, then it's very likely this show is going to extend to season 2, 3, 4 . . .

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for Spader that he's given a huge break in Avengers. I just wish things would also work out well for The Blacklist.

I thought I'd read where he's committed to the blacklist for multiple years. The reason he liked this opportunity was the character ad a story that would take many seasons to reveal

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2013 :  17:32:29  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

I thought I'd read where he's committed to the blacklist for multiple years. The reason he liked this opportunity was the character ad a story that would take many seasons to reveal
Then that would be excellent!

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2013 :  17:38:23  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"The Stewmaker," episode 4 of The Blacklist: Interesting plot, with bits and pieces concerning Red and Elizabeth's "relationship" showing up. Calling the Stewmaker "dangerous" is exaggerating it, though. The old man could hardly defend himself. He's simply a garbage-disposal contractor with advanced knowledge in chemistry.

And Red surely does not hesitate to act like a "monster" if it means protecting (his daughter? niece?) Elizabeth.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2013 :  14:16:22  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

"Gina Zanetakos [No. 152]," episode 6 of The Blacklist. I think they really should extend each villain-centric plot into two to three episodes. I find the "resolution" in every episode rather rushed; of course, that excludes the overarching, mysterious story behind Red's choice to "drag" the FBI and Lizzy in his crusade and the yet-unrevealed true identity of Tom.

Gina is fine. But really, it would have helped if they delved deeper into her background, even if they omit the part where Tom is involved.

Dear, beautiful Lizzy is either in denial or too soft to accept the bitter reality of her marriage. Which happens to people, especially good people.

Overall, I think it's a good episode.

Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2013 :  11:26:53  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am watching the first season of Arrow right now, while not an amazing series, its been pretty entertaining so far.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 02 Nov 2013 :  16:12:15  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kinda late to the party . . . I'm so loving Supernatural. And I have like nine seasons to catch up to. Good luck to me.

-------

Watched "Bugs," episode 8 of Supernatural. I do like it that they spin the yarn around legends and folklore that seem to be forgotten by age. There's the usual dose of creepy and squeamishness-inducing scenes, solidly balanced by humor. Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles really nail their roles.

And oh, this is fun:

Larry [developer of Oasis Plains]: So you two are interested in Oasis Plains?

Dean: Yes, sir.

[Sam nodded yes.]

Larry: Let me just say, we accept homeowners of any race, religion, color, or . . . sexual orientation.

Dean: We're brothers.

-------

Watched "Frederick Barnes [No. 47]," episode 7 of The Blacklist. Barnes's motivation nearly mirrors Red's. We know Red will kill anyone who dares harm Lizzy, but like Barnes, will he be willing to do mass slaughter for the same reason?

Red's recollection almost certainly confirms the theory that Lizzy is his own daughter. Who else could that little blonde girl be?

-------

Watched "All Tomorrow's Parties," episode 7 of The Tomorrow People. I'm beginning to like Steven. While antiheroes are the trend (and I find them quite interesting because "good" is usually boring), seeing some guy who is far from perfect but still possesses the moral compass pointing to the right direction is a welcome "break."

But why does John always have to go topless? (Not that I'm complaining.)

I like seeing the other side of Cara. What she did to Idiot Boy toward the end might be overkill, but she knew her priorities--she always does.

This is a good, solid episode with just the right dose of action and character development. Looking forward to the next!

Edited by - Dennis on 08 Nov 2013 14:56:14
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2013 :  21:42:38  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tomorrow People- don't know WHY I haven't caught this sooner! Watched last night's ep, and liked it a lot. So along with Sleepy Hollow and Grimm, I've possibly picked up another show to follow. I also catch Supernatural and Arrow once in a while, but only sporadically, as they haven't caught my interest as much. If I could figure out what night Beauty and the Beast is on now, I'd still be watching that, too!

I've also been following Dracula, which is an interesting take on the story, adding the revenge angle, the "destined love" angle with Mina (as in the Bram Stoker's Dracula movie) and some other fun political and tech twists that really pulled me in. while not a "hero" per se, they've at least made him interesting and relatable on a few levels. Always good- I detest it when a vamp character is either a whiny emo (I'm looking at Edward Cullen and Louis from Interview here) or a cardboard "villain". I prefer them to be more "human" both in terms of morals and motivation.

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2013 :  02:25:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, I'm assuming all of the resident Whovians here at Candlekeep have now seen the "Night of the Doctor" minisode released as a prequel of sorts for the 50th Anniversary Special on the 23rd/24th?

I certainly came away from this brief tale giddy as I have ever been when it comes to Doctor Who. Certainly, it was geekingly satisfying to have one mystery of a sort finally solved after nearly seventeen years... and just in time for another grand mystery to finally be revealed!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2013 :  05:17:20  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Watched "Anslo Garrick," episode 9 of The Blacklist. This is the best episode yet. We get to see the more "human" side of Red--how he reacts to the two deaths (that I myself don't see coming). And Garrick is such a convincing SOB of a villain.

Unlike the previous episodes where every villain-centric plot gets resolved in one episode, the Garrick plot is extended, which I believe is a good move by the show's crew. Forty minutes is too short to tie up all the loose ends. And of course, this is one heck of a cliffhanger.

------------------

quote:
Originally posted by Alystra Illianniis

Tomorrow People- don't know WHY I haven't caught this sooner! Watched last night's ep, and liked it a lot.
It's a great show indeed. They say it's a remake (though I wasn't aware of the original as I wasn't yet born when it came out).

Great character development. Each episode usually does a flashback of one of "Steven's gang."

Edited by - Dennis on 28 Nov 2013 15:41:26
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2013 :  23:56:39  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@Dennis: Supernatural is a GREAT show. And you will find numerous assumptions that Sam and Dean are gay throughout the show (and it's always funny). Wait until the episode where they introduce Becky...you will laugh.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2013 :  08:50:58  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Arcanamach

@Dennis: Supernatural is a GREAT show. And you will find numerous assumptions that Sam and Dean are gay throughout the show (and it's always funny). Wait until the episode where they introduce Becky...you will laugh.
Indeed. In episode 11 of season 2, "Playthings," Dean even asked Sam, "But the most important question is, why do people always take us for gays?"

And a quick Google search gave me this fan cult: Wincest! Geez, these fangirls!

I just finished watching "Roadkill," episode 16 of season 2. I actually liked the twist, thought it's kinda bittersweet. A ghost who didn't know she's a ghost.

Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2013 :  14:41:21  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There are a great many interesting/fun things about the show and its actors. For instance, JP and JA became best friends through the show and JP met and married his wife from the show as well (JA was his best man at the wedding). JP is a prankster and the producers actually leave some of those pranks in. JA also adds funny dialogue, which is also left in be the producers, and JP stays in character while its going on (JP usually makes a "are you done/finished" comment during those scenes while JA bites back a laugh).

There's even an episode later in the series where the actors play themselves and the set crew participate in the episode. All-in-all, I think the writers have put together some great ideas and the entire staff has a lot of fun working on the set. And yet, despite all of the antics, they also manage to put out some truly heart-wrenching drama throughout the series. Supernatural is one of those shows that tends to get better the further along it goes.

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2013 :  14:57:10  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Agreed. One only needs to look at JA and JP once and know how real the brotherly connection of Sam and Dean is. In "Born Under A Bad Sign," episode 14 of season 2, Dean wouldn't pull the trigger despite the clear evidence of Sam's "evil" tendencies; he always believed he could, and would, find a way to make sense of everything and save Sam.

Anyway, I heard season 9 is gonna be the last one. A shame. Aren't there more plots they can still explore?

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2013 :  19:39:29  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Watched the pilot of the new season of Nikita. Wow, it surely looks like a movie. Glad to see the old "gang" back. Niki is on the hunt for The Shop, the seemingly invisible organization that destroys a lot of innocent lives to further their sick experiments. And while she may be the most resourceful and dangerous assassin alive, she can't do it alone, not when Amanda has her claws deeply dipped in The Shop. Hence, the gang jumps in to the rescue.

Amanda remains her usual classy-bitch self. Sometimes it's infuriating to see how the villain almost always outsmarts the protagonists.

Really great episode!

-----------------------------------------

Also just watched "Heart," episode 17, season 2 of Supernatural. The title says it. It's one of those poignant episodes. Sacrifice for the greater good. It may be easy to stick to it when you have been in the crusade to eradicate evil in all its forms all your life. But when the required sacrifice hits home, or close to home, that's when things don't go as clear as black and white. Sam and Dean, however, have to make a choice, a very difficult one.

Edited by - Dennis on 30 Nov 2013 19:48:29
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2013 :  15:27:16  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Just watched “Lucifer Rising,” the finale of season 4 of Supernatural. Quite a solid one. It ties up many loose ends from the previous seasons, particularly the predetermined roles of Sam, Dean, and Lilith. For a moment, though, I thought Dean is finally giving up on “saving” Sam from, well, himself. But apparently, blood is thicker than . . . anything.

It’s worth noting (because I’m a Destiel fan, duh) how Dean finally gets through Castiel’s seemingly immovable conviction to obey the “will of God” (which up to now is very arguable because he never—and I mean never ever saw or heard God). Where does this “disobedience” lead him and Dean? Guess we’ll find out.

And this, from episode 18, “The Monster at the End of This Book” (because I just couldn’t resist):

Dean (browsing a Supernatural fan site): There’re Sam girls and Dean girls and . . . what’s a slash fan?

Sam: As in Sam slash Dean . . . together.

Dean: Like together, together?

Sam: Yeah.

Dean: They do know we’re brothers, right?

Sam: Doesn’t seem to matter.

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 22 Dec 2013 :  15:44:05  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Y'know, a lot of fans say you should stop there, that that was the high point of the show (the shark jump), but I still think it's great. Granted, it does get a bit tiresome because they just seem to rehash the relationship issues over and over between the brothers, but that's what true family is like.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2013 :  15:55:13  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Nope, not planning on stopping. And you're right about what seems like rehashing of Dean and Sam's brotherly issues. But then again, no family issues (the serious ones, those that count the most) ever truly, completely get resolved. So, yes, it can it a bit tiresome, but that's life, and I'm still happy that they still manage to sneak in some surprises in every episode. And I like the changes, the somewhat fresh take, they made on Christian myth.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  12:56:38  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Watched episode 111 of Hunter X Hunter 2011. Finally Chairman Netero and Zeno Zoldyck show up. What a grand entrance they make! There’s a substantial flashback to Netero’s time as a middle-aged man trying to be “at peace” with nature and with himself, giving ten thousand punches a day to show his “gratitude,” which ultimately led to his mastery of the Buddhafist technique. I’m really surprised with Zeno’s confession that compared to him, “Netero always has the upper hand.” I thought that of all the characters revealed so far, Zeno is on top of the food chain.

Despite my aversion to everything draconic, I like Zeno’s dragon-centric Nen, especially that giant on which he and Netero ride and which split into a thousand parts to rain on the palace.

I must say I’m as much surprised as Pitou is when Netero hits her with his Buddhafist. His move is quite quick, unexpected, and amazing.

This is so far the best episode in the Chimera Ant Arc. Looking forward to the next one!

Edited by - Dennis on 12 Jan 2014 14:31:06
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  14:01:05  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Watched episode 111 of Hunter X Hunter 2011. Finally Chairman Netero and Zeno Zoldyck show up. What a grand entrance they make! There’s a substantial flashback to Netero’s time as a middle-aged man trying to be “at peace” with nature and with himself, giving ten thousand punches a day to show his “gratitude,” which ultimately led to his mastery of the Buddhafist technique. I’m really surprised with Zeno’s confession that compared to him, “Netero always has the upper hand.” I thought that of all the characters revealed so far, Zeno is on top of the food chain.

Despite my aversion to everything draconic, I like Zeno’s dragon-centric Nen, especially that giant on which he and Netero ride and which split into a thousand parts to rain on the palace.

I must say I’m as much surprised as Pitou is when Netero hits her with his Buddhafist. His move is quite quick, unexpected, and amazing.

This is so far the best episode in the Chimera Ant Arc. Looking forward to the next one!

Have you read the manga? I mean the Chimara ant stuff was concluded a while back.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  14:29:37  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

quote:

Have you read the manga? I mean the Chimara ant stuff was concluded a while back.
Not yet, but I plan to. I read some spoilers in Wiki, though. Apparently not including that bit about Netero being already old when Zeno was just a baby.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 12 Jan 2014 :  14:32:03  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Watched the finale of Nikita. One word: oxymoronic. On one hand, satisfying; on the other, a bit lacking. There’s enough drama, action, and pyrotechnics that would have easily qualified it as a short film.

I must admit, I didn’t see the twist coming. I thought they’d just opt for a (sort-of) cliffhanger ending to leave the series open for a possible sequel (or even a spin-off). Oh, but I was wrong on one account, and ’twas one of those moments I was glad I was wrong.

All the “good” guys got their slice of a happy ending, even the psychotic time-bomb Sam. All but one, that is.

And the infamous villain, Amanda? She got her just “reward.” Death is too nice a punishment for her.

What irked me a little is how easily Nikita and team found all the members of The Shop. It took them months just to find the first one, the CEO of MDK, and yet it just took them a week to find the rest. The last four’s find is understandable, but those in between is far too convenient.

An assassin. A hero. A lover. A friend. These are only some of the things that best characterize Nikita. And in the thrilling joyride of all four seasons, I’ve come to realize she represents the “survivor” in us.

Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2014 :  13:02:59  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

quote:

Not yet, but I plan to. I read some spoilers in Wiki, though. Apparently not including that bit about Netero being already old when Zeno was just a baby.

Yeah the old guy turned out to be pretty awesome and went out with a bang!
Dont mess with humanity chimera ants, you don't know what vicious is.
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3750 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2014 :  05:18:18  Show Profile Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm hyped for the season finale of Sleepy Hollow. This show has just gotten better and better! I love all the twists with Catrina, Irving's growing involvement (love Orlando Jones) and Crane starting to integrate into the 21st century. I can't wait to see how this ends! And I really hope this show gets picked up for another season!

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2014 :  18:12:20  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Watched the pilot of Intelligence. Good enough that I'm inclined to watch the next episode. Though the whole being to able to see his targets using his "chip-plugged" brain directly getting feeds from a satellite kinda made me feel like I was watching a video game.

Just watched episode 112 of Hunter X Hunter 2011. They're delaying the big fight. Though nice touch with the king being seriously concerned with the runny-nose girl.

A shame that Zeno wouldn't join the fight.

Watched the pilot of Sherlock. I like the humor, and Benny is a good actor, though looks-wise, he leans more to alien-ish weird than plain handsome, so I kinda understand BBC’s initial hesitation about casting him. The plot is intriguing enough as well, laying groundwork for the next episodes.

My problem is the same one I found in other British series—the setting feels so claustrophobic. London in nighttime is just so old, musty, and well—it bears repeating—claustrophobic. Also, for a doctor, Watson looks incredibly like a nitwit. But at least he can shoot.

Will I continue watching the rest of the episodes? Maybe. But not in the mood yet.

Edited by - Dennis on 20 Jan 2014 14:51:51
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  09:17:39  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I agree with most of your points about Sherlock, especially about Watson who is pretty much reduced to playing a dumb sidekick(I much preferred the movie version of Watson), it is a BBC production and they just don't have the funds to create more elaborate sets. However despite these flaws it is a great show and hope you give it a second try.
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  11:25:25  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, do persist with Sherlock. It's worth it to watch Benedict Cumberbatch and Mark Gatiss (who plays Mycroft and also a co-creator of the series).

I'm desperately waiting for extra episodes of The Blacklist. I've only been able to watch the first four so far and I am hooked.

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2014 :  12:28:52  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Derulbaskul
Yes, do persist with Sherlock. It's worth it to watch Benedict Cumberbatch and Mark Gatiss (who plays Mycroft and also a co-creator of the series).
Honestly, I just gave it a shot as favor to a friend. I'm not exactly a huge fan of detective or detective-ish series. I often find something lacking in it. Just like White Collar (I only watched the first two episodes), which, as my friends said, I should have loved and continued watching because Matt is gorgeous and gay. But no, it just doesn't feel that right for me.

quote:
I'm desperately waiting for extra episodes of The Blacklist. I've only been able to watch the first four so far and I am hooked.
Now that's one I sincerely love. Good plot, and James Spader is such a great actor.

I'll watch episode 12, "The Alchemist," later.

Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2014 :  11:28:19  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I started watching the Walking dead recently, I had read some of the comics but the show is really quite different. Its still very good though . The acting while jot phenomenally has been pretty decent but its really the world that its set in that has piqued my interest. I will definitely continue watching this series.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2014 :  12:49:24  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Watched "The Alchemist," episode 12 of The Blacklist. It just kinda felt short whenever Red had a very limited screen time. Hope this gets rectified in the next episode.

It appears the writers want almost every villain of the week to show some heart and be someone the viewers can understand and, probably even to a certain point, relate to. The so-called alchemist is no different. I just didn't feel any sense of urgency or suspense in the scenes where he was featured. In short, kinda boring. But Red's obsessive endeavor to find the mole in Lizzy's team saved the day. And in the next episode, we'll finally see who that mole is. (Though for those with enough deductive skills, it's sort of obvious.)

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2014 :  15:44:09  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Re-watching "Riddled," season 3, episode 18 of Teen Wolf. This is one of the series I'm never ashamed to admit I follow despite the fact that I'm way past its target audience. Every episode offers a solid, gripping plot. The cast is perfect, with actors who can really act. It also adopts a lot of American, European, and recently, Asian myths and legends, giving a few twists here and there, all the while showing reverence to the original source materials.

This episode is, by far, the season's best. Stiles's descent to the dark side is such a fresh take on this happy-go-lucky character.

On a side note, the onis remind me of the Shadovar, barring fireflies and masks.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000