Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Endless Stair
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

PattPlays
Senior Scribe

469 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2020 :  08:23:50  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

I have a 2E PHB which says it's a first printing, copyright 1988. Although I probably bought it in 1989, it could have publisher licensing weirdness. The Avatar novels were released simultaneously - they heralded 2E rules in the "flagship" setting - so they might also be dated back to 1988 or 1989.

The first I heard of 2E was from the guy at the game store. PHB and DMG and MM and FRA, all sitting beside the novel trilogy. No hype, no announcement, no marketing. But to be fair, I didn't buy Dungeon/Dragon magazines at the time, I never read the comic books, I read whatever novels my local library had in their always-behind-the-times inventory. So maybe the "Endless Stair" was mentioned somewhere before 1990. Though it certainly wasn't around when Manual of the Planes came out in 1987.

so from torillian gods' oerspecftives the infinite staircase has always been a thing, and it gained aspects in other forms and realms as all yhings cosmic tend to do here.
Meanwhile in the planescape setting, not set in any one crystal sphere but touching all of them, introduces the infinite staircase.
Waukeen's decisions in For duty & Diety just have me curious about a few remaining threads. I want to read back through that splatbook because the authors wrote "infinite staircase as described in his cool thing planescape made" but I want to know what termenology is used by the game's lore itself and if the celestial staircase is referenced alongside the use of the infinite staircase..

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, Long Live Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2020 :  20:18:33  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

Gotcha. That is interesting. All this time I thought it was all Ed on that. I did not know otherwise. Then again, I didn't know the Hooded One was not his wife, so geez, there you go. haha

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000