Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Luskan during 1310 DR
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baka-no-Neko
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  21:35:44  Show Profile  Visit Baka-no-Neko's Homepage Send Baka-no-Neko a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi folks,

I am in the process of writing a Icewind Dale 2 fanfiction, which includes the IWD2 NPC mod. However, finding the necessary lore about Luskan during 1310 DR is a pain in the butt. I'm trying to get my hands on The Pirate King, but is there any official guides you would suggest?

I'm relatively new to the lore side of Forgotten Realms, sure I've played the games (NWN/BG saga ect), but not really delved into the books or D&D campaign stuff. For example, I was happily writing away under the assumption that the Host Tower was already in operation around 1310…then I hunt a little deeper in FR Wiki and find Arklem Greeth doesn't come in till 1311. As you can see, noob here =/

So again, any advice on where to go to get the info? Are there any novels that deal with Luskan in any detail? Strategy guides? Is the 1310 DR 2E or 3E? I appreciate any advice folk can give.

Baka

"The Underdark is a cold and terrifying place, thought the faithful kobold companion. Then he wonder... when is lunch?" - Deekin NWN: HoTU

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2012 :  06:32:46  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Off the top of my head, Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast should be of service to you. Not sure if Volo's Guide to the North overlaps the Sword Coast book or not.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2012 :  12:05:03  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Volo's Guide to the Sword Coast deals with the southern coast, Luskan and the northern cities are described in Volo's Guide to the North. And most of the information found there is copied in the boxed set The North: Guide to the Savage Frontier. Those are all from 2e, around 1368-70 DR, but maybe you will find references about the past (especially in The North, I think).

For your information, Baka-no-Neko, 1e is placed in 1357-8, 2e in 1368-70 and 3/3.5e in 1372-74. 4e happens after a 100-year time jump.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page