Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Cult of the Dragon Adventures
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2012 :  15:37:01  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Are there any adventures - be they dungeon issues or in the back of a sourcebook, or elsewhere, featuring the Cult of the Dragon?

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2012 :  18:37:51  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A 2e Sourcebook, Cult of the Dragon, revolves around the organization. Also, it seems wikipedia has a cite for issue 110 of Dragon having an article by Ed Greenwood about the Cult of the Dragon, but I don't have that issue so can't confirm that.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2012 :  18:48:12  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragons of Faerun (3.5e) has one written by Eytan Bernstein.

I think the FRCS (3e) has one, IIRC.

Cult of the Dragon (2e) and Dragon #110 certainly have tons of detail. Lords of Darkness (3e) and Champions of Ruin (3.5e) have lots of detail as well. Lords of Darkness also details the Well of Dragons, which would count as a Cult-based adventure.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2012 :  20:50:55  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I used Ghazal from Dungeon 30 as a CoTD base in the Thunderpeaks. It was their slaving & training & safehold for money and treasures.

As ever I tweaked to fit it better into the Realms, but it worked well for me.

Cheers

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2012 :  21:11:07  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
TSR Jam 1999, if you can find it, contains an adventure written by Bryon Wischstadt.

http://www.amazon.com/TSR-1999-Advanced-Dungeons-Dragons/dp/0786914459/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1340050140&sr=8-1&keywords=TSR+Jam

IIRC, it was written to be the "Adventure Path" module that went with the 2e accessory Cult of the Dragon and was later. I think it was also built on the 1e adventure that was a cross Realms/Runequest module, "Vale of the Dragon Oracle" or something like that.

--Eric

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Dragons of Faerun (3.5e) has one written by Eytan Bernstein.

Cult of the Dragon (2e) and Dragon #110 certainly have tons of detail. Lords of Darkness (3e) and Champions of Ruin (3.5e) have lots of detail as well. Lords of Darkness also details the Well of Dragons, which would count as a Cult-based adventure.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
501 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2012 :  00:40:54  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Not exactly adventures as much as notes on where they may inhabit; Page 121 (Aencar's Manor entry), page 143 (Eversult entry), page 228 (Well of Dragons entry).

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2012 :  01:53:40  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Galuf the Dwarf

quote:

Not exactly adventures as much as notes on where they may inhabit; Page 121 (Aencar's Manor entry), page 143 (Eversult entry), page 228 (Well of Dragons entry).

I was thinking of "Green Bones" in the FRCS (3e) page 302.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
501 Posts

Posted - 20 Jun 2012 :  03:25:50  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, that's odd, the Cult of the Dragon is mentioned by name on pg 302, yet the page isn't listed for them in the index!

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2012 :  13:40:08  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Steelheart from Dungeon 53 involves both the Cult of the Dragon and the Zhentarim.

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

coach
Senior Scribe

USA
479 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2012 :  07:02:57  Show Profile Send coach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
yes i second the Dungeon #53

has a lil bit of everything

Bloodstone Lands Sage
Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
Senior Scribe

USA
508 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2012 :  16:25:24  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Scrambling a little to get things set for tonight, while still working. Steelheart looks amazing, though I will hold off on running it until the timeline syncs up. I've already mentioned Zhengyi - the Bloodstone wars are not yet over. The group did find a cache of reproducing undead that belong to him recently.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000