Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Thanks!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  08:41:25  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
You know, I often come here to read about the Forgotten Realms; but I don't think I've ever really said thanks!

I just want to thank the folks that make this place run! I want to thank you for giving the world such an awesome damn place to come and find out things about my favorite world (yes, favorite over the one I live in!), talk to folks about every sort of thing, and just relax and enjoy.

Heated debates and such aside, this is one of the few places on the Net that I can honestly say is worth my time, because even when I get all bent out of shape...well, I enjoy being bent out of shape by things about the Forgotten Realms.

So thanks to Owners and Operators of Candlekeep...thanks to Authors, Game Designers and just "regular" folks alike for giving me a place in the world to enjoy.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  09:58:10  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I second that!!!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  14:06:28  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
100% AGREE.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  16:59:30  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's much to be thankful for thanks to Candlekeep.

I'm most thankful for the moderators and owner, for their patience and willingness to give second chances.

Thanks also to the game designers and authors who come here. It's a privilege to be able to interact with you.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  21:22:25  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well said Dalor Darden. A big thank you to everyone who makes Candlekeep the great community it is!

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2012 :  01:32:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're very welcome, Dalor.

I know Wooly, Alaundo, and myself are just a very small part of the equation for the successful and productive running of Candlekeep... but the truth is, it's every single scribe who takes time out of their own schedule to come here and chat about an imaginary world we all love so dearly, that makes this site the special place that it is.

So, I guess, a Thanks! is due to all the remarkable individuals who call Candlekeep their second home.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2012 :  03:14:12  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

You're very welcome, Dalor.

I know Wooly, Alaundo, and myself are just a very small part of the equation for the successful and productive running of Candlekeep... but the truth is, it's every single scribe who takes time out of their own schedule to come here and chat about an imaginary world we all love so dearly, that makes this site the special place that it is.

So, I guess, a Thanks! is due to all the remarkable individuals who call Candlekeep their second home.

I will echo the good Sage.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2012 :  13:42:38  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And a belated thanks from me as well!
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2012 :  18:18:35  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This community has always been a great source of lore and comfort to me as well. Thanks everyone for all you do!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2012 :  01:17:09  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I will echo Dalor's words...

Thank you, everyone. Visiting this site has always been worth my precious (and I mean that literally) time.

To the moderators, authors, game designers, and fellow scribes here, thank you!

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000