Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Necromancy spells for a Kelemvorite Necromancer?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2012 :  04:37:50  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The title says it all. My ideas are as follows by level (and source, if from anywhere other than the 3.5 Edition PHB):

Cantrips - Disrupt Undead, Touch of Fatigue
1st - Backbiter (SC), Cause Fear, Chill Touch, Ray of Enfeeblement
2nd - Bonefiddle (SC), Curse of Impending Blades (SC), False Life, Life Bolt (SC), Ray of Weakness (SC), Scare, Spawn Screen (SC), Spectral Hand
3rd - Gentle Repose, Greater Disrupt Undead (SC), Halt Undead, Healing Touch (SC), Mass Curse of Impending Blades (SC), Ray of Exhaustion
4th - Bestow Curse, Burning Blood (SC) Fear
5th - Waves of Fatigue
6th - Circle of Death, Incorporeal Nova (SC), Symbol of Fear, Undeath to Death
7th - Arrow of Bone (SC), Avasculate (SC), Finger of Death, Symbol of Weakness, Waves of Exhaustion
8th - Avascular Mass (SC), Greater Bestow Curse (SC), Heart of Stone (SC), Horrid Wilting, Symbol of Death
9th - Astral Projection, Wail of the Banshee

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2012 :  22:56:13  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know 3.5 wizard spells well enough to help on this one, but in general, I'd say that any necromancy spell that doesn't directly create undead should be open. Even the ones that control undead might be available, depending on the view of the necromancer; a case could be made for seizing another necromancer's undead and using them against him/her, or grabbing wandering free-willed undead and throwing them against other undead until they die.

That would be the more neutral version of the necromancer, but since they aren't a priest, I can see how they could internally justify it. As long as they're working to reduce the number of undead and not actively creating them, they should be ok.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4425 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  04:34:40  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do question certain spells, espically Avascular Mass, due to their sub-descriptor of Evil. Is this OK for them, or can we have evil Kelemvorites?

Also:

2nd - Shroud of Undeath (Ghostwalk)- Undead preceive you as undead. Could be great tool for infiltration if they're ordered to kill any living thing.
3rd - Prickling Torment (Complete Mage): Target is sickened, takes damage whenever it acts.
4th - Touch of Years (Complete Mage): Target loses 3 points of Str, Dex, and Con; second casting blinds and deafens.
7th - Retributive Enervation (Complete Mage): Any living creature that strikes you in melee gains a negative level.
8th - Touch of the Graveborn (Complete Mage): Melee touch attack deals 10d6 damage or controls undead creature.
Go to Top of Page

Galuf the Dwarf
Senior Scribe

USA
485 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2012 :  16:15:54  Show Profile Send Galuf the Dwarf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, Kelemvor can have Lawful Evil-aligned worshippers, so I don't see why not, at least for a Necromancer of such alignment who worships Kelemvor.

Galuf's Baldur's Gate NPC stats: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8823
Galuf's 3.5 Ed. Cleric Domains: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14036
Galuf's Homebrew 4th Edition Races: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13787
Galuf's Homebrew Specialty Priest PrCs: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14353
Galuf's Forgotten Realms Heralds and Allies thread: forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8766
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000