Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Red Hand of Doom - Dragonchain
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  03:45:23  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anybody have this adventure and could you please paste the stats for the Dragonchain? How does it differ from the Spiked Chain?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  04:51:59  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thought I would share this. A very comprehensive list of 3.5 equipment.

edit: Not my work. Something I found scrummaging around. All credit goes to the author.

edit2: I give up, use Ayrik's link. This one was in .doc format and worked for me. Google will turn it up for those that are interested.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Edited by - Fellfire on 01 May 2012 05:46:34
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  05:20:58  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That list is a good compilation, although your link is broken.

The most recent/updated version I could find - Dungeons & Dragons 3.5 Edition Index – Equipment (Chet Erez, Oct 1 2007).

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 01 May 2012 05:25:31
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  05:25:54  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Odd. It seemed to work when I posted it. Thanks, Ayrik.

edit: That won't work for me. I keep getting Adobe Plug In has crashed. What the deuce is going on with my Adobe? (rhetorical question)

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 01 May 2012 05:29:21
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  06:49:13  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Simplest fix is to reinstall Adobe Reader. I personally disable the plug-in on every browser anyhow, it's slower and less functional than the full reader and hijacks your browser tabs while loading ... without the plug-in your computer will instead open an Adobe Reader instance outside the browser, faster better and doesn't choke your webpages. Also not prone to compatibility problems like you're experiencing.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 01 May 2012 06:49:52
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  07:57:35  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks again, Ayrik. I didn't appreciate that little Lego yelling at me.

Misanthorpe

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  20:38:40  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Legos are very evil primitive Modrons.

I have my Dragonchain, and bought a dragon-collar... anyone know a good Wyrrmwalker? I'm tired of this thing going all over my yard!

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  21:42:57  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't understand the Lego reference, lol. Although it wouldn't surprise me to discover a Viking colony once existed on Mechanus. I'm half surprised the Swedes invented modular furniture before the crazy Lego Danes.

Adobe Acrobat Reader is fulla slowness and bloat. Easily remedied with PDF SpeedUp.

There are many other PDF readers (not by Adobe), but the best ones have evolved into comparable bloatiness, while the lesser ones often have minor compatibility quirks and issues. These days I recommend Adobe with SpeedUp, just less hassle for maximum performance and compatibility.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 01 May 2012 21:50:47
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  06:18:32  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Didn't Crystalkeep have to take down those lists by order from WotC? I remember that they were re-uploaded elsewhere, but it's still a bit dubious.

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  07:29:20  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know the history of those lists at all, it may well be that they were banned on or from one site, and even then such a ban might have been incurred by other content in which this list was only one (innocent?) component.

But:
1) they're 3E, while the ever-watchful Eye of Wizbron primarily focusses it's possessive attentions in the proximity of 4E stuff (and "5E" NDA enforcement) these days, and
2) they're 3E, which means they're also exploiting the never-revoked d20 OGL and D&D SRD, and
2) they don't actually contain any substantial item descriptions for stat-crazed 3E gamers, they're largely just a compiled list of item names denoting which books/pages things came from and a terse general description lacking much substance in the way of stats, crunch, or fluff - I don't see many DMs allowing interesting items off this list if they lack the proper book with the full description, but I do see many DMs using such a "one-stop" list as a convenient index for the countless items listed in the many books they do already have.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 02 May 2012 07:34:15
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  10:57:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Keep in mind, though, that even though several sites sold pdfs for prior editions, WotC still took all of that material down, in a knee-jerk response to 4E content being pirated. WotC had nothing to lose and much some to gain by continuing to let people buy pdfs from 1E, 2E, and 3E, but they still had all that material taken down -- even when sites had an arrangement that if you bought it once, you had unlimited downloads.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7970 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  20:10:33  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That makes sense.

So yeah, this particular document may have been blanketed in a takedown order. I don't personally see why that would be the case at all - I mean it's basically just an index list, not dissimilar to, say, a document which lists all D&D novels or sourcebooks, taken alone it has no useful value at all - but then again, my opinions are of little consequence because Wizbro owns the IP and isn't required to explain their decisions.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  20:31:50  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The site may have been guilty elsewhere, and the whole site was taken down because of stuff we don't know about, and may have had nothing to do with those lists.

I can't remember the specifics, but they went after one guy who was building a character generator for 4e, and he had TONS of stuff on his site for 3e, and stuff he had created himself, and when they told him to 'cease & desist', he just took the whole damn site down. They really only wanted him to stop with the 4e material, but he got in a huff (and went Pathfinder, last I heard).

@Wooly - that hit me particularly hard - I only recently went to Paizo's site to download the dozens of TSR products I paid for (because I did the right thing and didn't resort to piracy), and couldn't download any of it. Bad enough I lost all the physical books, but to have my right to my pdf's taken away was a pretty low blow.

The only part of my collection I could still download was the few Paizo products I had purchased - I guess WotC really taught me a lesson.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 02 May 2012 20:32:41
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  21:30:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

@Wooly - that hit me particularly hard - I only recently went to Paizo's site to download the dozens of TSR products I paid for (because I did the right thing and didn't resort to piracy), and couldn't download any of it. Bad enough I lost all the physical books, but to have my right to my pdf's taken away was a pretty low blow.

For me, that was the most irritating aspect of WotC doing that: the fact that a service I had paid for was being taken away for something entirely unrelated. Sure, I had all the files, and I'd backed them up, as well, but that doesn't change the fact that part of the reason for buying from Paizo was because of the unlimited downloads.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000