Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Most Influential Netherese Archwizard
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Xar Zarath
Senior Scribe

Malaysia
552 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  06:04:35  Show Profile Send Xar Zarath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Considering his own store of arrogance and ambition, not to mention personal power, I think godhood would have suited him well.

Everything ends where it begins. Period.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  15:01:22  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I don't see it, personally. We know that most deities of magic have been "the Weave," according to Ed. We've been told in the lore that Mystryl lost the ability to maintain the integrity of the Weave -- essentially -- a very part of her divine being -- as a result of Karsus tapping into her power.

So, at the very least, if she had lost control of "herself," I find it difficult to assume that she could still determine the specific connections each and every individual mortal has to the Weave, and adjust them accordingly.

-When a ship is sinking, even past the point that it is too late to save the boat and it's a foregone conclusion that it's going under, the captain can still perform various duties that he is responsible for. As with everything else, there is too much we don't know to really come to definite statements. I agree, more or less, that with everything falling down around her, so to speak, she either didn't have the ability, or whatever else, to separate Karsus from the Weave. Ultimately, though, nothing says that a deity loses X, Y, Z powers as they weaken (though it stands to reason).

quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

I agree with LK. Jergal's power might be enough to wipe out the phaerimm. But what about after? What's he going to do with deathly powers in a society (Netheril) where magic is the currency?

Mystryl was the best choice for a target. If he became the god of magic, he can still attend to the welfare of Netheril without abandoning his godly duties. Also, let's not forget that Karsus was a brilliant arcanist. He created spells even the people 100 times his senior could only dream of...The only way to put that brilliance to maximum use is to be in charge of magic itself.

-It's not as if he knew that certain doom for himself and his people would be achieved through the casting of the spell, either.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 01 May 2012 15:02:42
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  16:00:39  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How many of us would be adverse to seeing Karsus as the new 'god of magic'?

And being dead doesn't matter, as we know by numerous canon examples.

Being a fan of GH, I wouldn't mind seeing a deity like Boccob being in-charge, but I'm partial so I was wondering how others here would feel about such a turn of events.

Because to be perfectly honest, I'm kind of sick of Mystra.... and REALLY sick of Shar. Have Karsus take-on the name of 'Mysus' or some-such, make him aloof and uncaring (certainly not a stretch), and then start down-playing Shar's involvement in everything (I like her, I am just getting tired of getting beaten over the head with her).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 01 May 2012 16:01:23
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  18:00:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Being a fan of GH, I wouldn't mind seeing a deity like Boccob being in-charge, but I'm partial so I was wondering how others here would feel about such a turn of events.

Because to be perfectly honest, I'm kind of sick of Mystra.... and REALLY sick of Shar. Have Karsus take-on the name of 'Mysus' or some-such, make him aloof and uncaring (certainly not a stretch), and then start down-playing Shar's involvement in everything (I like her, I am just getting tired of getting beaten over the head with her).

It wouldn't bother me, provided it was explained in a reasonable manner, and also provided that it is established how he overcame his earlier foolishness.

It'd have to be one heck of an explanation, though, to explain how a formerly dead deity, who best exemplified arrogance, recklessness, and foolishness, could arise to such an important position, especially since his prior traits have already proven he's unworthy of the job.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  18:10:01  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I like to see Karsus active again in the Realms. But NOT as a deity of magic. It's still cooler (for me, at least) to see an archwizard who can challenge and siphon the powers of any deity at any given day but chooses to ignore their existence and focuses on his worldly business instead.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2012 :  21:50:39  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-Eh, I think it would kind of defeat the "purpose" of the story.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  01:42:40  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Funnily enough, I've been tinkering with an alternate outcome for the Spellplague for another alternate continuity Realmspace that sees the return of Lurue [as per Ed] as the primary deity of magic in the Realms.
quote:

Which is somewhat similar to my own thinking on bringing Lurue back... possibly even to my main time-line Realms campaign as well.

It's not so much that I'm sick of Mystra... but Ed has Lurue as the true Goddess of Mysteries. In Ed's own words:- "We can’t understand why she does what she does, so she can’t be controlled, or act like any sort of tyrannical munchkin, any more than a mountain range or an ocean can be." And that's just too intriguing a notion not to play with.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  05:02:09  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lurue probably would be best - they should have just left Ed's realms alone.

@Karsus - excellent point - that didn't even occur to me. If he became the god of magic, the end of his story would have changed, and the moral would be lost. You'd basically be rewarding someone for doing something epically stupid and arrogant. Good call.

The tale of "The Momentary god" should be a parable in any Realms 'bible'. Its one of the few 'myths' FR has that is very Greco-Roman in flavor (reminds me of the tale of Phaėton).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 02 May 2012 05:02:26
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  11:07:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
See, I think you could say that some part of Karsus has been conscious all this time, and that that part has used the intervening years to reflect on what he did... If this part was some sort of sentience bound within the Weave, he'd also have had plenty of time to learn the nature of the Weave, and to see how it should be maintained. Mix all that in with something like a Chosen of Mystra sacrificing themselves to bring him back (rather unlikely, admittedly), and you'd have a formula for a returned Karsus who had learned from his mistakes, would not make them again, and would responsibly guide the Weave as well as any of his predecessors.

All that said, I don't think it's the best solution, and it's not the direction I would go if I was in charge of the setting. It's how I would work it if I had to, but I'd prefer not to do it at all (much like my thread discussing an alternative death/rebirth of Mystra).

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  11:55:43  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

quote:

-Eh, I think it would kind of defeat the "purpose" of the story.

Indeed. And besides, he'd already learned from his mistakes. The only way I can see him become the new god of magic is if Mystra willingly hands her throne to him. Which is, of course, very unlikely.

Having learned how crucial Mystra is to the stability of magic itself, when he returns, (that is, if he'd ever return), he may establish a special relationship with her, like Larloch did.

Go to Top of Page

Xar Zarath
Senior Scribe

Malaysia
552 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  13:48:09  Show Profile Send Xar Zarath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finally, thank you Markustay for pointing the drag that we know call Shar! I mean i got sick of her ages ago, she is such a pain in the "loss" if you know what i mean. Personally I want Mask back and Velsharoon though if they bring back Myrkul, I'm game for it. Though if they import Mellifleur then that would be nice too.

Karsus being the new god of magic is like handing the computer to the guy that tried to hack into it, though with 4e and all its 4eness(substitute for wacky) I would be ok with it.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2012 :  16:33:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

See, I think you could say that some part of Karsus has been conscious all this time, and that that part has used the intervening years to reflect on what he did... If this part was some sort of sentience bound within the Weave, he'd also have had plenty of time to learn the nature of the Weave, and to see how it should be maintained.
I'd imagine this has been something both Mystra's have sought to "promote," as a warning to any and all other mortal spellcasters with an eye toward the usurping the divine -- " 'Ware the Folly of Karsus."

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Xar Zarath
Senior Scribe

Malaysia
552 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  06:49:58  Show Profile Send Xar Zarath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So Karsus is more of a poster-boy for "DON"T MESS WITH THE MYSTRA!"?

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  06:56:58  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

On one side, yes. On the other, he's the proof that a mere mortal can be a serious threat to a greater deity.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 03 May 2012 :  20:29:35  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Xar Zarath

So Karsus is more of a poster-boy for "DON"T MESS WITH THE MYSTRA!"?

-I wouldn't say so. Ultimatley, when you sit down and analyze it, Karsus bested Mystryl. It's the unforeseen consequences that came with his actions that ultimately sealed his fate. The story, like Dennis mentioned, is more of one of those mythological warning stories against challenging the gods and Human hubris and all of that. A kind of Tower of Babel analogue.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  04:40:22  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Come to think of it, if Karsus' Folly was indeed a lesson every single powerful archwizard in Toril should have learned, then Szass Tam (who wants not just to challenge one deity, but ALL, by virtue of his Ritual of Unmaking), must be such a stubborn bastard. To think, he well knew of Netheril's history, as Larloch himself told him so.

Go to Top of Page

Xar Zarath
Senior Scribe

Malaysia
552 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  05:06:01  Show Profile Send Xar Zarath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe when Karsus first thought of the Avatar spell, Mystryl did not stop him because...ok lets fast forward a little...
Look at Daurgothoth(did i get that right?)the Creeping Doom. He wants to be the most powerful being there is with the goal of breeding live dracoliches. Now seems impossible but he constantly creates magic to fulfill those ends. Mystra does not tell her Chosen to do anything because the dracolich is a kind of genius that can help advance the Art. Larloch is another such case, powerful and dangerous and also helpful to Mystar, so much so that she crafts him two Nether Scrolls herself for him personally.

Now we go back to Karsus. Maybe the spell was only to channel the power of a goddess, or maybe it could have stolen it. However we must remember that Mystryl shut off the connection when Karsus could not control/regulate the Weave. So i think that she wanted him to create the spell, to further the Art, she being the Goddess of Magic, but when he proved incapable of controlling the energies she stepped in. She could have stopped him but she did not, perhaps because in the end it only made her stronger. Wizards today know of the power of Netheril and constantly seek its secrets, crafting new magics to help them obtain it...make of it as you like...

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  05:33:48  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Karsus' Avatar

I believe it was inspired by Jergal. It is a canon fact that Jergal has set into motion a plan to not only rule the Gods of Faerun, but even Ao himself.

The Lord of the End is a sly dog. He would have had the power to hide what would happen...not only from Mystra, but from Karsus as well.

The wording of the spell itself should be taken into account. As far as Mystra might have thought is that the spell caused the caster to become the Avatar of a God...not completely take their place.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  05:39:08  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Now we go back to Karsus. Maybe the spell was only to channel the power of a goddess, or maybe it could have stolen it. However we must remember that Mystryl shut off the connection when Karsus could not control/regulate the Weave. So i think that she wanted him to create the spell, to further the Art, she being the Goddess of Magic, but when he proved incapable of controlling the energies she stepped in. She could have stopped him but she did not, perhaps because in the end it only made her stronger. Wizards today know of the power of Netheril and constantly seek its secrets, crafting new magics to help them obtain it...make of it as you like...

It sounds contrary to the published lore. Mystryl never intended for anybody else to 'take care' of the Weave. It was only in her later incarnation as Mystra that she learned the value of having her own Chosen, who have been acting as her co-takers of the Weave, albeit indirectly.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  11:00:37  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Karsus' Avatar

I believe it was inspired by Jergal. It is a canon fact that Jergal has set into motion a plan to not only rule the Gods of Faerun, but even Ao himself.

And in what source is this canon fact? I ask because it's not something I'm recalling, and it really contrasts with someone that -- in canon -- got tired of his divine duties and let someone else start doing them, instead putting himself in a servile position.

Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  11:44:00  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My wote goes to Ioulaum.

The main reason for it, is simply that without him, Karsus might never have cast his Avatar spell. To me he shaped magic and the way we think of it and use it. His power and understanding of the machanics of magic was (to me) greater than almost any I can think of. With exceptions ofc: Srinshee, Larloch etc.

But without Ioulaum, I cant see Netherill becoming what it became, nor see Karsus becomming what he became. So... Ioulaum must be the most influential, both indirectly and directly!!!

Go to Top of Page

Xar Zarath
Senior Scribe

Malaysia
552 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  15:00:37  Show Profile Send Xar Zarath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Without Ioulaum there would be no flying cities!!!

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  15:42:43  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

Karsus' Avatar

And in what source is this canon fact? I ask because it's not something I'm recalling, and it really contrasts with someone that -- in canon -- got tired of his divine duties and let someone else start doing them, instead putting himself in a servile position.

Well, I remembered incorrectly; it isn't official Canon as the material I was remembering was published by Paizo.

Dungeon Issue #130, starting on page 58 (by Eric L. Boyd); running the adventure in the Forgotten Realms:

One of his followers...Mak'ar the Spellweaver Lich...

"...Jergal is an alien God...brought to the Realms millennia ago by a pod of Spellweavers...Netherese archwizards studied necromancy with the spellweavers...founded the church of Jergal upon his return."

"According to myth...Jergal grew bored...the truth is far more sinister. Jergal harbored great ambitions to bring all the Realms under his rule, including all the other gods and even Ao, the Overgod."

It goes on to explain a long plan Jergal set into motion to evade the strictures placed upon him by Ao by creating a vessel for his plan, temporarily dividing his power to be regained later, and divesting his own mind of the idea all together so that he can avoid blame/restriction.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  16:11:21  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That was an adaption of a generic (POL, but it wasn't called that back then) adventure arc, so it falls under the category of 'psuedo-canon' (meaning, its can be considered canon in YOUR Realms, but not in the official Realms).

This is even more tenuous then demi-canon, which is what occurs when someone official - OTHER THEN ED - posts their own stuff outside of an official vehicle (like GK does, and Erik Boyd started doing again). We may consider it canon, and it may some day become canon, but its not really canon until its printed somewhere 'official' (and sadly, CK has no official status).

I consider it canon, only in that what is the difference between that stuff and what is printed in other sources? Either way, it can be over-written the moment someone gets it into their mind to do so (and there we have the Pandora's Box they opened - if official canon can be changed on a whim, then its pretty-much the same as fan-fic... true until proven untrue by something else).

quote:

Come to think of it, if Karsus' Folly was indeed a lesson every single powerful archwizard in Toril should have learned, then Szass Tam (who wants not just to challenge one deity, but ALL, by virtue of his Ritual of Unmaking), must be such a stubborn bastard. To think, he well knew of Netheril's history, as Larloch himself told him so.
You reminded me of something (I think) I pointed out long-ago... that entire source can be considered hearsay, because its Larloch telling Szass tam about Netheril, and he could have easily lied about quite a bit, or left out important details (or changed the location of a sea).

There's our out for fixing Netheril in future products; after all, they plan to "open the timeline to all eras of play". let GK loose (in 5e) and have him repair all that messy lore. I don't think he'd mind getting the Arcane Age as playground. (and glue the two Wulgreths back together - having two of them with extremely similar backgrounds is just plain silly).

As for me, I'd rather do the Imaskari - I find them far more interesting.

Edited by - Markustay on 04 May 2012 16:12:57
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3737 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  17:52:58  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

-Any power hungry magician who is worth his weight isn't going to let some event that happened hundreds of years ago interrupt their quest for infinite power (even if they were there and saw it all first hand).

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  19:03:42  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Tim Berners-Lee created the World Wide Web --

I thought Al Gore did that?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  19:07:28  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm inclined to say Ioulaum, but there's this part of me that says.... hey, who invented teleportation.... so I looked that up and I see that was Oberon. Certainly, Ioulaum transformed the look of Netheril, but noone can argue that instant transportation of people and items, while more mundane, was probably just as ... if not more... important.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  19:24:35  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Seeing him over all magic would be... meh... to me. However, seeing him as a god of pact magic wielders and anima mages (binders who also learn arcane magic), now THAT would be interesting to me. If his Vestige were somehow able to get a bunch of anima mages to perform a ritual to bind his Vestige to themselves and free him. Maybe have a sect of warlocks and eldritch theurges as well who serve Karsus. Play up on the fact that he's been trapped for almost two millenia and gone somewhat darker (he was already mad...). Maybe have a priesthood who actually receives spells from him and studies arcane magic too (i.e. mystic theurges).

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2383 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  19:48:10  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

If the Netherese continued to live on the ground, Mystryl's death and the temporary collapse of magic would have less adverse effects...
But if they had no mythallars, probably the whole picture would be different - they won't provoke Phaerimm to act decisively and on a large scale - or at least not that fast, and Shade couldn't hide or planeshift as a whole, without quasimagic toys they would need to develop other items, with rulers' interests closer to the ground Crown vs Scepter war could happen much sooner or later, etc.
quote:

Karsus could have just as easily gone for Jergal or Moander. It was his arrogance that caused him to choose Mystryl.
Or perhaps Kozah.
quote:

Maybe when Karsus first thought of the Avatar spell, Mystryl did not stop him because...ok lets fast forward a little... [...] So i think that she wanted him to create the spell, to further the Art, she being the Goddess of Magic, but when he proved incapable of controlling the energies she stepped in.
There were mentions that gods cannot act against their portfolio/ideals, at least if the same act doesn't directly promote these more. E.g. it was addressed that Oghma barely able to conceal anything, and managed to hide Cyrinishad only because the tome's full of it.
This also means gods who want their own backs scratched whenever needed have vassals with compatible, but different portfolio (Azuth, Red Knight, Mielikki&Eldath) or at least really value mortal servants capable of stopping in time problems the deity occasionally causes (Holly Harrowslough, Vartan Hai Sylvar, Yvonnel then Quenthel Baenre).

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2012 :  20:13:11  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:

Seeing him over all magic would be... meh... to me. However, seeing him as a god of pact magic wielders and anima mages (binders who also learn arcane magic), now THAT would be interesting to me. If his Vestige were somehow able to get a bunch of anima mages to perform a ritual to bind his Vestige to themselves and free him. Maybe have a sect of warlocks and eldritch theurges as well who serve Karsus. Play up on the fact that he's been trapped for almost two millenia and gone somewhat darker (he was already mad...). Maybe have a priesthood who actually receives spells from him and studies arcane magic too (i.e. mystic theurges).

You know what.... after thinking about this for a little more than a couple minutes, I actually think this could prove kind of interesting in a way. Throw Karsus as having followers who are shadow mages as well (possibly even Shades who aren't fond of Telamont and Shar and wish to make their own path). Perhaps Karsus comes back, but the ritual his followers uses relies upon practictioners of both the weave and shadow weave "interweaving" their magic. This interaction creates a tear in reality to the "Far Realm" or whatever void place exists where Vestiges are trapped. It allows Karsus to come back, but with ties to the Shadow Weave. Then, he stands in opposition to Shar AND Mystra. His following would be small, and I see him being more Neutral Evil than neutral. The only thing I'd love better with this plan were if Leira were also involved in the plot and through helping Karsus return, the lady of Illusions came back... and she serves Karsus and not Mystra or Shar.... and she seeks to become the mistress of Illusions & Shadow Magic (not darkness, loss, destruction of the world, etc...).

Of course, this flies in the face of whatever they're planning on doing with Lolth with this drow uprising thing.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000