Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 A Yuan-ti Question.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Doge
Seeker

73 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  17:44:27  Show Profile Send Doge a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
It's my first time to make a yuan-ti pc and I play 3.5 btw. Okay so is there a racial region entry for the yuan-ti? If so may I ask where? And is there a random starting age table, aging effects table and random height and weight table for the yuan-ti like the one on the PGtF or PHB? I'm planning on a making pureblood yuan-ti with an added tail yuan-ti graft btw. Also I couldn't figure out how much gold my character has. Should I give him gold appropriate for a 1st level character or for a 5th level character? He only has one class level but has 4 racial HD. This is also my first character with racial HD. I really need your help on this, great scribes of candlekeep.

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  17:52:06  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You need Serpent Kingdom, a supplement talking about everything concerning Yuan-tis. As for regions, Chuult seems to be the capital for everything serpentine. A few leagues below Waterdeep, Skullport is also interesting, with an underground, pardon the pun, sect of Sseth and a few major yuan-tis NPCs.

Edited by - Kilvan on 07 Apr 2012 17:53:10
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  17:57:24  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You may also want to look at the Extaminaar race in Champions of Ruin.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 07 Apr 2012 :  17:57:30  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For starting gold, consider your 4 HD with 1 class level character an actual level 5 character for everything. That's how I would do, if I ever allowed monster races for PCs.

Also, the Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion Storm of Zehir is focused on Yuan-tis, it all happens in Chuult.
Go to Top of Page

Doge
Seeker

73 Posts

Posted - 08 Apr 2012 :  07:20:40  Show Profile Send Doge a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the help kilvan & hawkins. I'll probably just play as an extaminaar or a tainted one. They seem more pc friendly than a pureblood yuan-ti.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000