Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Mystryl and Mystra: A Mystery of the Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  20:05:45  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Okay... now that I think I've collected all my thoughts... hopefully THO finds this; I didn't want to clutter Ed's scroll with a massive half-quoted post of speculation again.

I've been working on puzzling out something touched on by scribe Kuje some years before my association with the 'Keep:

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje 22 Dec 2005

Ed,

I was pondering the Chosen of Mystra and some of your past replies about Mystra, and her power, and her investing her power in mortals. This led me to ponder Mystryl, who seemed even more powerful then Mystra and Midnight/Mystra.

So my pondering led to me this thought: Did Mystryl have any Chosen like Mystra and Midnight/Mystra does? If so, are any of them still "alive?" Or did they all die when she "died?" If there is anything else that you might want to add to this pondering of mine then it's more then welcome.

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One 22 Dec 2005

Oooh, Kuje, dear: you tread into darkly perilous ground, approaching (gasp) a secret of the Realms that has been sitting in plain sight for lo these many years, just waiting for a brilliant scribe to pounce upon.
Heh-heh. Which is a grand way of saying Ed won't answer you directly. You'll have to wait (for some time) for a rather more public answer.
Heh heh heh.
love,
THO

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert 22 Dec 2005

I wonder if that means that one or more of the Netherese survivors is/was a Chosen of Mystryl...

I've confirmed this to be true; see links below.

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje 08 Jan 2010

I never understood why her alignment was changed. It's been one of the things that's always bothered me. Which is another reason why I kept the old Mystra.

I have a possible explanation for this; see the end of the post.

And here are my references to earlier speculation on the matter (much of it mine):

Here (starting "22 Dec 2005 08:51")
Here (from the top)
Here (starting "17 Apr 2010 22:20")
Here (starting "21 Aug 2010 20:30")

So... I wasn't even thinking about this when something hit me: Mystryl/Mystra's alignment in any given incarnation seems to be reflective of the alignment of the most significant of her Chosen. She went from LN (pre-ToT as well as pre-FoN; Khelben and Karsus, and possibly Halaster pre-FoN) to CG (post-ToT; Elminster)... and (as noted in the referenced scrolls above) the beginning of Halaster's madness corresponds closely with the fall of Netheril and the death of Mystryl... and we've seen El lose his mind with the death of Mystra 2.0. So the expanded theory is that Mystra's persona comes from the Chosen she vests the greatest amount of her power in. Anyway, I need to go to work; more on this later, if I can right my derailed train of thought, which is starting to leave the rails now anyway.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 27 Feb 2012 22:40:46

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  20:27:22  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some awesome, interesting ideas you have there. Hoping Elminster Enraged touches on some of them.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  21:15:16  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting.

My own theories have more to do with the creation of the first Mystryl and the Weave. I had thought that her personality was more dependent upon the mortal she (the power of the Weave) merged with.

Strangely, in my own thread, I am trying to take some of the RW deity names and making them more... Realmsish? generic?. Like replacing 'Ymir' with Imaar.

So I used Mitra to be a more primoridal version of Jazirian (because I'm not overly fond of Jazirian), and then decided I didn't want 'Mitra' (or 'Mithra', or 'Mithras', etc) because that would have some of the RW baggage that Ymir did. So I changed it to Mytra... and thats when I realized how close Mitra was to Mystra.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 23 Feb 2012 21:16:09
Go to Top of Page

Wolfhound75
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  22:22:32  Show Profile Send Wolfhound75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sitting here doing the Realmsian version of "I could've had a V-8!" smack to the forehead.

Very, very, very intriguing stuff Jakk. Thanks for sharing and if it were in my power to award you the Super Sleuth title, I would. I can't wait to hear the rest of your expounded hypothesis.

In this case my signature is literal....

Good Hunting!

"Firepower - if it's not working, you're not using enough." ~ Military Proverb

"If at first you do succeed, you must've rolled a natural 20!"
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  01:53:08  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm, that's a interesting observation and maybe you're onto something, Jakk. I never put that together, usually cause I don't really look at alignments to much but Mystra's I always have because of all the debates that take place around her and her alignment and abilities and how often people complain because she's a "good" aligned deity.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  02:34:17  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I may be more of a 'shared mind' situation. She links with her Chosen, and that shapes her personality (alignment in D&D terms).

We have a perfect demonstration of this in Elmninster in Hell - not only did the Old Mage make mental contact with other chosen, he apparently was able to also send things to her other 'agents' (which interestingly enough included Mirt and Vangerdehast). All become parts of Mystra's mind. By granting her access to theirs, they have access to hers, and by extension, other of her agents.

And when that connection is suddenly broken, the 'overmind' dies with it, and the more deeply enmeshed in Mystra's psyche (like her Chosen), the more mentally unstable they become after the trauma.

So I think you are onto something Jakk, but its just the tip of the iceberg.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 24 Feb 2012 05:00:03
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  04:33:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Let's toss out a couple of other relevant bits of info...

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I just had a thought... When Mystryl died, she dumped her power into a human girl.

Mystra 1.0 dumped a lot of her power into a human girl, too, before Midnight came along and got the rest of that power.

We also know that Mystra 1.0 possessed a mortal woman and had a slew of daughters with her, daughters that contained part of Mystra's essence...

What if Mystryl did the same thing? It's possible that the nameless girl who became Mystra was either a daughter of or a descendant of Mystryl. For that matter, a lot of magical anamolies could be explained that way -- maybe all of the non-Seven Chosen are descendants of Mystryl. Maybe some other odd cases, like wild talents, incantatrices, and even spellfire wielders are all descendants of Mystryl.

I might be wrong, but it's an interesting idea, thinks I.

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

In some of my 'deep secrets' musings in this thread and others, I have had some indication by 'persons in the know' (can't remember the specifics... probably Ed via THO) that the artifact that is Mystra requires some sort of mortal connection. Exactly why and and how deep that connection must be has never been discussed, because it falls into that 'deep secrets' category. I am not sure if it has anything to do with her initial creation, or some rule imposed upon her later by Ao (or even something else).

quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Markustay, you recall correctly - - and Wooly, you tread into dangerous ground, you wise and insightful hamster, you!
(Which is a not so subtle way of saying you're on to something, both of you.)

THO

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  05:41:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Further ramblings for consideration:-
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

If we look at it from this perspective, then I'd suspect Ao has something else up his divine sleeve beside just a simple reboot for Mystra.

Considering how many times she has already been down this path of repeated death and rebirth, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Ao and [by extension] whatever remains of Mystra 2.0, have both sat down and had a chat about working to ensure a new Goddess of Magic that is entirely reconstituted in ways that can't be so easily corrupted by others. This would require a fundamental rethinking of Mystra's relationship with the intimate connection between the Weave, her Chosen, and Realmspace, as well as her standing amongst the post-Spellplague pantheon of deities.

In other words, we're talking about skipping Mystra 3.0 and jumping straight to Mystra 7.0 or even 8.0.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 24 Feb 2012 05:42:47
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  05:47:09  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With Mystra 7.0, Wizards will now be able to "go to the cloud".

But seriously, I actually think the 'reboot thing' is a built-in safety feature, mandated by Ao (or his superiors). Think of the human connection like a stopper in a drain.

Mystra is too powerful for a simple deity - she needs her 'kryptonite'.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  05:53:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What if Mystryl did the same thing? It's possible that the nameless girl who became Mystra was either a daughter of or a descendant of Mystryl. For that matter, a lot of magical anamolies could be explained that way -- maybe all of the non-Seven Chosen are descendants of Mystryl. Maybe some other odd cases, like wild talents, incantatrices, and even spellfire wielders are all descendants of Mystryl.
And, something else that I just remembered:-
quote:

I've speculated previously that some of the possible "Chosen" of Mystryl may in fact have been these magical anomalies.

As Ed has said in the past, the reality of Mystryl having Chosen is supposedly "a secret of the Realms that has been sitting in plain sight for lo these many years." What if these anomalies become the original templates for how the Chosen of Mystra were to work, later with the rise of Mystra?

Interestingly, perhaps the whole concept of the Seven "Sisters" isn't something that's a wholly new invention in the faith of magical mysteries either. Maybe there were "Seven" magical anomalies of Mystryl as well.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  06:05:39  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What if...

Instead of a 'Weave', which some one else named for the published Realms, it was more like a web or net (which is how Ed described it, IIRC).

Now if magic = life (in Ed's Realms), that means Weave = life, right? What if the Weave itself wasn't some separate, intangible thing, but rather, a neural-network of all living things on Toril?

Maybe the Chosen become Chosen because they are the major conjunction-points in this 'life web'.

They become a type of 'magical nexus' point, as the patterns of energy criss-cross around the world. This could be completely random, or it could be that these people have a certain bloodline, or were 'born under the right star', or maybe were just in the right place at the right time.

Edited by - Markustay on 24 Feb 2012 06:07:46
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  07:03:26  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What if...

Instead of a 'Weave', which some one else named for the published Realms, it was more like a web or net (which is how Ed described it, IIRC).

Now if magic = life (in Ed's Realms), that means Weave = life, right? What if the Weave itself wasn't some separate, intangible thing, but rather, a neural-network of all living things on Toril?

So... depending on when Ed originated the concept, he may have come up with "the force" (albeit on a planetary, not galactic, scale) before George Lucas? Okay, I really want THO to read this scroll now.

quote:

Maybe the Chosen become Chosen because they are the major conjunction-points in this 'life web'.

They become a type of 'magical nexus' point, as the patterns of energy criss-cross around the world. This could be completely random, or it could be that these people have a certain bloodline, or were 'born under the right star', or maybe were just in the right place at the right time.

Well, from what Wooly and The Sage have said earlier, I think bloodline has a lot to do with it... but it may not be all there is. I'd love to know more about Khelben's and Elminster's ancestry... not that I'm suggesting a familial relationship there, mind you, but...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  07:11:17  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

Hmmm, that's a interesting observation and maybe you're onto something, Jakk. I never put that together, usually cause I don't really look at alignments to much but Mystra's I always have because of all the debates that take place around her and her alignment and abilities and how often people complain because she's a "good" aligned deity.

Thanks, Kuje. I've always felt a bit annoyed by both Mystra's good alignment in 2e/3e and what a big sore point it is for so many people. In the first place, magic should never have any ethical or moral orientation, and if it has any off-center tendency at all, it should be toward absolute chaos (but then, the ToT happened so early in the history of FR as a published full setting that wild magic has always been intrinsically Realmsian for me). In the second, if you don't like it, change it!

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  03:36:10  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

But seriously, I actually think the 'reboot thing' is a built-in safety feature, mandated by Ao (or his superiors). Think of the human connection like a stopper in a drain.

I believe Ao has ways to 'regulate' the powers of all the gods, so that no one would ever rise to be another overgod, a rival. His means of regulating the other gods' strengths are mostly secret and less catastrophic to the gods involved, save a few like Mystryl/Mystra. Which could be his 'special case.'

The reboot that he pre-programmed on Mystryl/Mystra is always on schedule. Heck, he might have been the one who showed Karsus the star that powered his Avatar spell.

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 25 Feb 2012 03:36:58
Go to Top of Page

Nicolai Withander
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1093 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  13:10:20  Show Profile Send Nicolai Withander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:

I believe Ao has ways to 'regulate' the powers of all the gods, so that no one would ever rise to be another overgod, a rival. His means of regulating the other gods' strengths are mostly secret and less catastrophic to the gods involved, save a few like Mystryl/Mystra. Which could be his 'special case.'

The reboot that he pre-programmed on Mystryl/Mystra is always on schedule. Heck, he might have been the one who showed Karsus the star that powered his Avatar spell.

Star? Do you just mean this as a "guiding star" or an actual component for the spell?
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  15:16:16  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It was the spell component referred to as 'star' which the phaerimm brought to Karsus's attention and which Karsus plucked from the 'future.'

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  15:52:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

It was the spell component referred to as 'star' which the phaerimm brought to Karsus's attention and which Karsus plucked from the 'future.'

I must admit, I don't recall that reference... Where is it described? I want to read that bit again, because I just had an interesting thought on which "star" it could be...

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  16:16:36  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Quoted from Dangerous Games:

quote:

High in the sky, slicing the night in an arc, was a shooting star. Even as he watched, it completed its journey from the heavens to the earth. The glare illuminated distant tall trees like twigs in a campfire—for just a second, then the light was snuffed out. Sunbright thought he felt the earth under his boots shake, but that was his imagination. He wasn't on the earth, but floating a mile above it.

quote:

Then, abruptly, he found his (their) destination. And it made sense, for the shooting star and Greenwillow's warning had broken his sleepwalking, kept him from pitching out a window.

Here the shooting star had plunged into a hillside, blowing open a crater like a tumbled mine shaft.

Easing his sword from its scabbard, though he sensed no danger, Sunbright paced forward. The forest here was scrubby, rife with pin oaks and mossy granite rocks taller than himself. Yet several rocks had been blown aside like dandelion fluff when the star crashed. The forest was hushed, for animals still avoided the area. Quietly, wary of hidden holes, Sunbright padded across old leaves, then onto fresh-turned dirt of yellow and brown. The hillside was not high, and the impact had split the top like a loaf of bread, leaving a large hole. Sunbright tiptoed to peek inside.

quote:

Candlemas squinted in the dark. The little star was glowing. Ripples of green light chased each other across its surface.

Sunbright glanced down, hissed, "You said it wouldn't glow!"

"It shouldn't!" Candlemas backed up, slid on sand, landed back on the cooling star.

Eldritch fire illuminated his hairy toes. "It's magical, but—"

Near Candlemas's shoulder, Sunbright ducked as the rushing sounded again, louder, as if a giant bird beat the forest, hunting them, or a hurricane stirred the tree crowns. But the sound was loudest in the hole. The rushing came from the fallen star. "It's hissing! It's working! It's—"

"Get out!" Candlemas grabbed the barbarian's belt to haul himself along even while pushing. "Get out! It's going to explo—"

Green light flashed from the star, engulfed the two men, and winked out.

The smoking hole lay empty.

And finally:

quote:

Karsus was kneeling and babbling like a child. One dirty hand tugged at his hair, so much so it was ragged and short above his ear. His other hand stroked the star-stone repeatedly. "Exactly, exactly what we need! Exactly! All my experiments have been leading up to—"

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  17:26:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm. Prolly can't work that into my idea, then... Too much effort to reconcile that description with my own idea.

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  18:10:38  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So.... what I'm hearing here is that Mystra's chosen are likely blood relations to her... which means that Mystryl/Mystra is big into incest :-)

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  18:11:19  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It sounds more like a meteor then a real star (were you thinking about a fragment of the First Sun, Wooly?).

But in Realmspace, stars are just giant gems fastened to the inside of the Sphere... aren't they also conduits to the Plane of Radiance?

Hmmmmm Hmmmmm... {insert head-scratching smiley}

You know Wooly, the more I consider some of the lore from Realmspace, the more I think a lot of it was taken from Ed's notes (but I guess we will never know... or will we?) The inside of the Sphere was also covered with the formula for every spell in existence - that is something no other sphere in SJ had (that we know of).
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

So.... what I'm hearing here is that Mystra's chosen are likely blood relations to her...<snip>
THIS is a very interesting notion indeed. Especially when you consider the Magister's work with the Incipient Clans.

Not to be confused with the 'Insipid Clans'.

Edited by - Markustay on 25 Feb 2012 18:14:28
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  18:34:33  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hmmm. Prolly can't work that into my idea, then... Too much effort to reconcile that description with my own idea.

Why? What did you think the star was? A giant glowing mushroom?

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  18:39:39  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No, I thought they were immense balls of burning gas and atomic reactions.

In other words, a stone infused with considerable amount of magic.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  18:44:31  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

So.... what I'm hearing here is that Mystra's chosen are likely blood relations to her...<snip>
THIS is a very interesting notion indeed. Especially when you consider the Magister's work with the Incipient Clans.

Not to be confused with the 'Insipid Clans'.

Maybe. Incest is not a taboo among the gods, or for any greater beings.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  21:21:04  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It sounds more like a meteor then a real star (were you thinking about a fragment of the First Sun, Wooly?).

I agree with Mark's analysis... and I, too, am curious as to Wooly's original idea.

So, Hamsterish One, will you share your thoughts with us as well?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  01:03:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So.... what I'm hearing here is that Mystra's chosen are likely blood relations to her... which means that Mystryl/Mystra is big into incest :-)

Or, as I've speculated about before, it could be a similar scenario to the creation of the Seven Sisters. In that each of the Chosen has the same father, kind of like Dornal being the father of most of the Seven Sisters.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  01:32:22  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Or, as I've speculated about before, it could be a similar scenario to the creation of the Seven Sisters. In that each of the Chosen has the same father, kind of like Dornal being the father of most of the Seven Sisters.

All of the Seven, Sage. The only difference was for the last one... Qilue had a different gestational mother, but apart from that, they were all children of Mystra initially, and Dornal was the biological father of all of them.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  01:36:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I didn't realise, but I was alluding to a tweak in my own Realms with that last bit. Dornal wasn't the father of Qilue in my Realms, unlike what we've learned from the canon Realmslore.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  02:00:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

quote:

I agree with Mark's analysis... and I, too, am curious as to Wooly's original idea.

So, Hamsterish One, will you share your thoughts with us as well?

Oh, it was something pertaining to my own, alternate version of the death and rebirth of Mystra. I was for a while fiddling with a way to kill Mystra, reduce the number of Chosen, and bring her back, all without having a big RSE in the process. It was basically me trying to accomplish a couple of the design goals of the 4E Realms, but with connections to prior lore and a lack of a horrendous kablooie (space or otherwise! ).

There were a couple elements I never quite worked out, and in time I drifted away from the idea. I've still got some very rough notes, though, that I may dig up and share.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  03:20:43  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh, it was something pertaining to my own, alternate version of the death and rebirth of Mystra. I was for a while fiddling with a way to kill Mystra, reduce the number of Chosen, and bring her back, all without having a big RSE in the process. It was basically me trying to accomplish a couple of the design goals of the 4E Realms, but with connections to prior lore and a lack of a horrendous kablooie (space or otherwise! ).

There were a couple elements I never quite worked out, and in time I drifted away from the idea. I've still got some very rough notes, though, that I may dig up and share.

I remember you talking about that, back in my early days here, around the dawn of the Spellplague...

I would be very interested in seeing those notes... in the meantime, I need to figure out how to get the rest of my books to me so I can do my own pre-3E FR research.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  03:31:09  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wasn't there another star - one that may have been connected to the Spellplague? An OLD reference from the OGB... something about a 'Black Star' and Storm, or some-such? Or was it Dove? I forget.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000