Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Ironstar Clan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikie
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  12:32:50  Show Profile Send mikie a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met all!
I've been in the Realms for nearly 2 decades and I just LOVE it! I have a question regarding the Ironstar Clan. My companions & I traveled BACK to the Time of Troubles. We also have added a new player/ character; he brought in dwarf fighter from the Troubles time. My question, (sorry it took this long to ask) Is/ does the Ironstar Clan still exist in this time(Troubles)? OR have they fled to the Fallen Kingdom? Any information would be a GREAT help. Thanks!

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  13:33:54  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure if you want. Why not!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

mikie
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  17:41:24  Show Profile Send mikie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was just trying to get the time-line right. So if it does, then my co-DM & I could create the clan & keep.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  20:23:38  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello mikie and welcome to the forums!

I don't know the answer to your question. You might get a better response if you repost your question on the Sages of Realmslore shelf.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  21:42:23  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since Ed Greenwood wrote Dwarves Deep, I suggest you ask him directly, here. Though your reply will come via The Lady Hooded One, who is his herald here at the 'Keep.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

mikie
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  22:08:38  Show Profile Send mikie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My thanks! I shall pursue both of your suggestions. Wish me luck.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  22:37:43  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a bit of info...

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

The best source on the Ironstar dwarves remains the old 1E sourcebook FR11 Dwarves Deep. The Ironstar kingdom fell in 207 DR and the surviving dwarves (Ironstar was located in the same mountain range as Mithral Hall - see Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark) fled south to safety with their kin in the small dwarven realm of Dardath (located in the Horn Hills near Waterdeep and north of the Delimbiyr River). Dardath (and presumably its Ironstar dwarven contingent) later became an integral part of Phalorm, the Realm of Three Crowns, known better as the Fallen Kingdom. It is likely that following the disintegration of Phalorm in 615 DR that the Ironstar dwarves as a united clan were scattered. They receive a couple of mentions in realmslore since, notably Delg of the Shandril novels fame and a rumor that some Ironstar dwarves travelled to the island of Mintarn and created an enclave there. I think Eric Boyd in his Mintiper's Chapbook series on the WotC FR website mentions an Ironstar dwarf or two also. That's pretty much the sum total of what we know - well, at least until "The Clans of Faerūn" gets published.

-- George Krashos

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

mikie
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2012 :  13:38:50  Show Profile Send mikie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
my thanks! This is GREAT reference material. It will help in my research. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2012 :  06:56:19  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ironstar dwarves do indeed still exist.

You might want to read the novel "Spellfire" by Ed Greenwood. His dwarf protagonist, Delg, is an Ironstar dwarf.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2012 :  16:11:27  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Ironstar dwarves do indeed still exist.

You might want to read the novel "Spellfire" by Ed Greenwood. His dwarf protagonist, Delg, is an Ironstar dwarf.

-- George Krashos

I believe a good case can be made that the Ironstar dwarves became the ruling clan of Dardath as well. As I've been rewriting N5 - Under Illefarn, I've gone with that, making Derval / Dervin / Korin members of Clan Ironaxe but of Ironstar descent.

I posted an Ironstar bloodline feat in my Ask Eric Boyd thread (page 35, I think).

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000