Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Neverwinter Saga Book II and Drows. SPOILER
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Valmon
Acolyte

Brazil
11 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2012 :  15:57:53  Show Profile Send Valmon a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Hello,

I was reading this second book of neverwinter trilogy and something bothered me...

I dont know if you agree, But I think salvatore is very hesitant to follow the forgotten storyline in his books...

What I mean is... After the Lady Penints trilogy events, All the goodly drows were destroyed or turned to dark elves... the book ends concluding now ALL drows belongs to Lolth... and thus are enimies of Corellon Larethian...

What I mean is... Luskan has been full of drows in last decades... Bregan D'aerthe is widely active in Luskan and in Calimport... and where are the elite force of Corellon? They so do hate the drows and they are allowin the drows to live in the surface?

I'd hope a lot of assassin elves to atack Bregan D'aerthe... actually the main dificult for Bregan D'aerthe to live in the surface should be the Corellon and his elite force of elves...

But as salvatore describes... the drows are not having this kind of trouble... actually... they had a very good time in the surface...

I love salvatore work... and I do love the drows and stuff... but I think salvatore underestimate the Surface Elf Power... and underestimate the power of Corellon as well...

what u think guys?

Her web covers all

and the World is her prey

Valmon
Acolyte

Brazil
11 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2012 :  16:06:51  Show Profile Send Valmon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And mainly... what about Shevarash? Shevarash is the elven deity of revenge, loss and hatred of the Drow, if this article is correct http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Shevarash

The drow presence in the surface should have become the main cause for this god...

Her web covers all

Go to Top of Page

Cronje
Seeker

56 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2012 :  03:01:40  Show Profile Send Cronje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't assume that all drow "belong" to Lolth. I very much doubt the faithless or drow who worship human or elven would have their souls forced into Lolth's realm. As for the elves... despite their retaking of Cormanthyr, I don't think there are really so many that they can afford to send war parties out to known drow surface outposts, much less those they don't know about. Bregan D'aerthe is notoriously sneaky, and from what I remember from the novel, they had largely abandoned Luskan.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2012 :  04:26:19  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-The conclusion of the Lady Penitent trilogy removed in Eilistraee's followers and Drow who had pure Miyeritaari bloodlines the 'Descent Curse' that transformed their ancestors from Dark Elves to Drow.

-That was in 1,378 DR. The current Forgotten Realms year is 1,479 DR (or some such). In 100 years, a lot can happen- that is an entire generation, more or less, in comparative Elven years. Add to the mix the fact that many of these newly restored Dark Elves suddenly found themselves in an unforgiving Underdark without their ability to see in the dark (presumably), and the innate magical powers that Drow possess (Faerie Fire, Levitation, Darkness, etc.), and their immediate futures did not look very safe and secure.

-All of that aside, why would anything change? Before the events of the book, and after, Corellon Larethian and Lolth were enemies. The seeming death of Eilistraee wouldn't change anything. Just as in the past, numerous variables kept Lolth's fragmented followers (and those in their sphere of influence) from waging an all out holy war on the followers of Corellon Larethian and the rest of the Seldarine, and numerous variables kept Corellon Larethian's fragmented followers (and those in their sphere of influence) from waging an all out holy war on the followers of Lolth.

-Though nothing says it, we should presume that things are more or less the same as they ever are. Drow don't like surface cousins and periodically do harmful things to them. Elves don't like their Underdark cousins and periodically do harmful things to them. The status quo is the same as it has been for centuries.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 18 Feb 2012 04:28:01
Go to Top of Page

Valmon
Acolyte

Brazil
11 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2012 :  14:49:39  Show Profile Send Valmon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

... it's not the same thing... before... only the folowers of elistrae was in the surface... and they were not a target for gods like Shevarash and the rest of the seldarine as well...

but now... the followers of elistrae is no more... and no drow should be tolerated on surface....

The Seldarine as one hate the drows... and they are highly in disvantage in the surface....

You say the Bregan D'aerthe is sneaky... but so is the surface elves... you understimate them as well...

The seldarine is composed of how many gods? and all of them dispises Lolth and the Drows

Im just sayin Bregan D'aerthe should have some trouble with this in the surface... the Corellon clerics should be outraged with this drow presence in the surface (and yes... now Bregan D'aerthe is no more in luskan... but they were highly present there for decades)...

Her web covers all

Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2012 :  11:52:07  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah but the Seldarine has lost much of its power. Aside from Corelleon everyone is now an Exarch or has turned out to be the aspect of some human god. Perhaps they don't want to risk all out war in such a situation.
Go to Top of Page

Valmon
Acolyte

Brazil
11 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  01:29:40  Show Profile Send Valmon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

wow, Thats true... I didnt know that... is there a novel describing this changes in elven pantheon?

Her web covers all

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  04:49:11  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valmon

... it's not the same thing... before... only the folowers of elistrae was in the surface... and they were not a target for gods like Shevarash and the rest of the seldarine as well...

but now... the followers of elistrae is no more... and no drow should be tolerated on surface....

The Seldarine as one hate the drows... and they are highly in disvantage in the surface....

You say the Bregan D'aerthe is sneaky... but so is the surface elves... you understimate them as well...

The seldarine is composed of how many gods? and all of them dispises Lolth and the Drows

Im just sayin Bregan D'aerthe should have some trouble with this in the surface... the Corellon clerics should be outraged with this drow presence in the surface (and yes... now Bregan D'aerthe is no more in luskan... but they were highly present there for decades)...
[/quote]

-None of that changes the fact that Corellon Larethian and Lolth have been enemies for millennia, and that no single event has taken place to plunge the entire Elven world- Drow and non-Drow- into a cataclysmic, apocalyptic jihad. Lolth doesn't seek to have her followers (and those in their sphere of influence) commit to a nihilistic holy war on the followers of Corellon Larethian and the rest of the Seldarine, and Corellon Larethian and the Seldarine don't seek to commit their followers (and those in their sphere of influence) to a nihilistic holy war on the followers of Lolth.

-Drow don't like surface cousins and periodically do harmful things to them. Elves don't like their Underdark cousins and periodically do harmful things to them. The status quo is the same as it has been for centuries. Drow settlements on the surface are nothing new. Just like Elves across Faerūn have tolerated them in the past, for various reasons specific to the Elves and Drow in question, they will continue to tolerate them for various reasons specific to the Elves and Drow in question.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2012 :  17:40:46  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erevan Ilesere is still about causing mischief, so it's not just Corellon who's left.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  11:40:15  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valmon

wow, Thats true... I didnt know that... is there a novel describing this changes in elven pantheon?

Uh not really, it was just explained in the campaign guides and stuff.
Though maybe there should be.
Go to Top of Page

Charles Phipps
Master of Realmslore

1419 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  23:56:56  Show Profile  Visit Charles Phipps's Homepage Send Charles Phipps a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Besides, why wouldn't Corellon protect the Dark Elves?

Since when did he go from Good to Chaotic Evil?

My Blog: http://unitedfederationofcharles.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  06:33:28  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Charles Phipps

Besides, why wouldn't Corellon protect the Dark Elves?

Since when did he go from Good to Chaotic Evil?

I believe he did take the Dark Elves under his wing as described in the conclusion of the Lady Penitent Series though admittedly I have yet to come across any mention of them anywhere else.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  21:33:35  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

I believe he did take the Dark Elves under his wing as described in the conclusion of the Lady Penitent Series though admittedly I have yet to come across any mention of them anywhere else.

-Corellon Larethian possessed a necklace that seemingly belonged to Eilistraee, seemingly symbolizing him taking up her portfolio and charges.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  07:16:11  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

quote:
Originally posted by Thauranil

-Corellon Larethian possessed a necklace that seemingly belonged to Eilistraee, seemingly symbolizing him taking up her portfolio and charges.

Ok thanks for letting me know. Well at least that means Lolth wont get her hands on it which can only be a good thing. She has too many portfolios as it is.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2012 :  04:46:45  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As expressed by the fact that Corellian's sphere is fey and the drow in 4e are fey.
Go to Top of Page

jerrod
Learned Scribe

157 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2012 :  07:54:14  Show Profile Send jerrod a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As of 4ed the self-diltued light-elves have more recent troubles to worry about,than to attempt a war of genocide against an old foe that would leave them too weak to defend their lands against surface enemies like shade,Dennis,many-arrows,abolethic sovereignty,and poachers! Beside Lolth is as mighty as corellon now! The seldrine missed their chance when she was still an intermediate power. Her web does encompass all and the world IS her prey!!! Lol

I haven't been here in years but I used to be DARKFLAME MILLITHOR(DROW ARCHMAGE of wildmagic
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2012 :  14:42:31  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Does that include Vhaeraun's portfolio now too? Does Corellon now wear the mask?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3738 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2012 :  16:34:13  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

quote:

Does that include Vhaeraun's portfolio now too? Does Corellon now wear the mask?

-Since Eilistraee absorbed Vhaeraun, presumably.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2012 :  15:50:08  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How utterly boring. To me, the different factions and faiths within drow society was what kept them interesting.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000