Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Questions about Amn
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rils
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2012 :  23:26:52  Show Profile Send Rils a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hey gang, I'm sure this info is out there, so I wanted to start here instead of Asking Ed. A couple questions about Amn:
- Has anything been said, besides the two paragraphs in the 4e FRCG, about Amn's Council of Five? Particularly deatils of who currently holds the positions (FRCG only lists family names) and what their particular holdings/interests are.
- The 4e FRCG also mentions a potential 6th Council member, and I seem to recall hearing that the last time the 6th member died, the other 5 just never bothered to replace them (and thus more power for themselves). Who would be the logical successor to that role, say, if a campaign wanted to reinstate them?
- How are magic users "certified" by the Cowled Wizards? What is the process to get licensed, and how are you marked as licensed (i.e. do you get a membership card, or a magic tatoo, or etc etc).

Thanks!

Dugmaren Brightmantle is my homey.

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2012 :  00:53:49  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the 4E Realms, where I can be Julia Roberts and ask you: "What do you want it to be?".

There are no answers to your questions. Enjoy making stuff up. It's fun.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Rils
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2012 :  02:53:40  Show Profile Send Rils a Private Message  Reply with Quote
lol, awesome! I'll do just that then!

The names stuff I can work with, but let me broaden the last question a bit regarding the Cowled Wizards - was there EVER any lore about this, from previous editions? Or is this perhaps an "Ask Ed" question?

Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2012 :  04:50:34  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Welcome to the 4E Realms, where I can be Julia Roberts and ask you: "What do you want it to be?".

I've been waiting a while for a quote to put in a signature. I think I just found it.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2012 :  05:12:41  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by xaeyruudh

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I've been waiting a while for a quote to put in a signature. I think I just found it.

Dang. You beat me to it.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6648 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2012 :  00:15:08  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rils

lol, awesome! I'll do just that then!

The names stuff I can work with, but let me broaden the last question a bit regarding the Cowled Wizards - was there EVER any lore about this, from previous editions? Or is this perhaps an "Ask Ed" question?

Booklet 3 of the "Lands of Intrigue" boxed set by Steven Schend had a small write-up of them and they are referenced (again without a huge amount of detail) in Ed's "Volo's Guide to Baldur's Gate".

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Rils
Learned Scribe

USA
108 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2012 :  00:35:06  Show Profile Send Rils a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks George, I'll have to check into that Volo's Guide, I don't think I've seen it before...

I looked through some of the old Lands of Intrigue set and a few other resources like that, and they had some good info (like that the CWs started out as an underground group of Azuth/Denier worshippers), but didn't answer the exact question I was looking for (which I need for our campaign group who will be moving into Amn shortly). I'll keep hunting, thanks!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000