Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Heroes of-?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  21:55:11  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know or have you heard rumors on what the next Heroes of- source book is going to be? Right now, Heroes of the Elemental Chaos is coming out, but I'd like to get a hint at what the next one will be.

I'm betting it's going to be Heroes of the Astral Sea, though I'd also like to see Heroes of the Nine Hells.

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  23:50:28  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I like the sound of Heroes of the Nine Hells.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  00:45:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Wizards are just following the planar groupings of the 4e cosmology, for these books:- like Shadowfell and Elemental Chaos. So I'd presume Heroes of the Astral Sea will be the next and final book in the series.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  01:25:02  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really hope they add The Nine Hells (and the Abyss, if need be....$%"$% demons!) I'd love to play as an Erinyes (I'll revert them back to the good 'ol 3e ones because I hate what they did with them in 4e), and see about making Succubi and Incubi (I'm including them both as the same) as characters as well, if they include them.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  03:56:33  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could be Heroes of the the Planes Above and Below and roll it into one big supplement.

As for playing Succubi and Incubi, there are ways of re-flavoring other races to fit those needs and remain balanced. A tiefling race with swapped out Infernal Wrath for say.....well any other Racial power could work. Like shapechanging, there's always the Changeling's racial power or a Dragonborn's Breath Weapon (reflavored something more like brimstone blast or hellfire strike).
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  04:48:18  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

Could be Heroes of the the Planes Above and Below and roll it into one big supplement.

As for playing Succubi and Incubi, there are ways of re-flavoring other races to fit those needs and remain balanced. A tiefling race with swapped out Infernal Wrath for say.....well any other Racial power could work. Like shapechanging, there's always the Changeling's racial power or a Dragonborn's Breath Weapon (reflavored something more like brimstone blast or hellfire strike).

After researching Erinyes a lot, I really want to play as one of them now I hate what 4e did to them though. In my mind, they're still the good 'ol 3.5e Erinyes
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  05:05:06  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is IF they do another than yeah astral sea would be the last as I don't see them doing a heroes of menzoborean..... or one of of elminter's forgotten realms.....

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4426 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  05:21:20  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erendriel Durothil

quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

After researching Erinyes a lot, I really want to play as one of them now I hate what 4e did to them though. In my mind, they're still the good 'ol 3.5e Erinyes

Okey dokey then. Give me what you feel is 'best' about the Race and I'll devise a full stat write-up for ya. I'm open to the challenge
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  11:44:17  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sent the details to you in a PM :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000