Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 FR'eak (DDI)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  13:47:04  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
FR'eak

quote:
This year in the magazines, we’re taking a break
from the Nentir Vale “points of light” setting to shine
a light on the Forgotten Realms as well as some of
our other popular worlds, past and present. You’ll see
more Eberron® articles, more Dark Sun® articles,
and even some content for Ravenloft®, Planescape®,
and the World of Greyhawk™. But the Realms, in particular,
will receive a lot of love.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 02 Feb 2012 13:48:43

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  14:42:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I'm delighted by the increased love for all these worlds, I'm also disappointed that DRAGONLANCE isn't receiving any attention.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  15:39:08  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

While I'm delighted by the increased love for all these worlds, I'm also disappointed that DRAGONLANCE isn't receiving any attention.

Stealing a quote from Critical Hits
"New Products Seminar:
DDI will continue throughout 2012, supporting 4e with new content. Some content was teased: some Ravenloft and Dragonlance support will come out, the monthly Eye on Dark Sun columns will continue and there will be a Dark Sun-themed month, and an article called “Ecology of the Vegepygmy” will be released at some point."

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  15:47:45  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Beautiful words that repeat a lot of what has been said before:
quote:
On the other hand, the Forgotten Realms setting is a place where thousands of stories and adventures can play out. True, the Realms has seen its share of world-shaking events, and there are linchpin characters the likes of Drizzt Do’Urden and Elminster, but for whatever reason, none of that impinges on my ability as a DM to conjure up new adventure ideas set in the Realms. Furthermore, FR players rarely feel as though their characters live in the shadows of legends. The Realms always seems to make room for the next great story, the next great hero, no matter how many articles and novels and game supplements we publish.
(emphasis mine)

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  16:16:59  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Glad to hear more FR stuff is coming from Wizards of the Coast.
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  16:38:39  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Beautiful words that repeat a lot of what has been said before:
[quote] FR players rarely feel as though their characters live in the shadows of legends)

It is about time they put this in print.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  18:39:34  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

Beautiful words that repeat a lot of what has been said before: FR players rarely feel as though their characters live in the shadows of legends)

Ah, but are FR Dungeon Masters just as resilient?

Do they feel like they live in the shadow of the Spellplague? ;)

I don't, myself. There's too much good post-Spellplague Realmslore being produced that's not directly linked to the Spellplague for me to worry about it.

Good material is good material. Especially when Ed is writing it.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 02 Feb 2012 18:40:46
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  22:07:01  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First, I don't begrudge fans of any setting or any version of a setting their material. I'm glad the various settings are getting some attention.

It really bothers me that the company Mr Perkins works for (if not Mr Perkins himself) was singing a vastly different tune just a few years ago. Where was this supposed respect for the Forgotten Realms then?

Instead of designers sniping at the setting, this was the tone absolutely needed for the 3e to 4E transition. This would have been setting the record straight back then. Today it's damage control on a stranded ship the company ran aground.

It's too little, too late to mend burnt bridges.

They can still build a new bridge, but it's a lot more work.

I also found it funny how this editorial while praising one setting did so only by taking a shot at another setting!

Read the comments, some Dragonlance fans took exception to one comment in the editorial.

Why can't WotC be justifiably confident of their amazing library of settings and not have to pit one setting against another?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  01:41:03  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Stealing a quote from Critical Hits
"New Products Seminar:
DDI will continue throughout 2012, supporting 4e with new content. Some content was teased: some Ravenloft and Dragonlance support will come out, the monthly Eye on Dark Sun columns will continue and there will be a Dark Sun-themed month, and an article called “Ecology of the Vegepygmy” will be released at some point."

Good and welcome news.

My thanks, Bakra. I've been concerned with the fate of DRAGONLANCE ever since Wizards' decided not to renew Sovereign's license to continue printing material for the setting.

Go to Top of Page

Knightfall
Learned Scribe

Canada
148 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  05:08:27  Show Profile  Visit Knightfall's Homepage Send Knightfall a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

I also found it funny how this editorial while praising one setting did so only by taking a shot at another setting!

Read the comments, some Dragonlance fans took exception to one comment in the editorial.

Why can't WotC be justifiably confident of their amazing library of settings and not have to pit one setting against another?

I read some of the responses on the Dragonlance Nexus. It's like he knocked a beehive over.

Edited by - Knightfall on 03 Feb 2012 05:10:00
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  05:44:57  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Knightfall

I read some of the responses on the Dragonlance Nexus. It's like he knocked a beehive over.

Ouch. Poor guy can't catch a break. I honestly don't think he meant any harm, but he should be aware after the Spellplague debacle, fans are hypersensitive to these sorts of statements coming from a major designer.

I've seen fans of many settings (Eberron, Greyhawk, Mystara) view the treatment of the Spellplague Realms as a boogeyman. They think, let's hope the fixing doesn't progress beyond the Forgotten Realms, whether they were fans of the Realms or not.

Thing is he was probably one of the ones who signed off on the Spellplague and 4E Realms. DL fans must be making signs of warding against his supposed evil eye and itchy writing hand of doom.

I jest of course. Mostly.
Go to Top of Page

arry
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
317 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  12:08:20  Show Profile Send arry a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

Ah, but are FR Dungeon Masters just as resilient?

Do they feel like they live in the shadow of the Spellplague? ;)

Since you ask, yes.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  21:00:46  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Perkins was actually being nice to Dragonlance fans.

He didn't just throw them a bone when he wrote, "If you ask me what I think is the most iconic D&D story, I’d probably defend the War of the Lance as my #1 choice. I grew up reading The Dragonlance Chronicles, and nothing else in my opinion comes close to feeling as epic.

He paid the setting a huge compliment with that statement.

I think he was wrong to talk about the War of the Lance as the only story worth telling in DL, then go on to say you can tell lots of stories in the Realms. The War of the Lance stands out in Dragonlance just as prominently as the Chosen of Mystra and any other great heroes do in the Realms.

DL doesn't have as much printed material as the Realms, but it still has a lot. Likewise, the Realms are the King Kong of campaign setting words in print.

But if the sum total of knowledge all your players have about the Realms or Dragonlance is what one guy read in The Crystal Shard or Dragons of Summer Flame twenty years ago, all that published material doesn't mean anything to the players.

It's the player's expectations and imaginations that rule the gaming table.

You know...I can't quite finish this thought out. I know what I want to say, but it's not working. Cranial Vapor Lock, as my High School Wrestling coach used to say, so I'll stop here for now.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  22:25:27  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's still hilarious that despite WotC wanting to strike a more inclusive tone with 5E they still can't execute the completely non-incendiary language to relay that message. One step forward but one step back is still going no where fast.

I get where you're headed, but do realize people want to support these settings. Whether these settings see support is if WotC sees them as worthwhile to publish. Indirectly, Mr. Perkins said DL is a bit shy of FR in terms of useability despite having the greatest D&D story under its belt. That does not sit well with DL fans BECAUSE they as DL players expectations and imagination is not as limited as Chris Perkin's limiting statement.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  22:47:14  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I really don't think it was intended as a knock against the setting... As someone who started off a Dragonlance fan, I left the setting after the first five trilogies, because I, too, felt that there was only one big story there. It was not my opinion that other big stories couldn't be told, there, it was the fact that in 15 books, only one big story was told. The majority of the other tales were much, much smaller, and focused more on the past (either of the Heroes of the Lance, or much further back in Krynn's history), rather than moving the setting forward.

Obviously, things have changed on Krynn since I walked away from it. But I can see where Mr. Perkins would feel that way, and I don't see that he intended his statement with any kind of malicious intent.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  23:30:01  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Some imaginary universes are indeed designed to support one central cast of characters and one special story or story sequence. Despite the existence of the Silmarillion and what have you, I'd place Middle Earth in this category. Also Narnia, the Hyborian Age, Nehwon, the world of the Young Kingdoms, and yes, Krynn. To my mind, classifying a fictional world in this way is not a knock on it. It's just an observation that the writer or writers chose to use one perfectly legitimate storytelling technique as opposed to another they might have chosen.
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  23:48:13  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Where does this leave DL as a game setting?
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  00:45:58  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think that depends on the gamer. Do you need the potential for your PC to become the hero who matters most in the whole campaign world? Then you might want to stay away from games based on a canonical approach to DragonLance, the Marvel Universe, the DC Universe, or Elric. If that's not an issue for you, then go ahead and play in the world you love.

The other viable approach is for players to actually run the uber-heroes of the setting as their PC's, which I believe was what you did in some of the early DL modules as well as many of the old DC and Marvel modules.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  01:48:19  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am getting the impression that WotC is letting Dragonlance set fallow, for a future roboot.

I don't know if any novels are forthcoming for Dragonlance.

Or WotC could be punishing Margret for spilling the 5E beans awhile back.

I am not into Dragonlance, so I could careless.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 04 Feb 2012 01:49:51
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  02:18:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

Where does this leave DL as a game setting?

I'm inclined to agree with Richard.

Of course, the other possibility is Wizards' offering "gaming material" in their novels for DRAGONLANCE. We know TSR accomplished much with that approach during the 2e AD&D days, with several DL novels featuring stat'd write-ups for NPC's, character-classes, and even "brief" gazetteers on certain prominent locations across Ansalon.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  04:43:40  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll grant that my knowledge on modern Krynn is weak, but from what little I do know, it seems that the setting has moved past the point where it was dominated by the War of the Lance, and that now one could adventure on Krynn without feeling that you were a sideshow to the much bigger epic.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  05:03:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I'll grant that my knowledge on modern Krynn is weak, but from what little I do know, it seems that the setting has moved past the point where it was dominated by the War of the Lance, and that now one could adventure on Krynn without feeling that you were a sideshow to the much bigger epic.

That was, largely, the premise that Sovereign Press established with their run on 3e DRAGONLANCE sourcebooks. Practically every product offered material for running campaigns in many of the "Ages" of Krynn's history. And while the modern "Fifth Age" was often emphasised, it wasn't the only era of play used as a basis for campaigns.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  05:35:22  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Some imaginary universes are indeed designed to support one central cast of characters and one special story or story sequence. Despite the existence of the Silmarillion and what have you, I'd place Middle Earth in this category. Also Narnia, the Hyborian Age, Nehwon, the world of the Young Kingdoms, and yes, Krynn. To my mind, classifying a fictional world in this way is not a knock on it. It's just an observation that the writer or writers chose to use one perfectly legitimate storytelling technique as opposed to another they might have chosen.

Re: Middle Earth: I agree with you, but only on the story sequence part. True, we have the same two eternal villains (Morgoth/Melkor and Sauron) throughout the entire cycle, but the cast of characters on the side of good is continually changing. The Valar are (for the most part) non-interfering in the actions of Morgoth in Middle-Earth, except in the final War of Beleriand, and completely absent in the struggles against Sauron in the Second and Third Ages. Again, it's true that the heroes of the Third Age are the only ones we as readers come to know well, but that is simply because their part of the tale is told in far more detail. And it is fundamentally the same story, I agree; the quest to break the power of evil, which is finally accomplished with the destruction of the One Ring at the end of the Third Age. And I agree, this doesn't make the world any less grand an achievement, simply because so much work was put into the background and setting of the main story. And you're right, Krynn is the same type of world, but I'd say that Middle-Earth is some pretty good company to be in as far as varieties of imaginary worlds are concerned.

In some ways, I include Greyhawk (Oerth) in this group; the mutual destruction of the Suel and Baklunish Empires set the foundation for everything that follows, and Iuz fills the role of Sauron or Takhisis.

The Realms could have been the same type of world, if the falls of Netheril and Imaskar had been worked into some sort of global story arc, but such a feat would have been far more difficult to accomplish than giving each realm its own history (which, in turn, makes the world that much more varied and interesting). Personally, I'm very happy that Ed took the route he did, and I would have been even happier if fallen realms had stayed fallen, with the exception of Myth Drannor; this was a story arc I was developing for a campaign of my own when the 3E canon started doing it for me, so I went along with canon for this. Subsequent events did not sit well with me at the time, and still largely do not; however, the fact remains that, with or without the Chosen, the Realms are big enough for any story that one wishes to tell. The Spellplague, in my opinion, made it somewhat smaller, but I feel this way mainly because so little was done with Halruaa and the South and East before blowing it all up.

Anyway, thank you, Richard, for a very thought-provoking post.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  05:41:59  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

I think that depends on the gamer. Do you need the potential for your PC to become the hero who matters most in the whole campaign world?

And a vocal affirmative answer to this question, I think, combined with WotC not doing a more scientific poll of their customer base, is what led to the Spellplague. That being said, I'm not saying that the poll would have meant that the Spellplague didn't happen... I just think that it might have had a substantially less dramatic effect on the Realms than it did. But anyway, WotC has apparently learned that they need to ask, rather than tell, their customer base what they want, and I see this as a good sign of possible greatness to come.

Edit: Post #1800; much more optimistic in tone that I would have expected a year ago... mind you, a year ago, I was starting to wonder if there would be a Post #1800 by me. I needed the time away, but I'm very happy to be back, particularly under the circumstances.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Edited by - Jakk on 04 Feb 2012 05:44:59
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  06:12:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have to admit, this seems like an odd sentiment to me, since the War of the Lance was predicated directly on the adventures where the PCs guided the action themselves!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2012 :  13:14:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:

I have to admit, this seems like an odd sentiment to me, since the War of the Lance was predicated directly on the adventures where the PCs guided the action themselves!

The point was, though, that if you weren't playing the Heroes of the Lance, then it could feel what you were doing paled in comparison to what they did.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 04 Feb 2012 13:14:38
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2012 :  05:33:10  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

quote:

I agree... and this is exactly the approach WotC should have taken with the Cormyr-Shadowdale-Anauroch trilogy and the Spellplague; if they had made the trilogy a GenCon event, and dictated the following course of the Realms by a simple majority vote based on how the various groups playing through the trilogy ended up, at least it would have been (granted, a limited subset of) the players making the decision. Anyway, I want to know more about 5e, and especially the official plans for the 5e Realms, before I get too excited... but I'm guessing that WotC won't even know what its plans for the Realms are until it sees the sales figures from Ed's new sourcebook at the end of the year. I think this is the first time that I've actually wanted a year to fly past and be over with.

Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2012 :  16:04:52  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've turned over a ton of Realmslore in the past 6 months and only a few trickles have seen print. Good things are in store.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2012 :  19:17:42  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the words of Homer Simpson: WooHOO! Definitely looking forward to what's coming for the Realms. :)
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2012 :  17:52:37  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

FR'eak

This kind of editorial article is exactly why I have lost all faith in the designers, and why the new upcoming designers have an incredibly hard job.

First, "FR'eak" just hits me the wrong way. There's no inherent respect to the word "freak" at all. Yeah he's using it to describe himself, because he supposedly LOVES IT SO MUCH, but I don't believe a word of what he's saying. For one thing, he is known for having his own large setting. For another, he states here that he's never run a game in FR (which is why, to me, it all kinda makes sense now). Then it's the boardgame that makes him a "FR'eak"? Yuck. I'm sure it's probably fun and great, but Perkins obviously does not understand the fandom or why most fans love FR.

Second, is it really necessary to take a huge potshot at Dragonlance? At one point, those are the novels he grew up with, but then he suggests that it really wasn't a good setting for gaming. That's just not right.

Third, have they done any research on what people want in FR's future? I don't get any sense that in their drive to move forward that they've heard a word of the old or the new FR fans. It's just "we're planning on lots of stuff" without any feeling that they know what people really want. No acknowledgement of the fanbase division, although they're randomly putting out an alternate Greenwood Realms that probably won't have any ties to the main setting.

I think they've lost all perspective. It's like watching people grab at straws.

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000