Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Wooly Rupert
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Super Wizard II
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  20:18:34  Show Profile Send Super Wizard II a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi,
I was wondering why Wooly Rupert is such a d-bag? I put up a thread and he totally locked it down, TWICE! And then he banned my account or soethign and I had to make a new one... that's a reaaaallll drag.

I'm like, wtf, bro? Cuz I read the rules and my post ddidn't break any of 'em!

So I don't understand why Wooly Rupert has to act like such a d-bag...

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  20:19:34  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Read the rules again.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Super Wizard II
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  20:24:54  Show Profile Send Super Wizard II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Done bra.

I didn't break any.

You think I broke one?

Whch one, b?
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  20:27:12  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

5. Always be courteous and polite to other members, Wizards of the Coast (WotC) staff and freelance authors who are involved in the development of WotC material. Remember, some WotC employees are members of the forum. Openly attacking other members will result in the suspension of your account.

This one for starters...
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  20:27:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Insulting the scribes and the setting, and asking for info you stated you didn't need? If that's not being a troll, I'm not sure what is.

Create any more accounts, Super, and I'll ban them, as well.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  20:29:30  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mumadar beat me to it ;)

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Go to Top of Page

Super Wizard III
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  20:35:37  Show Profile Send Super Wizard III a Private Message  Reply with Quote
K bro. But you are breaking the rules, not me. I didn't call you a dbag until you acted like a dbag.
You can be all w/e w/e, but you just dont like what I have to say so you shut me up.
W/e, bro, you can do what you want, it is ur website, but i dint break any rules and you know that

You KNOW it. Liar.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Insulting the scribes and the setting, and asking for info you stated you didn't need? If that's not being a troll, I'm not sure what is.

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  20:38:28  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully he has limited knowledge of the Roman Numeral system

Edited by - Artemas Entreri on 26 Jan 2012 20:38:50
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  20:46:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Super Wizard III

K bro. But you are breaking the rules, not me. I didn't call you a dbag until you acted like a dbag.
You can be all w/e w/e, but you just dont like what I have to say so you shut me up.
W/e, bro, you can do what you want, it is ur website, but i dint break any rules and you know that

You KNOW it. Liar.

quote:

Only one response is appropriate:

Well, that and banning him again.

Go to Top of Page

Super Wizard IV
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  20:59:16  Show Profile Send Super Wizard IV a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm reporting this to Alaundo via PM. You shouldn't ban people just because you don't like apost, bra.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Super Wizard III

You KNOW it. Liar.

quote:

Only one response is appropriate:

Well, that and banning him again.

Go to Top of Page

Super Wizard IV
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  21:03:59  Show Profile Send Super Wizard IV a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guess I better give Alaundo my email address so after you BAN me for NO GOOD REASON again he can get a hold of me.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  21:10:53  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Super Wizard IV

Guess I better give Alaundo my email address so after you BAN me for NO GOOD REASON again he can get a hold of me.

Feel free to do so.

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  21:59:44  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So Wooly, when certain scribes are insulting the 4E Realms, they aren't trolling?

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2012 :  22:20:20  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish I could've brought THIS scroll back.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  00:35:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Super Wizard, you're embarrassing yourself.

The only thing you are really proving with all this commentary, is that you're a internet troll -- in every sense of the word.

So, and I mean this with the deepest of feelings... if you've nothing of positive productivity to contribute to this site, then move on elsewhere. I'm sure there are plenty of other locales on the web that would welcome your brand of intolerable nonsense.

To put it simply, we don't want you here any more. In ANY incarnation!

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  00:44:00  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Super Wizard, you're embarrassing yourself.

The only thing you are really proving with all this commentary, is that you're a internet troll -- in every sense of the word.

So, and I mean this with the deepest of feelings... if you've nothing of positive productivity to contribute to this site, then move on elsewhere. I'm sure there are plenty of other locales on the web that would welcome your brand of intolerable nonsense.

To put it simply, we don't want you here any more. In ANY incarnation!

Amen

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  01:13:40  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just interjecting that user/profile identification methods (based on IP, MAC, reverse-DNS, proxy lookup, timedate query, etc) are just as effective at burning trolls as they are at killing spambots.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  02:11:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Just interjecting that user/profile identification methods (based on IP, MAC, reverse-DNS, proxy lookup, timedate query, etc) are just as effective at burning trolls as they are at killing spambots.

I've already queried Alaundo on employing those exact methods for some of our more "difficult" scribes, along with a select range of other policies that might help negate these unfortunate disruptions.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  03:53:52  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's good to know, Sage.

I'll repeat my suggestion from another scroll, even though it's rather distasteful:

When members are BANNED - most especially if for <ahem> trolling - their post count should be reduced to 0, their title changed to "Banned", and all their posts replaced with "Removed by mods because violated site CoC" or whatever.

Yes, this is indeed a slippery slope ... but it is marginally effective on other forums. The persistent trolls tend to want to have a lingering presence, to have people continue to discuss their inflammatory posts indefinitely. Being denied attention, existence, or recognition of any kind is often enough to drive them elsewhere. I say that if you're gonna go downhill on a slippery slope then at least do it right and use a snowboard!

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  04:38:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's good to know, Sage.

I'll repeat my suggestion from another scroll, even though it's rather distasteful:

When members are BANNED - most especially if for <ahem> trolling - their post count should be reduced to 0, their title changed to "Banned", and all their posts replaced with "Removed by mods because violated site CoC" or whatever.

Yes, this is indeed a slippery slope ... but it is marginally effective on other forums. The persistent trolls tend to want to have a lingering presence, to have people continue to discuss their inflammatory posts indefinitely. Being denied attention, existence, or recognition of any kind is often enough to drive them elsewhere. I say that if you're gonna go downhill on a slippery slope then at least do it right and use a snowboard!

Some of the folks who have since been banned have offered some good input, before going astray. We've had more than one person who ranked up a few hundred posts before their antagonistic nature became apparent, or who were not that bad up until a certain point. I'm not one to dismiss good input from someone because their later input was offensive...

Most of the inflammatory posts don't get much more attention other than the verbal equivalent of a roll of the eyes. And I personally think that simply marginalizing such behavior is an effective way to handle it.

I could have deleted more of SuperWizzie's posts (I did remove a few)... But most of these posts will be buried by more recent -- and more productive -- talk within days. It will be marginalized and forgotten, a worthy fate for such drivel.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  04:49:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

While I agree that this would be a sound strategy, I'm not entirely comfortable, personally, with censoring such past content. If it's wholly disruptive and/or vile, then by all means, I would remove such commentary.

But, in most cases, I prefer the role of a Moderator who largely acts as a Mediator. When we start getting into the dynamics of censoring/editing select commentary here, it becomes a slippery slope, as you so rightly point out, Ayrik. I'm not comfortable with the notion of where the line should be drawn against what should be censored and what should be left wholly intact.

I realise that may be a stance that some scribes might not particularly like from their Moderators. And, if any of you feel like addressing this issue with me, then I'll welcome any further discussion of it. Ultimately, we serve in the best interests of the whole community. So if any of you are uncertain or unhappy with our methods of Moderation, then please share your concerns with us.

We invite you, in fact... because in these trying times of edition-debates and so forth, I'm afraid the patience of our collective will be tested again and again. Thus, we need feedback to ensure we're keeping up on what may be causing disruptions here, and whether our measures are truly working efficiently to ensure a pleasant and respectful environment for friendly Realms chatter.

Have at it, I say!

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  06:48:36  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I apologize, Wooly and Sage for attempting to make light of the situation. I generally don't feed in to the more heated debates here. I know that your job here is oft difficult, but I feel as if you are doing an outstanding job. Opinions differ and tempers flare and some people cannot resist stirring the pot for whatever misguided reason. My thanks to you two.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  07:04:26  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No apologise is necessary, Fellfire. Sometimes a little jocularity works wonders, and we certainly appreciate those scribes who enjoy making light of tense situations... when appropriate.

Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  09:43:10  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just for the record. I like Wooly Rupert.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  10:51:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kiaransalyn

Just for the record. I like Wooly Rupert.

I'm rather fond of him, myself.

Go to Top of Page

Light
Learned Scribe

Australia
231 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  13:15:36  Show Profile Send Light a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the best thread I've read all day. It makes me wonder though how long the arm of Super Wizard reaches. What will his next incarnation be? Perhaps "Gaffax" (the newest member as of 23:19 EST January 27) is in fact Super. Indeed, maybe he is the puppet master who secretly controls Candlekeep without anyone knowing. Maybe 95% of the users who post in the scrolls are in fact "Super Wizard". This very scroll may be nothing but Super's many profiles posting in answer to each other. Truly a sad life he must lead.

"A true warrior needs no sword" - Thors (Vinland Saga)

Edited by - Light on 27 Jan 2012 13:44:55
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  14:10:00  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*I* am Super Wizard! [/Spartacus]

(no, not really)

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  15:27:26  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm a Wizard, he's a Wizard, wouldn't you like to be a Wizard, too?

(Old Dr. Pepper commercial, in case you don't catch the reference )

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  18:29:05  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, * I * am Super Wizard, and my wife is, too!
love,
THO
Who is JUST KIDDING. With a nod to Python.
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  19:45:15  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'M A DUCK!!

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2012 :  20:18:42  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yah and I'm the Black Beast of Arghhhhhh.... sorry I don't like to intervene in these threads but I felt just like refering to Monthy Python aswell...

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000