Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Hammer of Tyr
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  20:43:57  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone remember the Hammer of Tyr from the Pools of Radiance novel? I have to say that it was perhaps the most potent undead turning weapon I have ever witnessed. What happened to it? Considering Tyr's demise , I wonder if this artifact still holds its potency...

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1267 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  20:47:29  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The 3rd novel in the Pools trilogy has updates on the Hammer of Tyr, if you're interested in learning more about it! Won't spoil it tho.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4430 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  21:39:50  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After seeing that Phlan fell into the hands of Banites, it's a good guess that the Hammer left the city with the other Tyrrans. Possibly the hammer's magic failed when Tyr "died" in 1385 DR.
Go to Top of Page

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2012 :  23:29:22  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

After seeing that Phlan fell into the hands of Banites, it's a good guess that the Hammer left the city with the other Tyrrans. Possibly the hammer's magic failed when Tyr "died" in 1385 DR.

This leads to other interesting questions. Are some divine artifacts actually infused with the creators divine essence? Or is there simply a some invisible connection between the deity and the artifact. It's seems that in some cases seemingly dead deities live on via their artifacts...
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  01:50:29  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jordanz

This leads to other interesting questions. Are some divine artifacts actually infused with the creators divine essence? Or is there simply a some invisible connection between the deity and the artifact. It's seems that in some cases seemingly dead deities live on via their artifacts...

Some deities create artifacts using their own "essence," as evidenced by Mystra during the Time of Troubles.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

jordanz
Senior Scribe

553 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  05:33:45  Show Profile  Visit jordanz's Homepage Send jordanz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

quote:
Originally posted by jordanz

Some deities create artifacts using their own "essence," as evidenced by Mystra during the Time of Troubles.

What were the artifacts? I recall her infusing Chosen but no items....
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  05:43:57  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

It was a sword she gave to one of her high priests. My memory's hazy though. I kinda endeavored to forget that very disappointing series.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2012 :  15:05:31  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Midnight-Mystra also enchanted a blade by letting her blood run along it, and then gave it to a Kara-Tur (I think) diplomat when Adon was sick in the fourth Avatar book.

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000