Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Edition Wars.... The Movie! Who playes You?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  19:59:10  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So lets write out the turmoil in Candlekeep in
script form.

The best fit for my big personality and size
would be John Goodman. He's have to
shave his head though.

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  20:02:18  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sam Elliott in a role created by Woody Allen. A bit too old, but it could work. Whining and grumbling through a heavy moustache? Sounds like me.
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  20:14:54  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Only Meryl Streep (although much younger) has the range, talent, sly wit, and intensity to adequately portray my true depth.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  20:50:17  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An early 50-ish Christopher Plummer with a full white beard and a...eh...few extra pounds.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  21:41:42  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Any actor who can play mute is fine.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Thrasymachus
Learned Scribe

195 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  22:15:50  Show Profile Send Thrasymachus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think my post count dictates a red shirt and empty phaser

Former Forgotten Realms brand manager Jim Butler: "Everything that bears the Forgotten Realms logo is considered canon".
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  22:49:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thrasymachus

I think my post count dictates a red shirt and empty phaser

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  22:59:33  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Christopher Loyd

Or the guy who plays Newman on Seinfeld. I hate him, but it kinda fits.

Or Peter from Family Guy, if they do a cartoon.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 14 Jan 2012 23:03:47
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  23:49:53  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's our script? Is it a spoof of Star Wars with a
couple of mobile Electronic Books running off with
the mechanics of 3rd edition?
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  00:11:39  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by althen artren

What's our script? Is it a spoof of Star Wars with a
couple of mobile Electronic Books running off with
the mechanics of 3rd edition?

Something like THIS, mayhap?

I'm the blonde who says, "Oh, senator!" and then screams.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!

Edited by - Therise on 15 Jan 2012 00:15:16
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  01:20:19  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alan Rickman. Sneering, condescending, elitist, eternally disgruntled, even a bit intimidating. I'm such a badass.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  01:27:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Alan Rickman. Sneering, condescending, elitist, eternally disgruntled, even a bit intimidating. I'm such a badass.

That gets my vote.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  01:32:15  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can I pick people for others, or would that be waaaaay out of line?

I have someone perfect in mind to be played by Ron Howard's brother (NO, he doesn't have his own name - even his Driver's License says "Ron Howard's Brother").

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  02:07:15  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Is Alan Rickman ever NOT awesome? He seriously has that "it" factor.

He was the hotness in Sense and Sensibility with Emma Thompson.

Yes, I love Jane Austen, period drama, the whole bit.

Don't question me.

Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  02:14:58  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Can I pick people for others, or would that be waaaaay out of line?

I have someone perfect in mind to be played by Ron Howard's brother (NO, he doesn't have his own name - even his Driver's License says "Ron Howard's Brother").

You mean Balok from Star Trek's Corbomite Maneuver?

That's his real name. He's really an alien called Balok.

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  03:50:58  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alan Rickman is a awesome actor, he just
hammed it up to much in Robin Hood.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  03:58:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For casting myself, I'd need someone inclined toward indecision and procrastination.

Unfortunately, no actor names immediately come to mind.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7968 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  04:04:43  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, if anything is really worth doing then it would be done already. If you wait until the last minute then it'll only take a minute.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  07:56:25  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Casting myself....

dunno.

But I would sue anyoby taking my image in some movie...

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  08:27:54  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

For casting myself, I'd need someone inclined toward indecision and procrastination.

Unfortunately, no actor names immediately come to mind.

Ryan Reynolds.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  13:22:29  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Christopher Walken. No doubt about it.

"I hid this uncomfortably-sized d20 up my a** for two years, young man, and now I am giving it to you."

"You know what I think this edition needs? MORE COWBELL!"
Go to Top of Page

Brix
Learned Scribe

147 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  15:52:31  Show Profile Send Brix a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Arnold!

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  17:34:47  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Considering the rate at which we get editions now (and edition-wars), maybe we should do a Soap-Opera rather then a movie.

An over-the-top Spanish Soap Opera, with lots of slapping.

Edited by - Markustay on 15 Jan 2012 17:38:15
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  18:37:51  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sadly, I have gotten it since Doogie Howser MD was on the air in early highschool...and still do today...Neil Patrick-Harris. FML. At least he's funny.
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  18:44:14  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Charlie Sheen. I don't care to participate much in edition wars, I just want to be him for a day.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  18:45:24  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nah, man. NPH wouldn't do that.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  18:45:44  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fellfire

Charlie Sheen. I don't care to participate much in edition wars, I just want to be him for a day.

I heard he lost both of his "goddesses"...

Go to Top of Page

Wolfhound75
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2012 :  04:04:54  Show Profile Send Wolfhound75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For myself, I'd have to go with, Myself.

I'm active enough that I believe I could even do most of my own stunt and fight sequences.

Though I definately would have to find more appropos character name. It just doesn't cut it for Epic FR saga.

But, if you force me to pick a professional actor, I would lean in favor of either Jason Statham (Transporter, Snatch) or Matt Damon (Bourne series, True Grit [2010]).

Good Hunting!

"Firepower - if it's not working, you're not using enough." ~ Military Proverb

"If at first you do succeed, you must've rolled a natural 20!"
Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 16 Jan 2012 :  04:10:47  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfhound75

For myself, I'd have to go with, Myself.

I'm active enough that I believe I could even do most of my own stunt and fight sequences.

Though I definately would have to find more appropos character name. It just doesn't cut it for Epic FR saga.

But, if you force me to pick a professional actor, I would lean in favor of either Jason Statham (Transporter, Snatch) or Matt Damon (Bourne series, True Grit [2010]).

I suggest Nathan Fillion, star of Castle and formerly on Firefly as Captain Tightpants. He has the sexy.

Go to Top of Page

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  10:27:16  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...BORAT ! (ok, im kidding)

5th edition...NICE!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2012 :  20:22:38  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A muppet do to the fact I don't think there is a big enough jack-ass to play me.
Voiced by Adam West because why the heck not.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000