Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2012)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

edappel
Learned Scribe

Brazil
211 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2012 :  20:54:49  Show Profile Send edappel a Private Message
Well. That was more than enough! As Markustay said, "a happy Ed means a happy us"... I was expecting an answer like this, I was feeling strange that no more words were being said about this subject.

Thanks!

--- Ed Appel

*** I'm a brazilian FR fan. So, feel free to correct my writing mistakes to improve my english.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2012 :  05:35:08  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
"Also look for a new column by Ed Greenwood: Forging the Realms. It should be coming to the website in the days ahead!" Little snippet from wizards August in the works article. I hope "in the days ahead" means this series starts this month because it sounds interesting. :)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2012 :  03:03:48  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
{sigh}

Sorry I have to ask a question that 'may' invalidate other (official) assumptions about things, but upon careful re-reading of something you once wrote, I fear you may have been misinterpreted.
quote:
Dragon Magazine #245
Lhammaruntosz seems to have ended her wandering only recently, taking the "resting lair" (an open-to-the elements, hoardless sleeping spot) of the old green dragon Skarlthoon. Known as "Snarljaws" because of her temper, Skarlthoon died in 1348 DR of some disease that ate away her scales and then the flesh beneath, covering her with creeping moss. The Claws of the Coast then seems to have fought some unknown dragon to the death and gained its inland lair; Elminster believes that this hidden hold must lie somewhere south and east of Secomber, in the broken land that marks the edge of the High Moor -- and that its lingering magic is enough to make the wandering Lhammaruntosz feel secure.
Accent, mine.

From what I can tell upon reading that very carefully, Skarlthoon was one dragon, who died and Lhammaruntosz took her 'open air' lair as a resting place for a time. Then, she killed another dragon, who had a hidden lair with much treasure - that was the one that became Lhammaruntosz's hidden lair which she presumably gets all her magic items from. It could not have been the first dragon's lair, who apparently died of natural causes, and was 'out in the open'.

You then go on to tell us where the lair was. Problem is, everything I have read based on your original article seems to infer the directions were to Skarlthoon's lair, even though your information had already gone on to describe a second dragon (at least, that is how I am reading the above paragraph).

Is Skarlthoon's lair the one SE of Secomber, or was that the spot the Claws of the Coast killed the second unknown dragon? Is that the 'secret lair' with the horde? If so, then where was Skarlthoon's lair? (the one that became Lhammaruntosz's 'resting lair' ("an open-to-the elements, hoardless sleeping spot")?

Inquiring Minds want to know.

EDIT: Oh, and if I am right (and we are talking about two different dragons and locations), what was the name of "some unknown dragon"? I need to know this, if possible. Or at the very least, when Lhammaruntosz killed that dragon (in which case, I may still need to know its name) LOL.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Aug 2012 03:09:37
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2012 :  03:46:10  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay
EDIT: Oh, and if I am right (and we are talking about two different dragons and locations), what was the name of "some unknown dragon"? I need to know this, if possible. Or at the very least, when Lhammaruntosz killed that dragon (in which case, I may still need to know its name) LOL.

And by "when" he means "before fall 1357 DR" or "after fall 1357 DR" ;-).

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2012 :  17:01:45  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Markustay, Ed is thundering along on various writing projects (many of them involving the Realms; Ed tells me they’re part of that “bright future” he’s hopeful about), but he replied almost instantly when I sent him your post (and your followup, Eric!), and here’s his reply:

Well caught, Markustay. Don’t be sorry. :} Let me state things in a less convoluted way than I did back in DRAGON, and adding lore gained from Alustriel since that writing:

Once there was a green dragon named Skarlthoondarammarus, “Skarlthoon” to all (including herself) in her latter centuries, but even better known as Snarljaws for her quick temper and nasty, vindictive nature (she would chase and repeatedly try to destroy humans who’d escaped her, where other dragons would shrug and seek better prey). She had three lairs, one of them a classic mountain cavern stuffed full of treasure, that’s almost impossible for a non-flying creature to get to—and Skarlthoon found it cold and inhospitable. So she used it only for treasure storage. She had a lair in the northwest reaches of the High Forest, a snug cavern atop a ridge southwest of the Lost Peaks, in heavily-forested terrain that bears repeatedly claimed—so she would breathe each time she descended into it, to “reclaim” it from these interlopers. It was where she would retreat to, to heal and sleep.
Skarlthoon’s third lair was her open-to-the-skies “resting lair,” a hollow in the jagged rocks atop the northeasternmost spur of the Kyryptgarden peaks, where she would land and nap (between dives to snatch up cattle, deer, wagon-pulling oxen, and other ready meals, in the open country of the Dessarin valley).
Skarlthoon contracted an unknown disease from an unknown source (Elminster thinks it was probably from infected prey she devoured) sometime in the 1330s. By the end of that decade it had eaten away her scales, making her very fearful of other dragons. She took to furtive flights by night, and stopped using her resting-lair entirely. The disease continued to eat at her flesh, eroding muscle and strength. She became more reclusive, weaker, and far less active, moss grew on her, and she died in 1348 DR, perishing in a crash landing near Westbridge as she sought to fly one last time, and her strength gave out in the air.
Lhammaruntosz, the Claws of the Coast, was well aware of Skarlthoon’s territory, and despite being a younger and more vigorous dragon, still didn’t want to be bothered with a feud with such a nasty older rival. So Lhammaruntosz avoided Skarlthoon’s usual hunting grounds until word spread of her death (as her demise and remains were so public, word got around, as opposed to the more usual “Dragon such-and-such just hasn’t been seen, lately”).
However, Lhammaruntosz saw Skarlthoon’s passing as an ideal opportunity to claim a rich territory to be her own—and took it. She started by using the exposed-to-the-elements “resting lair,” in 1349 DR, and from it cautiously exploring east and south into the High Forest, where she “knew” (from spying on Skarlthoon for years) Skarlthoon must have a “proper” lair, somewhere.
However, Lhammaruntosz wasn’t the only dragon seeking to claim Skarlthoon’s domain. Aside from several of the wide-ranging dragons described in my other “Wyrms of the North” articles, whose demesnes overlapped parts of Skarlthoon’s, there was yet another dragon lurking in the area, an elder wyrm whispered of in lore as Araunthroun “the Shapechanger.” (References often thought to refer to a Netherese or other ancient human mage, not a dragon at all.)
This blue dragon is truly ancient (almost three thousand years old), and magically prolonged his life not by going lichnee, but through a self-devised process that drained magic from items. The drawback was that his physical form slowly but inexorably faded into translucent, ghostly intangibility. He could regain physical solidity for a time by making his body smaller, and that’s what he did, calling on powers of magic items he hadn’t drained to transform his outward likeness into that of a human so as to dwell among (hide among) humans. Where he tried to work with various human mages to master more magic to prolong his body.
These human mages were self-interested, and their progress towards what Araunthroun craved was slow, so Araunthroun (who had lairs of his own in the Fallen Lands, formerly stuffed with Netherese magic items gained when many of its cities crashed and some archwizards went mad, but now depleted thanks to years of draining magic from them) went seeking Skarlthoon’s hoard, that must lie hidden somewhere in the High Forest.
Inevitably Lhammaruntosz and Araunthroun came into conflict (circa the summer of 1353 DR). They fought several skirmishes as both continued to explore the High Forest for dragon lairs—as Lhammaruntosz grew stronger, into her prime, and Araunthroun became ever more ghostly (and gained the nickname “the Ghost Dragon” from some humans who’d seen him) and intangible. Not wanting to risk discovery of the best of his remaining magic if Lhammaruntosz magically spied on him from afar, Araunthroun took to using an old, long-abandoned dragon-hold in his territory (the “hidden hold” that did indeed lie south and east of Secomber, in the broken land along the northern edge of the High Moor; its entrance is a narrow crack between the jagged rocks of a knife-edged ridge, that descends into sizeable caverns beneath) as the base from which to continue exploring the High Forest. He moved what he deemed the “least useful” magic items from his hoard, those he intended to drain, to it—and would replenish his fading self from them whenever necessary.
In the spring of 1358 DR, after a vicious battle above the trees of the southern High Forest, Araunthoun fled to this lair, and Lhammaruntosz pursued him there and “slew” him, taking the lair for her own. With it she gained a score or so of magic items, and the security she sought. She went on exploring the High Forest, and in the fullness of time found Skarlthoon’s magic-filled lair in the northwest—and relocated there, because it was far more remote and sheltered and to her liking. Taking the magic items with her, and abandoning the “hidden hold.”
However, Araunthoun wasn’t dead. Rather, weak and unable to harm his foe because of his intangibility, he had “gone ghost” completely, and sunk into one of the items, biding his time to re-emerge.
He has since done so, stealing away from the High Forest lair of Lhammaruntosz with just two magic items in his claws, while she was out hunting in the high summer of 1374 DR.
He hid those items in one of his old Fallen Lands lairs, and then hid himself in another, where legends and rumors are slowly drawing ambitious humans into his grasp (he has already easily overcome two of the overconfident mages of Shade, who seem utterly unprepared for someone patiently and subtly invading their minds—as opposed to challenging them and waging a duel) and making him stronger.
Araunthoun is still lurking in hiding in the Fallen Lands to this day. He drains the lives and wits of some victims, and merely spies out of the eyes of others, or by subtle manipulations causes them to spread fresh rumors of treasure that will bring more adventurers within his reach. He intends, above all, to regain solidity and fresh vigor, and “truly live again,” but is ruled now by prudent patience, and can wait. A long, long time, if need be. Before he returns to crush and devour Lhammaruntosz—and every other being that has ever crossed, belittled, or bested him.
There you go. Long-hidden Realmslore, revealed here first.

So saith Ed, and there you have it!
Thanks for asking that, Markustay; that explains the actions and words of a few NPCs we Knights encountered. So that’s what they wanted us to venture into the Fallen Lands after. Not something linked to Ascore at all - - or is it? (Bwoohahahaha, as Ed would say.)
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Portella
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
247 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2012 :  17:20:49  Show Profile  Visit Portella's Homepage Send Portella a Private Message
As always awesome work THO and ED and Markustay for asking the right questions.

Purple you say?!

Edited by - Portella on 04 Aug 2012 17:22:35
Go to Top of Page

Portella
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
247 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2012 :  17:22:15  Show Profile  Visit Portella's Homepage Send Portella a Private Message
Markustay where do you find the articles these days?

Purple you say?!

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2012 :  17:23:32  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Wow, a lot more then I had hoped for. Thank you both, THO and Ed.
quote:
Originally posted by Portella

Markustay where do you find the articles these days?
My Google-fu

The Wyrms of the North were a series of articles in Dragon Magazine, which TSR/WotC was kind enough to reprint (for FREE) on their website.

HERE is the overview of that series (with a brief synopsis of each dragon)).

This is the archive for each individual article.

You can learn far more about the geography and locales of Ed's Realms from Ed's writings then you can from any sourcebook or map.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Aug 2012 17:30:05
Go to Top of Page

Portella
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
247 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2012 :  17:55:04  Show Profile  Visit Portella's Homepage Send Portella a Private Message
Thank you for the link Markustay I will check these articles later pretty cool they kept them online.

Purple you say?!

Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  04:01:31  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
A big thanks from me for that dragon Realmslore, Ed and THO. Has the whiff of vintage "Ed showing us the Realms." Looking forward to more, whenever you have the time - - though I still don't know how you find ANY time to answer our lore questions here.
You do occasionally eat and sleep and so on, yes?
Ed? Ed?
Or is it all done by magic . . .
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  07:03:26  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
I'd say it's a mix of magic, lots of coffee and Borg regenerative technology! ;)
Go to Top of Page

dravenloft
Acolyte

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  17:45:43  Show Profile  Visit dravenloft's Homepage Send dravenloft a Private Message
The talk of food a few posts back got me to wondering. Broth, tea, and I seem to recall some tale or other containing such a creature as coffee, all are clearly morning drinks and daily pick me ups. Are there any uniquely realms morning or perk up drinks?

Space Opera, Planetary Romance, Speculative Fiction and similar by me.
check it out at http://universal-nexus.com
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  19:38:33  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Well, dravenloft, there's the "bracer" for the hungover, the cold, and the sick: "beef tea." Which in the Realms consists of a trace of brandy, sherry, or zzar (often the dregs) added to hit broth that's also had the hot drippings from overnight kitchen roasts stirred into it. Kills your heart over time, but warms and nourishes in the short term.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  20:37:12  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message
Here's a question for Ed/THO:

What is Achilles' tendon called in the Realms?
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  21:58:20  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all!
Garen Thal, straight from my 1980 notes:

The Achilles tendon is known as a "garruth" to healers, and a "backblade" to the general public, and slicing it deliberately is "backblading" someone (as opposed to "hamstringing" them at the back of the knee). My notes don't have a term for when that part of the body gets injured unintentionally, sorry.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  22:01:52  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Oh, and one thing I forgot to add about "beef tea." According to my notes (taken during play, as Ed let drop various snippets of Realmslore), it's called "beef tea" regardless of what sort of meat is roasting, and thus supplied the drippings. Most likely in Cormyr and the Dalelands, is probably venison, then old tough oxen, then boar, then moose, then cattle, then domesticated hogs, then other sorts of "wildkill" such as bears, raccoons, and so on.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  22:26:58  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi again, all!

The Achilles tendon is known as a "garruth" to healers, and a "backblade" to the general public, and slicing it deliberately is "backblading" someone (as opposed to "hamstringing" them at the back of the knee). My notes don't have a term for when that part of the body gets injured unintentionally, sorry.
love,
THO
You know, I'm still waiting for my bound and signed copy of 1980 notes. Please let Ed know I'll be happy to pick them up from him at Gen Con.
Go to Top of Page

dravenloft
Acolyte

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  23:53:01  Show Profile  Visit dravenloft's Homepage Send dravenloft a Private Message
quote:

Hi again, all.
Well, dravenloft, there's the "bracer" for the hungover, the cold, and the sick: "beef tea." Which in the Realms consists of a trace of brandy, sherry, or zzar (often the dregs) added to hit broth that's also had the hot drippings from overnight kitchen roasts stirred into it. Kills your heart over time, but warms and nourishes in the short term.
love,
THO

Oh, cool. Thanks milady.

Space Opera, Planetary Romance, Speculative Fiction and similar by me.
check it out at http://universal-nexus.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  00:20:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

Hi again, all!

love,
THO

So what's the hamstring called, then?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 07 Aug 2012 00:20:33
Go to Top of Page

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  03:22:23  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message
Sneaky hat on.
So Ed...Other than what you've revealed already, what can you tell us about Larloch that isn't restricted by NDA? ;)

Sneaky hat off.

In a fit of nostalgia, I picked up Elminster: The Making of a Mage again, and the opening Heldon scene had me thinking of a 'What If' tale I wish would be told. What if the present [lucid] Elminster could have a night long conversation with his father. How would you see that going? What would they speak of, and what effect would night have on the Old Sage?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  03:47:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

Oh, and one thing I forgot to add about "beef tea." According to my notes (taken during play, as Ed let drop various snippets of Realmslore), it's called "beef tea" regardless of what sort of meat is roasting, and thus supplied the drippings. Most likely in Cormyr and the Dalelands, is probably venison, then old tough oxen, then boar, then moose, then cattle, then domesticated hogs, then other sorts of "wildkill" such as bears, raccoons, and so on.
love to all,
THO

Hmmm.

Does Waterdeep have a local derivative of "beef tea," Ed?

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  16:53:10  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
So... I've been focusing most of my role-play fan-activities on Golarion lately, and in particular on the deity Milani (Chaotic Good, with a portfolio of uprisings and stuff) who fascinated me enough to even write some articles for Wayfinder on the subject, and I was wondering how come there's not really any matching deity in the Faerûnian pantheon (the closest, I guess, would be Lliira)? Is it Bane who snuffs any rebellious type who show potential of rising to godhood? Shar wants to keep the disgruntled adolescents dressed all in black to herself? Tyr and Helm can see why people are acting a bit disgruntled, "but there are right and proper ways to affect change, and torching the baron's castle with him still in it is not it!"?

If one of the existing deities (back in Old Grey Box or, later, the 1372 Realms) were to take up the portfolio of rebellions and uprisings, who does Ed think would be the best fit?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  16:53:53  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
And as an aside: "Beef-tea" is amazing after a cold day's work outside in the snow.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  17:57:34  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Hi again, all!

love,
THO

So what's the hamstring called, then?
Actually, I'd guess it's still the hamstring, given that it's located on the ham. The Achilles tendon, being named after a Greek figure (Achilles Johnson, feta cheese magnate*), wouldn't really be appropriate for the Realms, which is why I asked.

*No, not really.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  19:45:28  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Kajehase

So... I've been focusing most of my role-play fan-activities on Golarion lately, and in particular on the deity Milani (Chaotic Good, with a portfolio of uprisings and stuff) who fascinated me enough to even write some articles for Wayfinder on the subject, and I was wondering how come there's not really any matching deity in the Faerûnian pantheon (the closest, I guess, would be Lliira)? Is it Bane who snuffs any rebellious type who show potential of rising to godhood? Shar wants to keep the disgruntled adolescents dressed all in black to herself? Tyr and Helm can see why people are acting a bit disgruntled, "but there are right and proper ways to affect change, and torching the baron's castle with him still in it is not it!"?

If one of the existing deities (back in Old Grey Box or, later, the 1372 Realms) were to take up the portfolio of rebellions and uprisings, who does Ed think would be the best fit?

I'd love Cayden Cailean, or someone similar, as a Realms deity. He's a perfect fit for one of my PCs-turned-NPCs.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  20:00:25  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Well... (here I go beating my dead horse again), if you use the meta-setting concept, then Golarion is still within the greater D&D universe, and all its gods exist in it somewhere. Just because their cosmology is a bit different doesn't mean its a different place: It just means the mortals of that world look at the cosmology (and gods) a bit differently.

So, in other words, if you like a Pathfinder god, then use it. FR is known for its vast plethora of Interlopers.

Commentary/question on the body-parts thing: I love when something has a Realms-specific name, and I also love Realms-specific flora & fauna. Are there any body-parts (or other common things) that take names from Realms-specifc stuff. For instance, perhaps in the Realms a barrister (lawyer) might be derogatorily called 'a stirge'. That sort of thing.

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  21:28:00  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Certainly. Right off the top of my head, I can give you one: the polite-in-all-company euphemism for the female genitalia: "the Heartland."
As in (from Realms plays we Knights have "seen" performed in play), "Imperil not my Heartland, my lord" or "I must confess that when he smiles, my Heartland stands interested."
Obviously not something likely to appear in official in-print Realmslore, but widespread and VERY mild/socially acceptable. A "dignified naughty" expression, if you will.

And for centuries tax collectors have been known as "claws," from another famous line from a play: "Keep clear of the claws of the grasping dragon." (Obviously, the state is the "grasping dragon," a phrase seen in print (in broadsheets and sages' histories) more than heard spoken.

These are just the first two examples that come to mind; Ed does a lot of this.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2012 :  22:38:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

Certainly. Right off the top of my head, I can give you one: the polite-in-all-company euphemism for the female genitalia: "the Heartland."
As in (from Realms plays we Knights have "seen" performed in play), "Imperil not my Heartland, my lord" or "I must confess that when he smiles, my Heartland stands interested."

Man, that gives references to the "cities of the Heartlands" an entirely different meaning!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 07 Aug 2012 22:39:23
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2012 :  03:02:43  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:

What... no "down south" euphenisms ever come into play in the Realms?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2012 :  03:04:33  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

So, in other words, if you like a Pathfinder god, then use it. FR is known for its vast plethora of Interlopers.
Alternatively, you could simply play a Golarion deity as an aspect of another Realms deity -- or vice versa.

The Realms has also certainly seen it's share of one deity taking on the aspect of other for whatever reason.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000