Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2012)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2012 :  18:48:19  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

I hope this is of help.
Absolutely of help!

Especially your reply to my third question. It never occurred to me that nobles of Waterdeep might actually cultivate hauntings so as to be more awesome than their peers. That's pretty cool.

Thanks Ed and THO.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2012 :  19:27:31  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message
A couple [voluminous] more questions about memory stealing (relating to my kiira questions of the previous week).

Ed, you mentioned that acquiring memories don't by themselves confer power. The discipline to use the power has to be developed.
If I remember correctly, in Cloak of Shadows, you wrote that some version of Midnight, absorbed Elminster's memories becoming "old and wise" in something along a 24 hour period. (As an aside, Midnight displayed very Mystra-like powers during that scene of the Time of Troubles. Was this the newly risen Mystra time travelling?) Ahem. Midnight's memory was subsequently erased by Ao who said that the memories would return to her in time. When the memories returned, how long did it take the nascent goddess to master the knowledge and power in Elminster’s memories? Could she also have performed a similar process to gain the memories in a kiira/selu’kiira? Could a vengeful elven demigod (Shevarash) absorb and master the powers of an ancient selu’kiira, and if so, how long would it take him to master the high magic art contained within? Relatedly, did the memory sharing between Midnight and Elminster have to be consensual? If a darkly inclined witch had assumed Mystra’s mantle, could she just seize those memories?

Also, did Mystra court any other wizards for their memories? Whom, if any?

Immediately following Elminster and Midnight’s scene in Cloak of Shadows, you had Elminster battle a mage (the “Masked One”) who developed a spell that allowed him to subsume the power of his defeated foes. You noted that the Masked One was stalking avatars (“Hoar”) to gain the power to overthrow Szass Tam. Presumably, and please correct me on this, his spell would have worked on the Avatar as indicated by Ao himself taking notice and intervening indirectly by hurling Elminster at the mage and his golem.
Although “subsuming power” is imprecise, the Masked One’s narrative had him complain of his failure to defeat Elminster, that Elminster’s memory AND mastery should have been “flowing into him”. This seems to indicate that there was at least one way, via Art for a mortal to a degree acquire knowledge and power in Art, with the discipline to use it, rapidy if not simultaneously. Had he defeated an Elminster-like mage as presumably El’s memories and powers were protected by Mystra’s blessings, did you intend that the Masked One could have gained his full power and mastery?

Any news on Sharantyr, Belkram, and Itharr ( and Sharantyr’s child) which isn’t NDA?

Lastly I would like to thank whoever first came up with this quote from Spellfire (be it Ed or one of his players). If this quote violates the terms of service, please edit it out, good moderators.

Torm: "Wizards! Wherever one sees battle there's some attending dweomer crafter jabbering and waving his hands. Honest sword swingers fall doomed - slain by a man in a lady's gown too craven to stand against them."

I don't know what it is about that line which has given me so much joy and mirth over the many years but this stands my favorite line in all the Realms.

Edited by - Veritas on 12 May 2012 20:22:16
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2012 :  23:03:33  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Hello Ed and THO.

More Deepspawn questions, if I may:

Can Deepspawn consume another Deepspawn’s spawn? (Say that ten times really fast.)

That is, are spawn sufficient to use as a template to create more of the same creature? Or can Deepspawn only replicate non-spawn?

If the later, can Deepspawn consume the spawn of another of its kind to use as raw materials, if nothing else?

Or do Deepspawn have a natural aversion to the spawn created by others of their kind? Are the spawn of one Deepspawn toxic to another Deepspawn? Have Deepspawn ever tried to poison/kill each other this way?

Can they sense that a creature was created by another Deepspawn?

If yes, how refined is this ability? If a group of spawn are bunched together in a small room, could a Deepspawn tell which of the spawn belonged to which masters? If yes, is this an ability that comes with age?

Do spawn from different Deepspawn have an aversion to each other? Or is that dependent on the relationship (if any) between two Deepspawn?

Lastly, do Deepspawn have a name for their race? Is it pronounceable? If yes, do they have a name for their spawn too?

Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2012 :  10:12:19  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Veritas

Also, did Mystra court any other wizards for their memories? Whom, if any?

Immediately following Elminster and Midnight’s scene in Cloak of Shadows, you had Elminster battle a mage (the “Masked One”) who developed a spell that allowed him to subsume the power of his defeated foes. You noted that the Masked One was stalking avatars (“Hoar”) to gain the power to overthrow Szass Tam.

I will second the first question above! I too would be interested to know about other wizards that have had a special relationship with Mystra, (names only would be great am sure we can make up the extent of their realtionship).

re the second point: I assumed the Masked One was Velsharoon the renegade archmage of Thay who went a-hunting for powerful adventuring types to complete the Talos inspired ritual to turn him into a demi-god (original clack from Polyhedron 55 and Halls of the High King). Though he is known as Velsharoon the Vaunted as well?

I also assumed that was he was doing was using a variant of the 7th level spell: 'Stealspell' originally published in Dragon magazine 90 as part of the Incantatrix class designed by Ed himself (updated for 2E in Cult of the Dragon sourcebook and then for 3.x as well). I assume a variant as he was attempting to take more than just a single spell from El's mind.

I too would love to know more about the Masked One and whether Art can be learned more quickly by stealing the memories of others.

Cheers

Damian
ps a random thought about the Masked One, could it be the same Masked One who taught El in Myth Drannor all those years ago?

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2012 :  13:35:06  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message
crazedventurers, I never made the (Cloak of Shadows) Masked One - Velsharoon connection. Brilliant! Although from the description Ed painted of the spell(s0 the Masked One was using, the memory and mastery indicated to me that he was stealing class levels and other powers. He was also looking to seize the power of an avatar who may not be a spellcaster in the wizardly sense.

I doubt the Masked One is related to El's former teacher. This one is the guise adopted by the Thayan necromancer as a show that he "lost power" in order trick his rivals into attacking him. He would then slay them on his home ground to subsume their power.

Edited by - Veritas on 13 May 2012 13:39:17
Go to Top of Page

rodrigoalcanza
Seeker

Brazil
67 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2012 :  14:17:07  Show Profile Send rodrigoalcanza a Private Message
Hello!

I would like the help of Ed, or The Hooded One, or some other forum member who can answer me these two old doubts (concerning the period before the 4 th edition):

1-How did the mages (wizards, sorcerers, bard ...) and priests (clerics, druids, rangers ...) understand the spell levels. For example, in the game mechanics, the sleep spell is 1st level and a fireball is 3rd level. But I know it's in the rules of the game. What does this mean in the Realms? As its inhabitants understand the differences in the complexity of magic?

2-In general terms, as are the laws for carrying weapons and armor in cities, towns and other dwellings in Faerűn? Basically, I just found this answer on the kingdom of Cormyr. But how that works possession of weapons and armor in Dalelands, for example? And in other parts of Faerűn?
I think about how these laws could be because adventurers tend to go with many types of weapons, some quite large with a greataxe. I imagine that the authorities should have some concern about that.

Excuse my English!

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2012 :  16:03:21  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Dear Ed and Lady Hooded,
Just heard a rumor for the second time, and this one from a source not prone to spreading false or without-support rumors, that Ed was involved in script work for Snow White and the Huntsman. True? False? Or (groan) NDA?
BB
Go to Top of Page

MalariaMoon
Learned Scribe

324 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2012 :  16:47:11  Show Profile  Visit MalariaMoon's Homepage Send MalariaMoon a Private Message
Hi Ed and THO,

I hope you're both well. I suspect I'm walking directly into the toothed jaws of an NDA here, but no matter! Is Ed able to offer any information concerning the Silverymoon Embassy in Piergeiron's Palace in Silverymoon? I'm most particularly interested in the names and personalities of its staff, but any lore is worthwhile.

Cheers
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2012 :  17:09:46  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message
Hello Ed and THO,

I have an idea for an NPC war wizard who’s not as smart as he thinks he is; he’s studied Elvish, but he assumes wrongly that elven words that sound similar to words in the Common tongue must mean the same thing.

Ed, have you ever worked up any false cognates between elven dialects and the Common tongue or Thorass (that’s Old Common, right?) that I could slip into this NPC’s writeup?

Something that could cause laughs or make a tense situation more tense? Sort of like how embarrassed means one thing in English, but embarazada means something else in Spanish.

How about for dwarven dialects?

Thank you very much and I hope if there’s an NDA that it’s gentle with me.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 14 May 2012 17:29:21
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2012 :  16:20:57  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all. This from Ed to Blueblade:

Sorry, not true. I wish it was, though; I'd love to have an excuse to explore Arundel Castle for a few weeks.
First, though, I'd have to snatch those few weeks. Busy busy busy . . .

So saith Ed. (And "busy" to Ed is "crazy busy" to most of the rest of us.)
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2012 :  17:26:33  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message

Never heard of that rumor. But, based on the trailer and what I heard so far...the said film would almost quite certainly NOT disappoint. It's like Snow White meets Game of Thrones.

They assembled a great cast. Chris Hemsworth is perfect for the role. Charlize Theron, for the first time, plays the villainess. KS, despite the claims of some, can actually act. She exudes an aura of 'innocence,' which is good to show SW's good side.

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 16 May 2012 19:29:35
Go to Top of Page

Malcolm
Learned Scribe

242 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  15:52:19  Show Profile  Visit Malcolm's Homepage Send Malcolm a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
I'm hoping Ed can share something (anything) about something he mentioned to me at a convention last year: a crime organization based in Teziir that has been infiltrating Cormyrean noble families by kidnapping nobles and sending their own members back to Cormyr as replacements, magically altered to be perfect doubles, who then send funds and trade to the criminals, and receive smuggled goods from them.
Ed? Please? Or is is this something active right now in your own play?
Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  19:55:22  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Malcolm, what you refer to is very much "active right now" in the home Realms campaign, so although I'd love to hear more, I suspect Ed is going to reveal very little.

NineCoronas: PMs received, off to Ed for comments...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

NineCoronas
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2012 :  00:33:42  Show Profile Send NineCoronas a Private Message
Thank you! :)
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2012 :  18:37:58  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
I bring the latest words of Ed of the Greenwood, this time in response to this Feb 1st (Page 7 of this thread) post by scribe varyar: "Hi all (and by all, I mostly mean Ed), I asked this over yonder in another thread, and was told it might be good going here to see what you had to say on the matter. Thus...
I'm starting to get back into the Realms again after a few years away from it, and skimming through my copy of Grand History, I noticed that it starts with the end of the great ice age and the sketchy rise of the Creator Races. What can you tell us about what was going on before that, during the ice age and whatever preceded it?"
Ed replies:

The problem with asking about prehistoric history is, ahem, the lack of history. In that there aren't a lot of beings around now who were around then, to ask, and little or nothing in the way of records. About all we know about the time before that ice age is that some sages back in the time of what we now refer to as the Coming of the Creator Races referred to that nebulous "pre-dawn time" as the Time of the Rauth.
Who or what the Rauth were, or are (or was or is), is a matter of debate and speculation.
Elminster is of the opinion that the Rauth were a race that are still around in the Realms today, albeit altered and under a different name. Yet he wants it stressed that this IS an opinion.
Many sages believe "Rauth" is a contraction ("worn down over passing time") of "Andorauth" or another longer, more complex word.
Interestingly, those long-ago sages (despite violent diagreements among them as to who or what "ruled" Faerun and what life and the landscape were like) almost universally thought of The Time Before The Ice as a time of verdant natural abundance, with farming and civilization and burgeoning advances in arts and culture.
So there you have it. Not much, but (right now) it's all we have...

So saith Ed. The Creator Guy himself.
love,
THO

Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  02:26:00  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message
I have seen Water Elementals and Blood Elementals... but has Ed ever had to deal with Alcohol Elementals? Beings of sentient Beers, Wines, Ales, Vodka and so on? With powerful abilities like Cause Drunkness, Induce Vomiting and Evoke Hangover? Then there is their weakness to fire...

Which Alcohol Elemental is the deadliest? I think it might be the Moonshine and/or Newfoundland Screech variants.

Has Ed used such an elemental in a game? Has any characters he has created or dealt with experienced them? How would they react to one?

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  03:10:46  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by rodrigoalcanza

Hello!

I would like the help of Ed, or The Hooded One, or some other forum member who can answer me these two old doubts (concerning the period before the 4 th edition):

1-How did the mages (wizards, sorcerers, bard ...) and priests (clerics, druids, rangers ...) understand the spell levels. For example, in the game mechanics, the sleep spell is 1st level and a fireball is 3rd level. But I know it's in the rules of the game. What does this mean in the Realms? As its inhabitants understand the differences in the complexity of magic?

2-In general terms, as are the laws for carrying weapons and armor in cities, towns and other dwellings in Faerűn? Basically, I just found this answer on the kingdom of Cormyr. But how that works possession of weapons and armor in Dalelands, for example? And in other parts of Faerűn?
I think about how these laws could be because adventurers tend to go with many types of weapons, some quite large with a greataxe. I imagine that the authorities should have some concern about that.

Excuse my English!

Thanks!

Hi there,

In some ways you ask about core rules and of course ask as well about the Realms. I offer a starting answer that might be expanded on by another.

1) Characters do not know spell levels, what they learn is an increasing connection with the Weave or Deity. The spells levels if recognized at all as such is the amount of power a spell caster achieves. A spell like sleep is easier to master then fireball as well, however the character does not know its level, just knows a harder spell to learn and master.

2) Control, allowance of weapons clearly depends on town or city visited. Some require no weapon for non citizen within the gates, some require a "peace binding" (A tying down of weapons so it takes time to be able to free it), some are open carry of weapons because you might need to use it at any time. The answer to this in short it depends, it depends for example if the Dalelands consider the characters friendly or hostile and so it would go for any community that could enforce a weapon law.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

NineCoronas
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  08:28:12  Show Profile Send NineCoronas a Private Message
I've always been curious.

Is Viconia DeVir's skin color (blueish hued) erroneous to canon?

-NineCoronas
Go to Top of Page

Lady Shadowflame
Learned Scribe

115 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  08:54:27  Show Profile Send Lady Shadowflame a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by NineCoronas

I've always been curious.

Is Viconia DeVir's skin color (blueish hued) erroneous to canon?

-NineCoronas

Her mother always told her not to drop those blue mushrooms in the bathtub, but noooo, she thought they got her lovely and clean...

Though seriously, as far as I've seen it may just be an extension of the artists who started making drow more greyish in their pictures, because black was too hard for them to draw.
I'd imagine there are faint differences in shade amongst drow, more noticeable to them than to others, though.
Still, we can see what Ed says - maybe there are blue drow (and not just ones who've been left out in the cold too long ) or maybe Viconia did just have a bit of a mishap with something skin-staining along the way.

Save a lizard... Ride a drow.

Edited by - Lady Shadowflame on 23 May 2012 08:59:21
Go to Top of Page

NineCoronas
Acolyte

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  09:46:38  Show Profile Send NineCoronas a Private Message
quote:
Her mother always told her not to drop those blue mushrooms in the bathtub, but noooo, she thought they got her lovely and clean...

My mother also told me to not drop mushrooms.

quote:
Though seriously, as far as I've seen it may just be an extension of the artists who started making drow more greyish in their pictures, because black was too hard for them to draw.
I'd imagine there are faint differences in shade amongst drow, more noticeable to them than to others, though.
Still, we can see what Ed says - maybe there are blue drow (and not just ones who've been left out in the cold too long ) or maybe Viconia did just have a bit of a mishap with something skin-staining along the way.

I've always found the blue-ish/greyish hue to be more 'fitting', for whatever reason. Easier on my eyes then the brown colors I have seen some artists depict them as.
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  14:43:57  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message
By canon, drow have black skin. Not black as in Earth African descent, but black as in obsidian. (This is, of course, before the weirdness at the very end of 3e) However, black of that color is hard to render effectively on a computer, so illustrations of drow like Viconia have tended toward the blues and purples, to give the artists something that they can actually work with.

It's an artistic rendering, and should not be taken as how a drow like Viconia would look if you were suddenly teleported in front of them.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  15:15:04  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message
Drow colouration - blue, purple, grey, brown, black, even fairskinned - has been much discussed before ... even the quickest search will immediately find three relevant (and lengthy) scrolls about this topic.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  15:39:17  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hello All,

Ed in your mindseye how much would ingots of Aurorum and Frystalline be worth first to the good churches, second to anyone else region for region in Faerun...(Book of Exalted Deeds)?

Aurorum items repairs themselves if broken or sundered, weapons made from Frystalline are considered having magic quality "Good".
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2012 :  18:05:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

By canon, drow have black skin. Not black as in Earth African descent, but black as in obsidian. (This is, of course, before the weirdness at the very end of 3e) However, black of that color is hard to render effectively on a computer, so illustrations of drow like Viconia have tended toward the blues and purples, to give the artists something that they can actually work with.

It's an artistic rendering, and should not be taken as how a drow like Viconia would look if you were suddenly teleported in front of them.

It was retconned during 3E to encompass other shades, because of the inability of artists to render black skin. Not sure how this was an issue, since prior artists had been doing it since drow were introduced...

I would be curious to know, though, if Ed's drow have varied skintones, or if they are obsidian-skinned as was prior canon.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2012 :  01:27:42  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

It was retconned during 3E to encompass other shades, because of the inability of artists to render black skin. Not sure how this was an issue, since prior artists had been doing it since drow were introduced...

I would be curious to know, though, if Ed's drow have varied skintones, or if they are obsidian-skinned as was prior canon.

It was in 3e's Underdark... with Rich Baker saying that they only did this in one sourcebook in the last 20 or so years because the artists had a difficult time drawing drow... thus the text was changed to match the artist images.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2012 :  03:50:07  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Bill Willingham and Jeff Dee had no such problems. Of course, their illustrations were in black and white. Oh, and superior to most everything else I've seen.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2012 :  04:06:49  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi, all. This one I can answer, straight from an old Ed e-mail to me about just this topic.

Ed's drow have:

... obsidian-black skin. However, youth, disease, bruises, areas of healing and scars, and overexposure to the sunlight of the Realms Above (that is, the surface world, and "overexposure" varies from individual to individual, on a genetic basis) will cause obsidian-black skin to go velvety black (go soft and dull rather than deep jet black), and such drow skin will look black with either a deep purple tint or a deep blue tint when it reflects back bright lights. So, black with dark purple or dark, rich blue ("royal blue") highlights (not dark purple skin with black areas, or dark blue with black areas, but black with hued highlights.
Pickled drow skin preserved by alchemists (pickled, in bottles), goes slowly more and more purple, just as the scales of the Purple Dragon of Cormyr went from black to purple with age.

So saith Ed. In a late 1990s e-mail.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Lady Shadowflame
Learned Scribe

115 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2012 :  04:27:10  Show Profile Send Lady Shadowflame a Private Message
The talk on scars reminds me of a question I'd been meaning to ask:

What are the best ways, in the Realms, of removing old scars?
If you're injured badly and then healed fully by magic, do any scars that were on the injured skin go away too?
Say, if someone was desperate, and I mean REALLY desperate, to remove a scar that marked them out for something - like a brand, or something carved into the skin, could they get that skin cut away, then healed to be scar-free?

Or are there less extreme methods?

(Also, drawing on that last reply, are there ways for drow to revert/undo that change of skin-tone?)

Save a lizard... Ride a drow.

Edited by - Lady Shadowflame on 24 May 2012 04:28:57
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2012 :  05:14:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Thank you for that bit of lore, my Lady.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2012 :  05:38:46  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Bill Willingham and Jeff Dee had no such problems. Of course, their illustrations were in black and white. Oh, and superior to most everything else I've seen.

-- George Krashos

Very true.

And with this additional bit of lore on the subject from both Ed and the lovely Lady Hooded One, I feel like we've got more of an insight, now, into how this whole scenario has changed over the years.

Regardless, I'll be keeping that little bit handy... since the subject of drow skin tones seems to pop up here in discussion at Candlekeep with some semi-frequent regularity.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000