Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2012)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  07:50:03  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message
The new year has invigorated me, and a personal problem has spurred me to ask a question: What is the status of Wills in the Realms, assuming they exist?
That is, obviously inheritance laws vary from country to country, and possibly from class to class. But are belonging divided by Wills which the deceased leaves? Can they be contested? It seems to me that anyone could find a cleric to cast Speak With Dead - can such a spell be used to invalidate an existing will, or to apply some sort of division assuming no will was left? Again, obviously the rules would vary from country to country, so I think I'd like a focus on Cormyr and Waterdeep.
As always, endless gratitude for taking the time to share the Realms and edify us.

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
Behold, he put no trust in his servants; and his angels he charged with folly.
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

"There are no stupid questions – just a bunch of inquisitive idiots."

"Let's not call it 'hijacking'. Let's call it 'Thread Drift'."
Go to Top of Page

Wolfhound75
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  15:46:19  Show Profile Send Wolfhound75 a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Have we discovered a time portal?

Seriously, I am boycotting this thread for another 5 hours. None of that weird 'upside down' time from the merry ol' land of Oz for me.

I'm a little late catching up on this thread but...

I thought chronomancy was strictly verboten!

Thanks to Ed and THO for continuing this very worthy scroll!

Good Hunting!

"Firepower - if it's not working, you're not using enough." ~ Military Proverb

"If at first you do succeed, you must've rolled a natural 20!"
Go to Top of Page

Gareth Yaztromo
Acolyte

Australia
37 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  21:44:59  Show Profile  Visit Gareth Yaztromo's Homepage Send Gareth Yaztromo a Private Message
Ed, I know this has probably been asked a million times; but will there ever be a novel (or three?) on The Four (Durnan, Mirt, Asper and Randal Morn) and how they met?

"Gereth Yaztromo is arguably the most famous wizard of Allansia due to his part in a number of the most well known sagas of that region from the third century AC. He is also known as one of the three Star Pupils of the Grand Wizard of Yore.."
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  03:31:27  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message
Hello all. I got a question for Ed or anyone else knowledgeable on this topic. I'm curious about the origins of the Calendar of Harptos and the names of its months. Which civilization of Faerun created the calendar and how were the names of each month derived?

Edited by - Caolin on 07 Jan 2012 03:46:49
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  04:18:39  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message
THO has already answered some questions about Harptos in this scroll. The information she provided is brief since Harptos himself was apparently only given the briefest of descriptions. Some wiki sites also claim Harptos was a wizard. Most agree that he died a long time ago.

The Calendar of Harptos itself has been documented in numerous sources. I personally suspect the colloquial names for months and days (which vary slightly from region to region) were largely passed down over centuries and their sources are largely forgotten; most seem to be named after various seasonal events of interest to farmers. Our own calendar was originally devised by the Romans and so the origin of month names are primarily based on Roman influences (names of Roman deities and emperors, plus various Latin terms) while the origin of day names are based on a mixture of Roman religious terms with the names of Norse deities worshipped by conquered Germanic peoples. References still sometimes use names derived from Celtic influences or from local kingdoms and obsolete calendar systems, though with diminishing frequency.

I believe the names in the Roll of Years are derived from the divinations and visions of various mad prophets, most notably Alaundo the Seer and Augathra the Mad. Each year is named (sometimes cryptically) after some important event which occurs or is predicted to occur within it; Realmslore has so far contrived to adhere to these predictions, though not always in obvious ways.

I've always wondered how the Roll of Years could accurately penetrate distantly future events such as the Time of Troubles and Spellplague. This suggests some prophets are capable of greater foresight for impending doom than the unaware gods themselves. It also suggests, strongly, that "free will" within the Realms is ultimately subverted by pre-fated determinism.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 07 Jan 2012 04:41:54
Go to Top of Page

Caolin
Senior Scribe

768 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  04:41:17  Show Profile Send Caolin a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

THO has already answered some questions about Harptos in this scroll. The information she provided is brief since Harptos himself was apparently only given the briefest of descriptions. Some wiki sites also claim Harptos was a wizard. Most agree that he died a long time ago.

The Calendar of Harptos itself has been documented in numerous sources. I personally suspect the colloquial names for months and days (which vary slightly from region to region) were largely passed down over centuries and their sources are largely forgotten; most seem to be named after various seasonal events of interest to farmers. Our own calendar was originally devised by the Romans and so the origin of month names are primarily based on Roman influences (names of Roman deities and Emperors, plus various Latin terms) while the origin of day names are based on a mixture of Roman religious terms with the names of Norse deities worshipped by conquered Germanic peoples. References still sometimes use names derived from Celtic influences or from local kingdoms and obsolete calendar systems, though with diminishing frequency.

I believe the names in the Roll of Years are derived from the divinations and visions of various mad prophets, most notably Alaundo the Seer and Augathra the Mad. Each year is named (sometimes cryptically) after some important event which occurs or is predicted to occur within it; Realmslore has so far contrived to adhere to these predictions, though not always in obvious ways.

I've always wondered how the Roll of Years could accurately penetrate distantly future events such as the Time of Troubles and Spellplague. This suggests some prophets are capable of greater foresight for impending doom than the unaware gods themselves.

Thanks Ayrik. I saw the wiki pages on the Calendar but I was more curious about where Harptos was from and where he got the month names from. I became interested due to some study I was doing on our real world calendars, so I became curious about the Realms calendars.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  04:50:32  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Caolin

Thanks Ayrik. I saw the wiki pages on the Calendar but I was more curious about where Harptos was from and where he got the month names from. I became interested due to some study I was doing on our real world calendars, so I became curious about the Realms calendars.

Well, Harptos is an Ed-creation. But as for details about him, the Lady Hooded One once noted that:-

"As far as I know, Ed has only ever written a few paragraphs about Harptos, who was a short, slim, dark-haired, studious and quiet man (a scholar and inventor rather than any sort of leader)."

I'm sure Ed will likely be able to add more.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  11:24:39  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
From the Realms-L archive posted by George Krashos on Harptos and other prophets of the Realms.

George any further lore on the 'Lost Prophets of Faerun' that you can share?

Cheers

Damian

http://oracle.wizards.com/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind9910E&L=REALMS-L&P=R3630&I=-3

Where Kaalinth was has never been detailed, but it's a decent question for Steven, Ed et. al. Hmm... BTW, this is the only published reference to Harptos.

Auguthra is a she. Her 'dates' are found in the Revised FR Boxed Set timeline. I believe she was the first to originally name some of the Years in Alaundo's Roll of Years. Alaundo then greatly expanded her work.

The history of Alaundo of Candlekeep is pretty much a blank - all we know is that he supposedly created the Roll of Years (as we know it now), lived in Candlekeep, and was a worshipper of Savras. In off-List discussions with Steven Schend re this individual Steven notes that year names for the Realms pre-date the time of Alaundo (this was shown in LOI which for the first time gave year names for earlier than -200 DR or so, and also in Cormanthyr).

Steven has hinted that Alaundo was just the most famous of a series of prophets (some of the earlier ones might have been elves) who scribed and prophesied the Years of the Realms. We do not officially know the extent of the Roll of Years (i.e. when it began and when it finishes) but Alaundo is not the sole author of it - despite the narrow-minded view of the present monks of Candlekeep.:) Oh, IIRC there is a mention of Alaundo in one of Eric Boyd's city write-ups in DDGttU - the illithid city of Oryndoll I believe...

-- George Krashos

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  11:41:38  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
THO on where Kaalinth was (posted July 2010)

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13186&whichpage=70
(towards the bottom of the page)

Hi again, all.
Jorkens, I found this in my notes:

Kaalinth (pronounced KAY-linth) is a now-vanished coastal fortress keep, a small city of folk inhabiting one sprawling stone castle dominated by a huge tower. It was blasted down by a dragon, who laired in the ruins, only to later be defeated by a cabal of dragon-riding wizards. In the battle, the ruined keep was almost obliberated.
It has since vanished.
Some controversy about its site, Amn or Tethyr (Velen?) most likely.

From the surrounding notations I made, it's clear my character heard this from a garrulous caravan merchant who had been liberally supplied with drink (by my character). We never followed this up, so its veracity is (as they say) untested . . .
love,
THO

Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  15:27:38  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message

Had Alassra killed someone she didn't want to but needed to? Was it one of the things she regretted the most?

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  16:41:32  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message
A few more questions, brought on by recent circumstances - Thursday was a Fast Day, and also 'General Kaddish Day for Victims of the Holocaust', and this made me think of some questions.
Are there Fast Days in the Realms? I assume some religions have them, obviously, but is there anything major, like the Day of Atonement, which everybody observes?
In a similar vein, are there national fast days or remembrance days? For example, did Cormyr have a Memorial Day for the victims of the Goblin Wars against the Devil Dragon? If so, when and where were these, and how long did they last? Jews still fast today, but that's religion. Hopefully Holocaust Memorial Day will be eternal, but I'm cynical. So in that respect, do nations have memorial days that became obsolete after a few generation or so? I'd think the elves have less of those because they have longer lifespans and larger tragedies, such as the fall of Myth Drannor.
Also, inspired by more musings on Symrustar Auglamyr - is it common for wizards to carry a small spellbook with there most important spells in a secret pocket, so that if they get blasted away from their belongings, they can re-learn their spells?

"Shall mortal man be more just than God? shall a man be more pure than his maker?
How much less them that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundation in the dust, are crushed before the moth?" - Eliphaz the Temanite, Job IV, 17-19.

"Yea, though he live a thousand years twice, yet hath he seen no good: do not all go to one place?" - Ecclesiastes VI, 6.

Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 07 Jan 2012 :  22:51:07  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
outside of anything and everything dealling with Mystra, what is Elminster's and the other chosen's fondest memory?

oh boy this one may be NDA'd.... hahahahaha

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  15:16:32  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message

Can an archdevil and a greater deity procreate? Do they have to be of the opposite gender?

Go to Top of Page

Menelvagor
Senior Scribe

Israel
352 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  15:27:07  Show Profile  Visit Menelvagor's Homepage Send Menelvagor a Private Message
And yet another pair of questions, this time inspired by my re-read of Elminster Must Die. I know there's a large chance of NDA's, so I'm trying to frame them in the best possible way (forgive any clumsiness):

How likely is it that gods/goddesses removed certain individuals from Faerun to other worlds in order to have a backup host/source of power/etc? For example (purely hypothetical, really!), how likely is it that Symrustar Auglamyr was removed from Faerun by Mystra in order to preserve the power stored in her, and she will return one day to help restore/revive Mystra with the power stored in her?
In another hypothetical question, should a sequel to Bury Elminster Deep be written/published (for theory's sake, let's call it... 'Elminster Engaged', because it has a nice ring to it), what is the likelihood of other (former) Chosen of Mystra (besides El, Storm and the Simbul) showing up, such as the Srinshee, Dove, Alvaerele, Symrustar, etc?

Lastly, how substantive is the entry in Grand History of the Realms regarding Symrustar's death? That is, until that entry, no source had stated explicitly that she was dead; is this a final statement (which makes my above questions even more hypothetical), or is it supposed to mean that she's assumed to be dead (because she was last seen in an explosion 700 years ago, and her Choker which she swore would leave her throat only when she was dead was found on the battlefield)?

Edited by - Menelvagor on 09 Jan 2012 17:10:11
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  16:15:40  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
How important were aberrations in Ed's original, pre-published realms?

Just curious, is all. I believe he created the Sharns and Phaerimm (and Malaugrym, etc), so he apparently had something in-mind for his 'prehistoric' Realms.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

edappel
Learned Scribe

Brazil
211 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  17:03:34  Show Profile Send edappel a Private Message
Hello THO and everyone else.. After 3 years without posting here (I'm the guy who asked Ed to send a message to my friend on jail), I'm definetly worry with FR 5th edition.. I think Ed is already thinking about it and probably he has a developed answer, even so, I'm the one who is here to ask...

"Grandmaster Ed Greenwood, What should we expect of Forgotten Realms 5th edition?"

--- Ed Appel

*** I'm a brazilian FR fan. So, feel free to correct my writing mistakes to improve my english.
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  17:58:37  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message
Edappel,

I just read an article about 5th edition, and maybe it's too early to say something, since they are proposing that its format will be build according to D&D fans, masters and gamers. However, I'm also waiting an answer. Have WoTC made any preview of Realmsian changes for this edition? For now, I don't think so, but who knows?

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  18:16:04  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hello all,

Ed what are the Malaugryms/Shadovar (when they were on Plane of Shadows attitude towards intelligent undead, are they immediately hostile or only in response to hostility? I'm also curious if they have experimented on undead out of any curiosity? Do the Malaugrym/Shadovar have the ability to warp undead in anyway (obviously with control of them) such as giving them various shadow abilities, templates or would long time exposure on such a plane eventually warp a vampire "naturally"?

Would a vampire be able to subsist on shadow creatures and if yes would feeding on such creatures begin to change the vampire, it is said there is power in blood?

Thanks

Are there or have ever been any vampiric Malaugrym/Shadovar?
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2012 :  21:24:23  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message

A query to Ed that should not be covered by a NDA :

I'm curious to hear anything he can say about the "wintering process" of Waterdeep's nobility. As much about those who departs for the south than those who choose to stay. Anything from the logistics of travel to the connections with Tethir’s nobility. I'm more interested about how it was circa 1370 than current time.
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  04:54:54  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
edappel and Barastir and everyone else, here's Ed on 5th Edition or whatever it may be called:

Folks, it's too early for me or anyone else to say anything really definite about the future D&D® game rules, because they ARE in development - - and the input of gamers like you and me is being sought, and really will have an effect on them! Playtests are being arranged, and the design process begins . . .
With that said, I am really excited by what various Wizards staffers have said to me thus far, and the designers, writers, and artists I've seen gearing up for this. I really do see a bright future ahead for D&D® and for the Realms!

So saith Ed, who was almost bouncing off the ceiling when I talked to him, earlier (you can tell; that's when he starts using the word "really" a lot ). He is happier and more confident about the game he loves and the world he's shared with us all for all these years than I've seen him in a long time. So as the high priest said, staring into the flames over the altar (I'm quoting a cleric portrayed by Ed as the DM, years ago in the home Realms campaign):
"The signs are bright, and my heart lifts. So we shall wait - - and we shall see. Rush to no judgments, but be of open mind, and behold."
Now if I know my scribes here at the Keep, speculation will be rich and rampant.
But as Ed said: rush to no judgments. Right now, his high hopes are good enough for me!
love to all,
THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 10 Jan 2012 04:56:21
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  09:43:13  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Tantum All

Ed there has been a lot of chat in the OSR blogs recently about level and class limits on demi-humans from earlier editions of the game. As a very prolific game designer and publisher for 30 years+ I would be interested to know what you think/thought of the way demi-humans PC were handled in 0E/1E etc to balance them against human PC by limiting choice?

As an aside and as a DM, how did the home game handle demi-human advancement? In my game the rules were set in stone regarding PC limits and classes at the start of character creation, but through gameplay one or two rules got blurred due to outstanding play.

As ever am just curious about the roots of the game and how folks house-ruled in their own campaigns.

Kind regards

Damian

shudder,
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  16:35:57  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Folks, it's too early for me or anyone else to say anything really definite about the future D&D® game rules, because they ARE in development - - and the input of gamers like you and me is being sought, and really will have an effect on them! Playtests are being arranged, and the design process begins . . .
With that said, I am really excited by what various Wizards staffers have said to me thus far <snip>
BOTH of them?

Sorry You just set me up for that one.

Apologies all around.

I'm sure with MtG they have more then 2 employees.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 10 Jan 2012 16:38:25
Go to Top of Page

MalariaMoon
Learned Scribe

324 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2012 :  16:39:18  Show Profile  Visit MalariaMoon's Homepage Send MalariaMoon a Private Message
Hi once again Ed and THO,

A week or so ago I asked for information concerning the Circle of Flames order in Myth Drannor. I'd like to add a further question.

Can Ed share with us any details concerning the mages that Vangerdahast defeated from 1306 to 1308 DR in his reordering of Cormyr's War Wizards. A few names and tidbits of lore would be great. Is there any chance any of them had secret holdings as yet undiscovered (and can we have the details of such places?).

The Candlekeep scribes and in particular Garen Thral have helped me establish there's little existing information concerning this time, but also that the details might well be locked inside an NDA. However, there's no harm in asking.

My adventure's plot goes something like this; Those wizards of the Circle of Flames who escaped Myth Drannor to Cormyr took with them some of the magical secrets of the City of Song. When the wizards started training the nascent War Wizards, these secrets were passed down to them only to disappear in Salember's reign.

Following Azoun's death, Vangerdahast 'retires' but is seeking powerful magic to defend the Forest Kingdom. Through intermediaries, he hires the PCs to investigate sites which may have been the hideouts of traitors slain back in '08. In such a holding, the PCs stumble upon some of the secrets of the Circle, clues of powerful magic that remains in their ruined headquarters in Myth Drannor. Such is the potential of this magic Vangey is prepared to risk alienating Cormyr's relationship with the retaken realm by sending the PCs to steal the magic from under the elves' noses. As PCs are a neutral party, Cormyr has maximum deniability should anything go wrong.

Sorry that's probably far more plot than anyone wanted or needed.

Anyways, any help appreciated,

Cheers!
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2012 :  18:08:45  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Ed, what is the fastest land animal in 1370's, what was fastest land animal ever? Same for flight and sea if possible and what drove them to extinction if extinct?

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2012 :  18:48:17  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message

Are there any forms of magic, other than divine and the elven High Magic, that can revert an undead back to its "live" self?

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2012 :  20:34:19  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message
Dennis, off the top of my head: wish is an arcane spell, reincarnation has an arcane spell equivalent, there is the arcane lifewater of the Bedine witches who dwell in the Anauroch, an alchemist can brew an elixir from powdered philosopher's stone (found in the DMG), there is a medicinal herb in the Moonsea region which can cure those who have recently "died" from vampirism, exposure to the Positive Energy Plane or any of the proximate conduits leading to it will either restore living force or blow undead up, and one can always gamble with journeys through the Demiplane of Time (Temporal Prime) in the hopes of being "set back" to a subjective condition which predates the onset of undeath.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  03:03:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
Another query for my pile o' questions for the Ol' Bearded One named Ed...

We were discussing Alamanther of Aglarond in the "Greatest Spell" scroll the other day, whereupon I mentioned my particular interest in this wizard.

We know a little from the Seven Sisters tome, but I'm wondering whether there might be something else you can share about Alamanther, his once-consort-relationship with the Simbul, and/or his history of spellturning research?

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  05:57:45  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message
Sage, you're getting old. Ed's already given us lots of information on Alamanther, some of which I incorporated into my "Mantles" article.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  06:13:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Sage, you're getting old. Ed's already given us lots of information on Alamanther, some of which I incorporated into my "Mantles" article.

-- George Krashos

That's probably where my interest originated. Silly old sage!

Thanks George.

Consider my original question withdrawn Ed, unless you feel there's anything more you'd like to add that we don't already know.

Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2012 :  01:25:14  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
I wanted to ask the first 5e question, but I realize that anything Ed might know will most certainly be NDA.

Which gave me an idea for a question anyway:

Ed, did you know 5e was coming (not the 'we all new it would be coming eventually' answer), and if so, how long have you known (if you can answer that). I've noted a somewhat positive 'upswing' in some of THO's tantalizing comments regarding 'secrets' and 'projects' - is this why? Are you currently feeling more positive about things since hearing of the change in direction?

I ask this because the last time around, I got more of a "lets all hunker-down and weather the storm" vibe from you. It would be encouraging (for us all) to know you were very excited by the prospect.

Edited by - Markustay on 15 Jan 2012 01:25:33
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000