Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2012)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2012 :  18:34:08  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Just got an e-mail from Ed, re. this by Damian (Ifor Jorkens): "Jorkens, I found this in my notes:
Kaalinth (pronounced KAY-linth) is a now-vanished coastal fortress keep, a small city of folk inhabiting one sprawling stone castle dominated by a huge tower. It was blasted down by a dragon, who laired in the ruins, only to later be defeated by a cabal of dragon-riding wizards. In the battle, the ruined keep was almost obliberated.
It has since vanished.
Some controversy about its site, Amn or Tethyr (Velen?) most likely."
Ed shares this:

Kaalinth was on the north coast of Velen, a little more two-thirds of the way out along that peninsula from the mainland. The land under the ruin heaved and then sank years ago, when an underground cavern (part of the uppermost Underdark that was accessible through nearby surface connections, had seen use by smugglers, and would be considered a "dungeon" by many adventurers) collapsed after a spellblast happened within it). So the ruins of Kaalinth, much tumbled, are still there, underwater, JUST offshore.

So saith Ed. Who will add more about Harptos when he can snatch the time (he's VERY busy right now, with Eye columns and judging the character contest for the comic and doing media interviews for the comic and for some non-Realms literary projects he's involved in, not to mention future fiction planning).
love to all,
THO

Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2012 :  20:59:39  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
Hi Ed and THO,

Looks like the cover art for Ed Greenwood Presents Elminster's Forgotten Realms is out. I like it! The troll pulling the drow wagon-cart is pretty sweet, especially with the human looking like he's winding up to stabber it. Anything you can tell us about this piece? Who these people are or what part of the Realms they are in? Or would that be entering the NDA badlands? Pretty stoked for this fall when it is available! :)

Thank you. :)
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  00:00:45  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by The Hooded One

Hi again, all.
Just got an e-mail from Ed, re. this by Damian (Ifor Jorkens): "Jorkens, I found this in my notes:
Kaalinth (pronounced KAY-linth) is a now-vanished coastal fortress keep

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thank you very much, has more than made up for a rubbish day at work to get some very old lore on the Realms, cheered me up no end

I really appreciate this

Kind regards

Damian

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  14:58:46  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message
And a quick thanks from me too of course.

No Canon, more stories, more Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  23:07:42  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message
I hope this isn't out of line for me, but is it at all possible for us to possibly submit some of our fictional works that take place in the Forgotten Realms and have it canonized? I'm not talking about something huge and realms-changing, just the stories of some characters and have them actually be recognized in the Realm's lore.
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2012 :  23:29:04  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Erendriel Durothil

I hope this isn't out of line for me, but is it at all possible for us to possibly submit some of our fictional works that take place in the Forgotten Realms and have it canonized? I'm not talking about something huge and realms-changing, just the stories of some characters and have them actually be recognized in the Realm's lore.

Wrong place, all submissions need to go to WotC. Even submitting ideas for Ed to right about raises many legal issues. What Ed says, is Canon unless WotC says something different. WotC is the only one that could make third party work canon.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  00:25:56  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Indeed, Erendriel Durothil, Kentinal is right. Only Wizards can make something written for the Realms canon, and it's neither an easy nor swift process, I'm afraid.
Sorry.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  03:10:22  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Ed, I know what the Crystal Grot is (a Sapphire mine).

Buuuuuut.. is that all it is?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 25 Feb 2012 00:20:05
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  11:48:44  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message
Just saw this. EDIT:

Well, I wasn't more talking about Ed's Realms instead of Wizard's realms. I was talking about anything legal-wise, just inserting some characters and their stories into his realms, if he liked them. :)

Just in case anyone got the wrong idea.

Edited by - Aryalómë on 26 Feb 2012 00:39:32
Go to Top of Page

arvandil
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  16:17:34  Show Profile Send arvandil a Private Message
Hi Ed, THO!

I don't exactly remember which book it was in, but it was Ed's, and it mentioned 'winking things' installed inside Elminster by Mystra. (I presume 'winking' meant something like shining or sparkling, rather than *gasp* eye movement?)

What would those things be? Magical geegaws? (Could he call on the power of those items then?) Was he aware when those things were put in him? Or are they shards of Weave power(?)? Or NDA? :D

(I haven't read the latest El trilogy yet, so please pardon me if the answers are there)

Thank you!
Go to Top of Page

Aryalómë
Senior Scribe

USA
666 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  21:32:52  Show Profile Send Aryalómë a Private Message
Do Elves ever use shells and corral for building material? Particularly in Evermeet? (non Aquatic Elf dwellings).
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  22:43:20  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Erendriel, I recall from my notes of Realmsplay with Ed as DM (this is back before the launch of the Realms as a full-fledged published game setting, and so, long before Elaine's EVERMEET novel) that on our brief (collective Knights, as opposed to Florin and Dove) visit to Evermeet, we met with certain elves in a chamber formed of growing trees, that had windows of translucent, polished-to-incredible-thinness shell. (I don't recall any mention of coral, though.)
Of course, off to Ed your query goes, for a proper reply...
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2012 :  23:29:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
quote:

Do Elves ever use shells and corral for building material? Particularly in Evermeet? (non Aquatic Elf dwellings).

I believe that the 2E source Elves of Evermeet touched on building materials, in passing.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  00:07:57  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I believe that the 2E source Elves of Evermeet touched on building materials, in passing.

And Ed's discussed elven building techniques [albeit briefly] in prior replies as well.

No doubt, though, he'll have something more to add.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  00:16:10  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
While perusing an old scroll in search of some older replies, I found this, and thought that it might be worth re-addressing in the context of the upcoming "Elminster's Forgotten Realms" title.
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik 25 Sep 2011
I personally feel the lack of heraldry [in FR game material] was a poor decision.

<snip>

I suppose one major contributor to this loss would be that the graphics accrue some expense in both artistic talent and real estate on the folio layouts ... while text is cheap and small and readily available. Too bad.

So... will there be Realmsian heraldry in this upcoming wondrous tome? Or will we have to wait for Volume 2 (or 3, or...)?

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  00:16:21  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Well Again All

A couple of random questions if I may inspired by recent news.

1) Marmalade: Is it a well know food and (ahem) wide spread in Faerun? Any particular areas noted for producing excellent marmalade and any 'exotic' flavours developed using unusual fruits? Who might be considered the best marmalade maker in Faerun?

2) Glass eyes: Are there any known and notable makers of glass eyes? How widespread is the practice of making eyes (big cities only or can a villager in Thunderstone buy one?) Would said makers also be able to fashion glass eyes with minor magical properties and the like? Are glass eyes every made out of an unusual 'other than glass' resource? (am wondering about real eyes both human and monsterous and grafting perhaps?)

I appreciate there is more than one question here and understand if only partial answer may be forthcoming.

Cheers

Damian

Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  11:27:39  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message
quote:

Hi again, all.
Erendriel, I recall from my notes of Realmsplay with Ed as DM (this is back before the launch of the Realms as a full-fledged published game setting, and so, long before Elaine's EVERMEET novel) that on our brief (collective Knights, as opposed to Florin and Dove) visit to Evermeet, we met with certain elves in a chamber formed of growing trees, that had windows of translucent, polished-to-incredible-thinness shell. (I don't recall any mention of coral, though.)
Of course, off to Ed your query goes, for a proper reply...
love,
THO

A side-question: How did the more conservative (i.e. "no non-elves on Evermeet") sun elves (possibly other variants as well, though I at least suspect the sun elves would have probably had the greatest proportion) react to the presence of several non-elves on Evermeet? Or was it a meeting conducted in secret without anybody aware beyond the parties present at it? Or were there conservative elves who may have been present at the meeting itself?

Or was this actually prior to any "Evermeet is for the elves" viewpoint emerging in Realmslore? (I'm honestly not sure exactly how old the viewpoint is, and whether it was created sometime after the Realms was published or whether it was present in Ed's original notes.)

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  20:21:51  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, all.
Eldacar, Evermeet was Ed's creation, and it was always supposed to be a "refuge" for elves, away from the human- (and orc-, and drow- [[no drow under Evermeet in Ed's original Realms]]) dominated mainland. With a few xenophobic elves dwelling in Evermeet and VERY formidable defenses to detect, intercept, and fight invaders before they reached the island itself (when Jeff Grubb started designing Spelljammer, he and Ed both immediately - - and independently - -reached the same thought: that Evermeet would have a vigilant, always-patrolling defensive aerial fleet).
So (knowing these defenses are in place) in Ed's original Evermeet, a handful of the population might resent the presence of humans or half-elves, but the vast majority of the elves who dwell there who saw a small group of lightly-armed, unarmored humans would assume they were "friendlies," there by invitation, and would not be hostile. Curious, perhaps, but not hostile.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  21:19:36  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message
Dear Ed and THO,
Local rumor hints that Ed is writing television episode scripts (again); can Ed share anything about this?
BB
Go to Top of Page

Penknight
Senior Scribe

USA
538 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  01:26:33  Show Profile Send Penknight a Private Message
quote:

Hi again, all.
Eldacar, Evermeet was Ed's creation, and it was always supposed to be a "refuge" for elves, away from the human- (and orc-, and drow- [[no drow under Evermeet in Ed's original Realms]]) dominated mainland. With a few xenophobic elves dwelling in Evermeet and VERY formidable defenses to detect, intercept, and fight invaders before they reached the island itself (when Jeff Grubb started designing Spelljammer, he and Ed both immediately - - and independently - -reached the same thought: that Evermeet would have a vigilant, always-patrolling defensive aerial fleet).
So (knowing these defenses are in place) in Ed's original Evermeet, a handful of the population might resent the presence of humans or half-elves, but the vast majority of the elves who dwell there who saw a small group of lightly-armed, unarmored humans would assume they were "friendlies," there by invitation, and would not be hostile. Curious, perhaps, but not hostile.
love,
THO

Ah, I wondered why there would be Underdark and drow near or under Evermeet if the Seldarine helped to make it as it was and is supposed to be. I used it as was written in my campaign, but had the Seldarine seal if off, make sacred, all the territory beneath Evermeet's divinely kissed shores after drow discovered the tunnels there (which I felt they'd have known about before all this, honestly, but whatever). Thank you for this information!

Telethian Phoenix
Pathfinder Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  04:01:58  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Ed, I'm not sure if you are very familiar with the SJ Realmspace product, but it has come-up in another thread, and I was wondering - was anything that made it in there from your notes?

quote:
Originally posted by Blueblade

Dear Ed and THO,
Local rumor hints that Ed is writing television episode scripts (again); can Ed share anything about this?
BB
hope its not for Scify channel. Their science-fiction series are usually pretty good, but their fantasy shows are pretty damn crappy.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  11:14:12  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
Speaking of rumours of Ed writing something - I was listening to a podcast of the "Secrets of Pathfinder Fiction" seminar from last year's Paizocon the other day and... is, "It's something we both want and are working towards," still true in regards to an Ed Greenwood Pathfinder novel? (And any news about a Guns of Alkenstar sequel?)

Mana Wastes... *drools*

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2382 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  13:15:51  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

2) Glass eyes: Are there any known and notable makers of glass eyes? How widespread is the practice of making eyes (big cities only or can a villager in Thunderstone buy one?) Would said makers also be able to fashion glass eyes with minor magical properties and the like? Are glass eyes every made out of an unusual 'other than glass' resource? (am wondering about real eyes both human and monsterous and grafting perhaps?)
Grafts are definitely used: Gromph during War of the Spider Queen was in too much hurry to regenerate properly and got himself a pair from one traitor.

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  17:45:25  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message

That mad wizard in City of Splendors was so into grafts-making, too. His body parts, from hair to toes, were grafted from all sorts of creatures.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  21:27:00  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
quote:
Posted by Dennis - 30 Jul 2010
Hi Ed, THO!
<snip>
3.Is there something special about Shar? Many deities, evil and good, were destroyed and came back to life, Mystra being the best example. Yet Shar remains, despite that there are many evil greater deities (should they put their mind to it, which is very likely, considering Shar's new toy, the SW) who could destroy her and steal her portfolio (and her toy). Maybe Mask is already planning to do that?

quote:
Posted by The Hooded One - 30 Jul 2010
Hi again, all. Ed has surprised me with a swift answer to the quartet of offered-again queries from dennis, and here it is:
<chop>
3. Never rule Mask out. Ever. He is ALWAYS scheming, and you are right to anticipate him coming up with SOMETHING.
With that said, no mortal can say (even if, like me, they know something :}} ) what he's up to, regarding Shar or anything/anyone else.
As for Shar, she is indeed special, though no mortal yet knows (and I can't say; NDAs, you know) exactly why or how. More may well be revealed, some day, but mortals probably won't enjoy that revelation. (And I say this as the guy who created the Realms, Shar, and Mask.)

(bold added)

This saddens me. Almost as much as the continued "unpublishedness" of the Cormyr Lineage. We know Shar is one of the mothers of Mystryl/Mystra (who, I'm still convinced, is fundamentally the same deity, despite deaths and resurrections (FoN) and successions (ToT) and what-have-you... as I've discussed elsewhere, trauma and (primarily) dominant Chosen alignment affect her alignment). We also know (if we've read Paul Kemp's books) certain other things about Shar and Mask... to all scribes, if you haven't, go read the Erevis Cale trilogy and the Twilight War trilogy... then you, too, will be impatient for the Cycle of Night trilogy... on which note, Ed, will that upcoming trilogy cause any revision of your statement above?

I had a second question (related to the business benefits of keeping The Big Picture under wraps), but it occurred to me that I've likely asked it before, if I'd ever found a satisfactory way of wording the question to begin with. I realize that it's all about potential sources of revenue for the IP holder (in this case, WotC/Hasbro)... but if things change (e.g., the Spellplague), then we'll never know what the original form of that idea was... and as someone who is fascinated by the philosophy of knowledge (and language, and mathematics, and mind), I find this... unsatisfactory, to put it mildly. I'm not hoping or expecting to learn much (if anything) of the answers to these Big Questions in your upcoming Guide to Elminster's Forgotten Realms, but I'm still giddy with anticipation over the things that might be in there.

Anyway, this post has taken me twice as long to compose as to type, and I'm not a fast typist... I think that means it's time for some fresh air. For the first time in about a week, it's not raining where I am. Many thanks again, Ed, for building and sharing something that inspires such tormenting curiosity... and thanks to THO for being Ed's voice here.

Edit: I just thought of something else regarding the quoted text above: Ed, is Selûne also special in the way you've hinted at above for her sister Shar? I think I've commented on this before too, but the similarity between the symbols of Selûne and Mystra (both featuring seven stars) has been tickling the back of my mind lately... can you say anything more than "NDA" on this?

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Edited by - Jakk on 27 Feb 2012 23:02:02
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  21:29:55  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
Ooh! I just thought of something else... we know from the OGB that Selune's power waxes and wanes over time, similar to (but on a greater time scale than) the phases of the moon... does Shar's power do the same thing, given the lengthening and shortening of the nights over the seasons during the year?

Edit: and I just put this together now... hence the title of Mr. Kemp's new trilogy... Cycle of Night...

Edited by - Jakk on 26 Feb 2012 21:32:23
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  21:38:03  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

Ooh! I just thought of something else... we know from the OGB that Selune's power waxes and wanes over time, similar to (but on a greater time scale than) the phases of the moon... does Shar's power do the same thing, given the lengthening and shortening of the nights over the seasons during the year?

Edit: and I just put this together now... hence the title of Mr. Kemp's new trilogy... Cycle of Night...

That title makes me think that most likely it alludes to the reversal of the fate of most of the major characters in the TW. Rivalen's fall, the destruction of many of Shar's plans, Mask's most awaited Return, Mephistopheles's downfall, Brennus's revenge...and many more.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  22:45:09  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
quote:

I think that is fairly implicit in their 'relationship'. If you read the Shar entry from the OGBS it says:

Shar battles continually with Selune, slaying her often (i.e. every new moon)

Though I am sure that the Selunites would say that Selune battles with Shar continually, slaying her often (i.e every full moon)

Of course this does prompt the question of why Selune was so passive as Shar extended her reach with the shadow weave, slaying of Mystra etc?

I think the designers really dropped the ball on this one, rather than having Shar 'destroy' Mystra they should have explored the direct schism between to two moon/dark moon goddesses (sisters?) and Rich Baker could still have imported his 'created for Birthright' shadow magic into the Realms and showcase how 'great' Shar is. That battle between the sister deities for me would have been much more interesting than the decision to destroy the weave and Mystra.

Cheers

Damian

shudder,
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  12:46:12  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by crazedventurers

quote:

I think that is fairly implicit in their 'relationship'. If you read the Shar entry from the OGBS it says:

Shar battles continually with Selune, slaying her often (i.e. every new moon)

Though I am sure that the Selunites would say that Selune battles with Shar continually, slaying her often (i.e every full moon)

Perhaps both are right. Selune defeats Shar with each full moon, but Shar defeats Selune with each new moon. It is like two deities whose existence is tied to "material" objects in some fashion. One can never truly slay the other. They simply act out their roles in a play that has been acted out since the beginning of time. And beyond that, even when Shar is "slain" the darkness and shadow will persist. By the same token, even when Selune is slain the full moon will inevitably result, affirming the "existence" of the deity within the cosmic-scale belief of her followers.

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
"Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2012 :  22:52:42  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

That title makes me think that most likely it alludes to the reversal of the fate of most of the major characters in the TW. Rivalen's fall, the destruction of many of Shar's plans, Mask's most awaited Return, Mephistopheles's downfall, Brennus's revenge...and many more.

I really hope you're right on these, particularly where Shar and Mask are concerned.

Interesting ideas, Damian and Eldacar... they'd have been better placed in a separate scroll, imho... ...but I'm still intrigued by the possibilities.

THO: In another scroll here, I'm reopening the case of Mystryl and Mystra... I'd love it if you could peruse my original post and see if anything looks particularly on-target... or wildly off-target. Only consult Ed if necessary; I'm not necessarily looking for canonical truth, just whether or not it "fits" with presently known canon (I suspect the canon truth to be NDA anyway), and I know Ed is (as always) extremely busy. Many thanks!

Edited by - Jakk on 27 Feb 2012 22:54:52
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000