Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Ed Greenwood (2012)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 55

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2011 :  16:12:52  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Delete Topic
Well met

This being a continued collection of scrolls of any questions the scribes and visitors of Candlekeep wish to put to a master who needs no introduction, namely - Ed Greenwood, creator of the Forgotten Realms.

Ed's works include MANY FR sourcebooks and numerous novels, such as Cormyr: A Novel, Spellfire, Silverfall, The Shadows of the Avatar Trilogy and The Elminster Series, to name but a few.

Present your questions herein and check back to see what news may also come forth from the quill of this author.

For previous entries of the many, many writings of lore by Ed, please see the 2011 entries in this collection of scrolls, the 2010 entries here, the 2009 entries here the 2008 entries here, the 2007 entries here, the 2006 entries here, the 2005 entries here, and the 2004 entries here. 'ware, these run into over 80 pages, ye may be reading for some time. For a concise read of Ed's replies, visit the "So Saith Ed" page on the Candlekeep site.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 31 Dec 2012 16:08:19

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2011 :  16:16:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
And just to keep all scribes updated on the "So Saith Ed" compilations I've been working on... I've again been cooperating with Alaundo to have all the files up to 31 December 2011 uploaded to Candlekeep by the end of February. This will include all the remaining updates for both 2010 and last year.

I will also try to keep the updates for 2012 flowing just as smoothly too.

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2011 :  16:44:12  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
Hi again, fellow scribes! (And thank you, Sage, for launching this new thread.)
I bring you the first lore reply, of sorts, from Ed for 2012, this one to createvmind regarding the identity of Ottar (of the "Ottar's Mask" spell).
Ed tells me that he still has to "crosscheck" on this one, but that Ottar is a shortening of the name of the human non-Rashemi wizard who taught many of the witches enhanced mastery of magic, long ago (and dwelt with them as a beloved teacher at the time). More lore forthcoming when Ed can.
Oh, and Ed is VERY busy throughout January, generating "lots" of Realmslore for us all!
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2011 :  18:08:00  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message
I still have under 12 hours left in 2011!

Happy new year folks.

May some of those pesky NDA's go away!

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Eladrinstar
Learned Scribe

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2011 :  19:10:15  Show Profile Send Eladrinstar a Private Message
Simple yes-or-no question from me here: Are there any aspects of everyday life in Faerun that regretfully remain NDA?

Thanks in advance, and Happy New Year!
Go to Top of Page

Foxhelm
Senior Scribe

Canada
592 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2011 :  19:28:40  Show Profile Send Foxhelm a Private Message
Talk about the crossing between our world and the Realms...

We know that technology won't work properly in the Realms, yet what about luxuries of our world. Like food?

Chocolates, ice cream, BBQ chicken wings, pizza, etc.

How much could a merchant with a portal access to both world make exporting food from our world to the realms?

Ed Greenwood! The Solution... and Cause of all the Realms Problems!
Go to Top of Page

crazedventurers
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1073 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2011 :  20:36:52  Show Profile  Visit crazedventurers's Homepage Send crazedventurers a Private Message
Well Again All

Thanks for the update on Ottar, look forward to more as and when Ed can provide.

Have another question if I may?

Is Taline Telgara, Magister from 902-946 DR with the nom-de-plume of The Flame of the North, the same Flame of the North that is a sword found in the tomb of High King Arthangh of Emberden in the Halls of Undermountain? I realise there is 500 years between Emberden forming and Taline's reign as Magister, but the similarites between her spirit and the swords description and further lore about her going to Deepwater Harbour to see/tutor Ahghairon make a very strong link for me? Is she a Magister that chose to take Mystra Fate and become a (partially sentient) sword?

Kindest regards and a happy new year to all

Damian
who is patiently trying to find all the hidden linked lore from sourcebooks of the Realms that is actually in plain sight

So saith Ed. I've never said he was sane, have I?
Gods, all this writing and he's running a constant fantasy version of Coronation Street in his head, too. .
shudder,
love to all,
THO
Candlekeep Forum 7 May 2005

Edited by - crazedventurers on 31 Dec 2011 20:37:35
Go to Top of Page

createvmind
Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2011 :  23:08:55  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
Hello all, Happy new Year forward and backwards in time.

Ed in your realms are there any havens still for Unicorns in 1373, do they have guardians if yes? Are Unicorn tears useful for any magical effects/creation, are devil tears useful for any magical effect/creation and what would be the cost of a devil's tear if one had to purchase it, I assume the plane upon which it is purchased would determine the price.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2012 :  00:28:07  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
Have we discovered a time portal?

Seriously, I am boycotting this thread for another 5 hours. None of that weird 'upside down' time from the merry ol' land of Oz for me.

And besides, I think Ed's in my time zone (or I'm in his... hmmmm...), ergo he can't answer 2012 questions yet either.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2012 :  01:16:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

Have we discovered a time portal?
You should know what I'm like with time by now, Markus?
quote:
Seriously, I am boycotting this thread for another 5 hours. None of that weird 'upside down' time from the merry ol' land of Oz for me.
Just think of me as Future-Sage.
quote:
And besides, I think Ed's in my time zone (or I'm in his... hmmmm...), ergo he can't answer 2012 questions yet either.
I know my opening this scroll according to Australian time often causes some disconnect for those in either Europe or the US. But considering that Australia is one of the first major countries to welcome in the new year, I've thought it just makes sense to open the new Ed's questions scroll so that those scribes living in time zones that cross into the new year before either Europe or the US, can start to participate without having to wait for you "slowpokes."

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7969 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2012 :  01:53:13  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message
I can't see how being out of timesync by half a day really makes much of a difference in Ed's scrolls. Why, that's hardly enough time for Ed to sit down and warm up his pipe! And Sage needs a headstart, why deny him?

(Off-topic: We should have a greybearded emote wearing a wizard hat and smoking a pipe. It would be highly apropos.)

quote:
Arik (30 Mar 2011)

• Our sun's official name is "Sol" (a word with mythological roots and an ancient and complex etymology). Is there a similar astronomical name for the sun of the Realms? I'm thinking erudites wouldn't simply call it "the sun", nor use some clumsy term like "Lathander's Chariot", "Ra's Orb", etc.

• About Abeir ... does it have a moon like Selūne, does it have Tears in the sky as well?

• quote:
    The Hooded One (3 minutes 29 seconds later)

Hi, Arik. I seem to recall Ed describing Abeir as having multiple moons. Over to him for a proper response to your queries, of course.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 01 Jan 2012 01:57:27
    Go to Top of Page

MalariaMoon
    Learned Scribe

324 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2012 :  04:12:16  Show Profile  Visit MalariaMoon's Homepage Send MalariaMoon a Private Message
    This may be a question the Hooded One can answer for herself.

I've just been reading through "Ruins of Myth Drannor" and I was curious to learn more about the destruction of the gate to the Nine Hells located in the Burial Glen. It was destroyed by the Knights of Myth Drannor, and according to the "Ruins", a number of devils including four pit fiends and dragon servants of Tiamat.

Did this epic encounter take place at the gaming table? If so, could you tell us more? I'm particularly curious because I believe the Knights have been described as relatively low-level. What tricks did they use to prevail against such a force? Did they have help from the Chosen or other powerful allies?

Many thanks, and Happy New Year!
    Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
    Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2012 :  06:59:01  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message
    when's the next Elminster book due out?

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
    Magister's GAmbit
    http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
    Go to Top of Page

Drizztsmanchild
    Learned Scribe

USA
    228 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2012 :  08:07:27  Show Profile  Visit Drizztsmanchild's Homepage Send Drizztsmanchild a Private Message
    quote:
    Originally posted by sfdragon

when's the next Elminster book due out?

If I may be so bold.....hope I'm not treading on anyones shoes here..but
    September 4 2012...according to Amazon.
    Go to Top of Page

Dennis
    Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2012 :  08:17:30  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message

Happy New Year, Ed and THO!

Has Mystra ever assumed a male avatar? If so, when, where, and for what purpose?

Every beginning has an end.
    Go to Top of Page

Eldacar
    Senior Scribe

438 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2012 :  11:19:35  Show Profile Send Eldacar a Private Message
    A brief question (not that my questions ever seem to wind up being very brief...) for Ed regarding Elminster and his interactions with archmages from other worlds, following a brief re-read of some of the Wizard's Three articles I possess.

Elminster has no doubt interacted with Mordenkainen, probably among other archmages from Oerth (or Krynn). Has he ever, in his planar jaunts, interacted with (either as friend or foe) Iggwilv to any great extent? If not, how does Ed see such an encounter playing out? Did he and Gary Gygax ever get to discussing such a meeting? If the meeting were to end in violence, how would Ed see such a fight progressing, and what would possibly/probably result from it in terms of future relations?

"The Wild Mages I have met exhibit a startling disregard for common sense, and are often meddling with powers far beyond their own control." ~Volo
    "Not unlike a certain travelogue author with whom I am unfortunately acquainted." ~Elminster
    Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
    Great Reader

Sweden
    2104 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2012 :  17:57:56  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message
    In the years since the first of the "Ask Ed" threads got started, is there any question Ed is surprised hasn't been asked yet?

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
    Terry Pratchett
    Go to Top of Page

Rhewtani
    Senior Scribe

USA
    508 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2012 :  03:04:05  Show Profile Send Rhewtani a Private Message
    And is there a reply from 2004 that Ed would like to revisit?
    Go to Top of Page

Quale
    Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2012 :  11:25:11  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message
    quote:
    Originally posted by crazedventurers

Thanks for the update on Ottar, look forward to more as and when Ed can provide.

Probably a different Ottar, but Ottar was also the first frost giant in the Realms (Giantcraft)
    Go to Top of Page

Laeknir
    Seeker

68 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2012 :  14:44:59  Show Profile  Visit Laeknir's Homepage Send Laeknir a Private Message
    Happy New Year to the Lord of the Greenwood and the lovely Lady THO,

I wonder if you might speak more of the dajemma of Rashemen male youths, and of the "world journey" of the young ethran females. Both must be very old traditions of their culture, and I'm curious about local custom. When they go on their walkabout, are they typically alone? Are they given any special equipment, specific imperatives, ritual tools, or a rough schedule of when to return? How do the youths (and elders) know when a dajemma / journey has been satisfactorily completed? And what kind of ceremony or traditions take place upon return?

Best wishes!
    - Laeknir
    Go to Top of Page

createvmind
    Senior Scribe

490 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2012 :  16:11:38  Show Profile  Visit createvmind's Homepage Send createvmind a Private Message
    Hello All,

Ed in your realms is there a place, plane, dimensional space that creatures that have turned from evil can go to live amongst others like themselves if such a thing is possible...a reformed devil, demon? I"m thinking of Logan's Run but wondering if such a place exist for such creatures.

Also, can a Unicorn be so enraged by something as to make it become evil in how it chooses to exact retribution? Does this in anyway affect the unicorns appearance or abilities?
    Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2012 :  21:51:47  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
    Hi again, all!
    I bring you Ed's first bunch of bright new 2012 lore replies:

To Eladrinstar, re: "Are there any aspects of everyday life in Faerun that regretfully remain NDA?"

Ed replies: Yes, but as it happens, I'm hard at work on addressing some of them right now. Truly.

To Foxhelm: re: "Chocolates, ice cream, BBQ chicken wings, pizza, etc. How much could a merchant with a portal access to both world make exporting food from our world to the realms?"

Ed replies: it depends. Portals sometimes, randomly, do strange things to food brought through them (e.g. chocolates or ice cream vaporized or melted into exploding clouds of hot mist), and how much is made depends not just on reliable supply, but demand (that is, popularity in the Realms). Some things will catch on, some won't . . .

To Damian, re: "Is Taline Telgara, Magister from 902-946 DR with the nom-de-plume of The Flame of the North, the same Flame of the North that is a sword found in the tomb of High King Arthangh of Emberden in the Halls of Undermountain? I realise there is 500 years between Emberden forming and Taline's reign as Magister, but the similarites between her spirit and the swords description and further lore about her going to Deepwater Harbour to see/tutor Ahghairon make a very strong link for me? Is she a Magister that chose to take Mystra Fate and become a (partially sentient) sword?"

Ed replies: Yes, those two Flames of the North are the same person: Taline. Yes, she chose to become a partially sentient sword. (Yep, Damian, you did spot and nail down an out-in-plain-sight secret. :} )

So saith Ed, and more are coming!
    love to all,
    THO
    Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2012 :  22:14:44  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
    . . . And hi again, all!
    Herewith, Ed's next batch of 2012 replies!

To Laeknir, re: "I wonder if you might speak more of the dajemma of Rashemen male youths, and of the "world journey" of the young ethran females. Both must be very old traditions of their culture, and I'm curious about local custom. When they go on their walkabout, are they typically alone? Are they given any special equipment, specific imperatives, ritual tools, or a rough schedule of when to return? How do the youths (and elders) know when a dajemma / journey has been satisfactorily completed? And what kind of ceremony or traditions take place upon return?"

Ed replies: I haven't time right now to properly delve into describing those rites of passage, but yes, other than to be provided with names of persons abroad who may be if help if they find themselves in need of it, those undertaking them are typically alone (though they may begin walking with others undertaking the same rite). It's considered the height of rude bad taste to give someone going on such a rite specific expectations of what they should/must do/go see, or a schedule of return (though the person going on the rite can freely ask advice, or for maps or directions, or suggest when they'll return). It is generally agreed that a person undergoing such a rite will "know" when they are ready to return. When they return, a feast is usually held (family and friends will always try to be present, but anyone can attend), and at it the returned person will tell some tales of their journey (but aren't required to "reveal all"). Some walkers are given family good luck tokens (walking sticks, etc.), but not all. It's fine to start off with, or meet up with, or do a lot of travelling with fellow walkers in the same rite, but it's generally considered that to perform it properly, some of it must be done alone (to be YOUR journey and learning, not someone else's).

(Ayrik: Ed doesn't smoke a pipe. Elminster does. The two are not one and the same person, any more than Ed is Mirt, or Elaith, or Storm, or The Simbul, or Azoun, or Piergeiron, or Manshoon, or Szass Tam, or any of the other thousands of NPCs Ed has created.)

MalariaMoon, yes, that encounter DID take place at the gaming table. Florin wore and used his flying shield, Dove fought with us, most of us were 7th to 9th level and brought and used all of our magic items, and one of the devils fighting us tried something that got magically twisted by the gate into a terrific explosion that wounded many of our foes. Another wrested a magic item from Illistyl, tried to use it - - and succeeded in alerting The Simbul and calling her to the battle. Where she fought VERY effectively on our side.
    At the end, most of us were reeling, down to our last few hit points, with our large arsenal of magic items darned near exhausted (a very effective way of lightening our magical armory, BTW).

To sfdragon: Drizztsmanchild (and no, you're not treading on any toes! Thank you!) has the date correct, so far as any of us know (the book was completed and turned in months ago).

To Dennis, re: "Has Mystra ever assumed a male avatar? If so, when, where, and for what purpose?"

Ed replies: Yes. NDA right now. Sorry.

So saith Ed, and that's all for now. Though Ed assures me he hasn't forgotten the mountain of unanswered lore requests, from 2004 through now (and yes, Rhewtani, Ed tells me he wants to once again answer one still-waiting question from every year, as soon as he can).
    love to all,
    THO

Go to Top of Page

Laeknir
    Seeker

68 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2012 :  00:27:18  Show Profile  Visit Laeknir's Homepage Send Laeknir a Private Message
    Thanks to you both - and wow, so fast! Whenever time permits, I'll eagerly await more detail, but this is excellent and gets me started.

All my best for the new year!
    Go to Top of Page

Dennis
    Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2012 :  14:37:50  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message

Hmm. I didn't expect it to be NDA. But it's okay. Will we find out in the new El series?

Every beginning has an end.
    Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
    Master of Realmslore

USA
    1446 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2012 :  17:38:32  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
    Hi Ed and THO! Will we ever see anything done on Tethyamar? Are there any nuggets of lore you could share regarding this realm?

Thanks. :) And Happy New Year!
    Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
    Great Reader

Canada
    7969 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2012 :  04:06:32  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message
    quote:
    The Hooded One

(Ayrik: Ed doesn't smoke a pipe. Elminster does. The two are not one and the same person, any more than Ed is Mirt, or Elaith, or Storm, or The Simbul, or Azoun, or Piergeiron, or Manshoon, or Szass Tam, or any of the other thousands of NPCs Ed has created.)
    Whoops. I'd always assumed that since smoking a pipe was such an ubiquitously cultivated signature trait for Elminster it must also be an affectation shared by Ed. Many of my (favourite) NPCs can invariably be identified through their expression of my own personal quirks and preferences. Perhaps Ed simply possesses superior imagination and acting skills.

[/Ayrik]
    Go to Top of Page

Markustay
    Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
    15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2012 :  04:35:05  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message
    Heres a question I think I've seen asked before, or at least one very similar, but I hope my putting a broader scope on it will allow it to be considered a new question.

If someone were to come to you, and say "I've got this world..." (I'm sure you've heard that a number of times), and wanted to have you contribute to it (for pay, of course), and you had the time (and I'm sure you've politely used that excuse to turn down projects you had no interest in), what would YOU like to write about?

Races, locales, interesting characters, organizations, artifacts, kingdoms, etc?

In other words, do you have a favorite topic that you would love to develop further?

And BTW, I buy my lottery tickets at a supermarket that sold the 206 million dollar winner here in NY the other day, which made me start thinking about what project I'd love to finish if I had the money, which made me think of this question (I have a list of talented artists, authors, and designers I would call upon, if I had deep enough pockets).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

MalariaMoon
    Learned Scribe

324 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2012 :  15:52:37  Show Profile  Visit MalariaMoon's Homepage Send MalariaMoon a Private Message
    quote:
    Originally posted by The Hooded One

Another wrested a magic item from Illistyl, tried to use it - - and succeeded in alerting The Simbul and calling her to the battle. Where she fought VERY effectively on our side.

I don't doubt it!('')

I do have a question for Ed now. I'm writing an adventure in which the PCs will be searching for a lost piece of magic left behind by the wizards cabal known as the Circle of Flames (or the Circle of the Flames) in Myth Drannor. The Circle are referenced briefly in "Ruins of Myth Drannor" and a few other sources, but I wonder if Ed could tell us a little more about them?

Specifically, I'm seeking details of their school or stronghold within Myth Drannor - the ruins will be the eventual destination and main dungeon for the quest. Any tidbits on defenses or magic therein would be icing on the cake!

Furthermore, the link between the (first incarnation of) War Wizards and the Circle of Flames will be central to the adventure's plot. "Ruins of Myth Drannor" tells us survivors of the Circle of Flames trained some of Cormyr's first War Wizards. Can Ed share anything of who these mages were, and what exactly he taught them.

Hopefully none of this NDA (shhh ... don't even say the word!)

Finally, my sincerest thanks to Ed for sharing the Realms with us, and to you as his kind intermediary.

Thanks!
    Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One

5056 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2012 :  18:12:08  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message
    Hello again, all.
    MalariaMoon, you're very welcome. Off your queries have gone to Ed, to see what he can share.
    In the meantime, this from Ed to createvmind:

"Ottar" was really Ilsral Ottamar of Amn, a wizard who fled deadly intrigues in that land to dwell in seclusion in Rashemen. He aided many witches with his magic and his teachings of it, and they came to respect and then (after his death) revere him.

So saith Ed. Who adds that's the "quickie, avoiding NDAs" version of lore, and more may be forthcoming later...
    love,
    THO

Edited by - The Hooded One on 05 Jan 2012 18:12:25
    Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
    Master of Realmslore

USA
    1446 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2012 :  00:51:03  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message
    Hi THO and Ed,
    I was digging around in the Realms Mailing list for dalelands underdark info and found a few tidbits about the original concept of Maerimydra:

Lake of Shadows - After discussions with Ed Greenwood, I learned that the
    route from Shadowdale to Maerimydra crossed a large subterranean lake. Hence,
    the lake. Details currently unknown.

On September 27, 2006 Eric Boyd said: Also note that they didn't put Maerimydra where I intended it to be in CotSQ, although the placement is reasonable. Drawing on a my conversation with Ed, I intended it to be under the Moonsea (or nearly so), as you can guess from a close reading of DDGttU.
    Basically the only real changes would be to make the connection via Haptooth Hill far less important and to make the infamous "sea drow" of "The Moonsea" part of this settlement (but in a radically different way than the rumors posited in "The Moonsea"). I had this weird idea at the time that the drow might have clear domes in the roof of their cavern popping up into the sea floor. So you could levitate up and stand in air on the floor of the Moonsea.

I found this very interesting information and was wondering, have the Knights ever been to Maerimydra? Does Ed's homebrew campaign have a version of Maerimydra similar to the above? The above information almost infers Maerimydra rests on the shores of the Moondeep Sea or possibly caverns very close to the bottom of the Moonsea?
    Go to Top of Page
    Page: of 55 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
    Next Page
     New Topic  Topic Locked
     Printer Friendly
    Jump To:
    Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
    Snitz Forums 2000