Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Looking for Elves of Faerun pdf "Magic Items"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

StarFyre
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  02:16:18  Show Profile Send StarFyre a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello,

I'm new to this site; i came across it while researching something for a campaign and found these pdfs (volume 1, 3, 4) regarding Elves of Faerun.

I then found http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19848934/Elves_of_Faer%C3%BBn:_Directory?post_id=337914218#337914218

which mentions magic items (which i am very interested in) however, the links do not work as that other site no longer exists.

Does anyone have the pdf with the artifacts and magic items in it?

Please contact me if you do :)

(the pdfs 1, 3,4 don`t have them and i can`t find 2 anywhere)

Regards,

Sanjay

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  05:54:18  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The links from that old page might work within the Wayback Machine Internet Archive.

I could be wrong, but they appear to be fan published materials. If so, they're not canon and probably still available as free downloads within public domain.

If they are segments of an officially published work (by TSR, WotC, or any OGL private party) then there will likely be legal complications involved; ie: downloading copies is probably illegal unless purchased. Candlekeep does not support nor discuss piracy or illegal downloads of published books, software, or other materials.

There are some official TSR/WotC downloads which were once freely available but have since been withdrawn (downloading these from unofficial sources is technically legal but ethically questionable) - Elves of Faerūn is not listed among them.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  10:49:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elves of Faerūn is, so far as I know, mostly fan-created lore with some canon references thrown in. I believe it was a collective project undertaken by some of the folks on the WotC forums, but I'm not certain -- I was long gone from WotC's forums before I heard of it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  11:10:29  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I suggest you try contacting Lord Karsus. He will likely have the web location for the PDFs.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  12:50:56  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lord Karsus has been inactive at Candlekeep for six months.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  14:07:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ayrik

Lord Karsus has been inactive at Candlekeep for six months.

He has active emails, via the Candlekeep website, however, which is why I linked to his profile.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  15:10:53  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah yes, sorry, didn't notice that.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

StarFyre
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2011 :  17:33:31  Show Profile Send StarFyre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doh. I can't email him as i haven't posted here enough since i'm too new. it gave an error.

Oh well. Thanks anyways.

Sanjay
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  00:33:57  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll kick him over on FB.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  00:40:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I could try contacting him on your behalf, if that would help?

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  00:57:51  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Thank Mark for letting me know.

-All that has been 'published' are Volumes I, III and VI. Volumes II (Elven Cities and Settlements), IV (Elven Magical Items), and V (Elven History) have never been completed, and exist only in MS Word documents that are of varying degrees of completion. If there are specific things that you are looking for, I have no problems with copying and pasting the things I do have, but you need to know what it is you're looking for.

quote:

I could be wrong, but they appear to be fan published materials. If so, they're not canon and probably still available as free downloads within public domain.

-Am I and my D&D magnum opus work really that forgotten? Gilgamesh be damned, you don't live on forever in literature.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Elves of Faerūn is, so far as I know, mostly fan-created lore with some canon references thrown in.

-Other way around.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 28 Dec 2011 01:00:09
Go to Top of Page

rjfras
Learned Scribe

261 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  01:06:20  Show Profile  Visit rjfras's Homepage Send rjfras a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i recognize the names of some of the magic items,but most I do not. I know I wouldn't mind seeing the magic items that were created. Some of them sound interesting just from the names... or are they all just gathered from older books? If so, a source for them would be great.

I tried the wayback machine on some of links and it would show the front page of frogottenrealmsvault.com and the first level of links, but not past that.
Go to Top of Page

StarFyre
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  01:14:27  Show Profile Send StarFyre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Thanks for replying.

I've been contemplating converting up items from the older materials such as Cormanthyr into Pathfinder/3.5e/D20 for possible use in a campaign.

I was planning to read all the items mentioned in the link i pasted above and see what was appropriate. Also, many of the items I'm not familiar with, so wanted to read them and see what source book they are from.

However, so you don't have to spend too much time, the ones I think I'm most interested in:

- Highfire Crown
- Arcstaff of Khavoerm
- Queen's sword (that +8 two handed vorpal/moonblade weapon)
- Spellbook of Infinite Pages (Completed by Aled
- The Staff of Rumathil (Completed by Lord Karsus)
- The Staff of Travaran (Completed by Lord Karsus)

And any drow related items you had notes for

thank you :)

Sanjay
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  05:33:53  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Lord Karsus

Am I and my D&D magnum opus work really that forgotten? Gilgamesh be damned, you don't live on forever in literature.
Haha, I actually don't do a lot of reading about elven hippies. I did recall that you'd written Elves of Faerūn, and that I'd hardly glanced through it, once Sage dropped your name. My preferences lean towards Giths, fiends, planeslore, that sorta stuff. Sorry, Karsus, I dumped ya for Shemmy.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 28 Dec 2011 05:36:23
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2011 :  15:10:31  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't care for Elves either, but I did contribute a little.

Anything to help grow 'Realms Awareness', and all that.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 28 Dec 2011 15:11:01
Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2011 :  02:12:22  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lord Karsus, your work is never forgotten. I consult it a couple
times a month for research.
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2011 :  05:53:03  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Starfyre, I have the following articles finished and written up:

The Arcstaff of Khavaoerm
Spellbook of Infinite Pages
Staff of Rumathil
Staff of Travaran
(Drow Related Items: Chaeldon's Katar, Crawlchariot, Crawlchest, Daylight Pellets, Driftdisk, Drow Deathlance, Drow House Insignia, Globes, Kiss of the Dark Spider, Knockout Poison, Obsul Ssussun, Piwafwi, and Signal Specula)

-Send me a PM with your e-mail address, and the articles that you want. Each one, more or less, is 1-2 pages with historical and descriptive information of the items in question, with D&D stats in parenthesis' where applicable.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2011 :  06:31:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Starfyre, I have the following articles finished and written up:

The Arcstaff of Khavaoerm
Spellbook of Infinite Pages
Staff of Rumathil
Staff of Travaran
(Drow Related Items: Chaeldon's Katar, Crawlchariot, Crawlchest, Daylight Pellets, Driftdisk, Drow Deathlance, Drow House Insignia, Globes, Kiss of the Dark Spider, Knockout Poison, Obsul Ssussun, Piwafwi, and Signal Specula)

-Send me a PM with your e-mail address, and the articles that you want. Each one, more or less, is 1-2 pages with historical and descriptive information of the items in question, with D&D stats in parenthesis' where applicable.

Oooo! Could I grab a copy of those items as well? [My email should be in my profile here at Candlekeep.]

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2011 :  10:36:28  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are they not available at Lord Karsus's deviantart site?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2011 :  13:57:40  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Are they not available at Lord Karsus's deviantart site?

I think the articles above are not there.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2012 :  07:14:19  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Oooo! Could I grab a copy of those items as well? [My email should be in my profile here at Candlekeep.]

-Are you interested in just those items specifically, or anything else? I have literally a few hundred MS Word files of items/places that are in varying stages of completion, that never got utilized because I never finished the Magical Items/Cities and Settlements chapters.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Jan 2012 :  08:08:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

-Are you interested in just those items specifically, or anything else? I have literally a few hundred MS Word files of items/places that are in varying stages of completion, that never got utilized because I never finished the Magical Items/Cities and Settlements chapters.

Well, if you're willing to share the rest, then I'll happily ask that you send whatever files you are interested in sharing with others.

Go to Top of Page

althen artren
Senior Scribe

USA
780 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2012 :  21:51:37  Show Profile Send althen artren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Share, share, share! Share, share, share!
We (as in scribes) can always edit and or continue what
you have written up to suit our needs. Uncomplete
news Realms lore is always better that no new Realms lore.

Edited by - althen artren on 02 Jan 2012 21:53:21
Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2012 :  01:05:55  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Anything linked in the directory that says 'Completed by X' is finished. Things that are listed but aren't finished are either written up to varying degrees of incompletion, or just blank MS Word documents. I have no problems sending anything that is unfinished anyone's way, but e-mailing hundreds of files at once is a bit unwieldy. Sage, and anyone else who asked, pick out a few articles, and I'll send them your way, and ask back in a few days and I can send some more- staggering is much easier.

Elves of Faerūn
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2012 :  04:15:13  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi LK,

Do you have a GMail or Goolge+ account? With either you should be able to set up a Google Docs account for free. If you then zipped the files up and shared them then anyone with the link (or however you decide to share the zip file) could download all of them and sort through them at their leisure.

--Hawkins

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2012 :  04:34:36  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkins

Hi LK,

Do you have a GMail or Goolge+ account? With either you should be able to set up a Google Docs account for free. If you then zipped the files up and shared them then anyone with the link (or however you decide to share the zip file) could download all of them and sort through them at their leisure.

--Hawkins

That's similar to how I get baby pictures to my father-in-law. He's not on the Facebook, so he doesn't see it when we post baby pictures. Instead I zip up the pics, upload them to my website, and send him the link.

I've actually considered putting some of the stuff I've written for the Compendium up there on my site, as well.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2012 :  05:37:59  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Stop considering and just do it, Wooly! (Then post the linky here for us leeches.)

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

sommers
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  05:20:02  Show Profile Send sommers a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any chance that Lord Karsus has put up an archive of the source material from the Elves of Sourcebook? Either somewhere else, or on here? I'd love to see some of the stuff already done.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  09:31:26  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lord Karsus's Deviant Art or http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19848926/Elven_Netbook?pg=221.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  14:27:56  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lord Karsus, (or Sage or anyone else) if you've still got copies of the Magical Items, I would love a copy of Avariel Lances. My email is listed in my profile. Many thanks.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2012 :  19:13:20  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-I clicked on your e-mail in your profile, and it kept freezing on me. Plus, I need to attach the file. Send me a PM with your e-mail so I can get it through to you.

quote:
Originally posted by sommers

Any chance that Lord Karsus has put up an archive of the source material from the Elves of Sourcebook? Either somewhere else, or on here? I'd love to see some of the stuff already done.

Thanks.

-My sources are listed on the last page of each released .PDF file. In Volume I, it's page 187, in Volume III, it's page 41, and in Volume VI, I apparently forgot to put it in.

Elves of Faerūn

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 04 Mar 2012 19:17:18
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: