Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Interesting upcoming product finds
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2011 :  21:25:09  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
In my usual search for upcoming books I came across a couple of FR RPG products coming out next year. The first is one that originally listed that it included miniatures so I assumed it was a board game or an adventure complete with minis (still no idea why this isn't happening yet). Now it seems to say it is a 96 page hardcover adventure. Halls of Undermountain, coming out April 17th. The other product looks to me like the RPG team is going all in on the Forgotten Realms setting. Menzoberranzan: City of Intrigue looks like another book along the lines of Neverwinter and it comes out in August.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2011 :  13:12:39  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, there is some fun stuff in store for Realmslore freaks! :)
Go to Top of Page

Mace Hammerhand
Great Reader

Germany
2296 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2011 :  01:33:31  Show Profile  Visit Mace Hammerhand's Homepage Send Mace Hammerhand a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Despite me applauding the decision to release more Realms-stuff, I find it sad that the logo is gone :(

Mace's not so gentle gamer's journal My rants were harmless compared to this, beware!
Go to Top of Page

Sammael
Acolyte

27 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  20:08:06  Show Profile  Visit Sammael's Homepage Send Sammael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was just revealed that Menzoberranzan will be edition-neutral and will cover multiple eras. Looks like we just got our first 5e preview product!
Go to Top of Page

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  20:45:08  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sammael

It was just revealed that Menzoberranzan will be edition-neutral and will cover multiple eras. Looks like we just got our first 5e preview product!

Really? Revealed where? This is very interesting though if it pans out.
Go to Top of Page

Sammael
Acolyte

27 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  22:09:19  Show Profile  Visit Sammael's Homepage Send Sammael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://twitter.com/brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  22:47:14  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And September brings a Castle Grimstead Dungeon Tiles set, though it may share just a name with the Shadowdale ruin.
Go to Top of Page

idilippy
Senior Scribe

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2012 :  22:49:07  Show Profile Send idilippy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very cool then, looking forward to this much more than I was before.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2012 :  12:06:11  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2 more to my wishlist. Awesome.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2012 :  19:48:51  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will almost certainly pick up Menzo as one of the very few 4e books I own, however I would have liked to see something that hadn't been done before.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  05:01:15  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by idilippy

quote:

Really? Revealed where? This is very interesting though if it pans out.

I will definitely be picking this one up, then... I just wish the title was 'Cormyr'...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2012 :  06:09:50  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A drow city named Cormyr? Man, those dark elves really are overrunning the setting.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2012 :  22:20:52  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dark Wizard

A drow city named Cormyr? Man, those dark elves really are overrunning the setting.

Shhh! Don't give the WotC folks any ideas...

We need a "paranoid" smiley...

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2012 :  01:33:34  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mace Hammerhand

Despite me applauding the decision to release more Realms-stuff, I find it sad that the logo is gone :(

I agree... hopefully that will change with the official release of the new edition.

Go to Top of Page

Kilvan
Senior Scribe

Canada
894 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2012 :  17:06:41  Show Profile Send Kilvan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Great! This is definitely a step in the right direction IMO.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Apr 2012 :  20:59:05  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I support the edition-neutral nature of new FR books, I am greatly distressed by the lack of logo.

On the other hand, does this now mean that FR is synonymous with D&D, moving forward? They said they wanted to make it not just core, but THE D&D setting, so maybe this logo-less presentation has some methodology to it?

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 17 Apr 2012 20:59:38
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000